Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

05.05.2019 07:57
one run on Travis Hafners ground out and was helped in th Antworten

ATLANTA -- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson says hes not fretting about his job security.Yet, its clearly on his mind.He certainly didnt shy away from it Tuesday.When asked during his weekly news conference whether an upset win at Virginia Tech helped ease some of the disappointments of the past two seasons, Johnson used the opportunity to staunchly defend his record with the Yellow Jackets.Truthfully, Ive never worried about that stuff, Johnson said, turning the question into a referendum on his nine seasons at the Atlantic Coast Conference school. If they think they can get somebody better, they ought to go get `em. Thats certainly their right.Georgia Tech went 3-9 a year ago and endured a three-game losing streak this season, but the Yellow Jackets (6-4, 3-4 ACC) became bowl eligible with a 30-20 victory over then-No. 18 Virginia Tech last weekend.They face Virginia (2-8, 1-5) in their home finale Saturday, before closing the regular season at state rival Georgia.My job is to try to take the players that we have and make them be the best they can be -- make sure theyre going to school, make sure theyre graduating and staying out of trouble, Johnson said. Do you want to win every game? Yeah. Do you want to win the league? Yeah. But if you look back and youre realistic, historically that hasnt happened every year here.There has been plenty of speculation about Johnsons future, especially with Georgia Tech bringing on a new athletic director, Todd Stansbury. The coach has also faced persistent questions about his run-oriented, triple-option offense, with some critics saying it prevents the Yellow Jackets from recruiting elite players on that side of the ball.The coach insists the complaints are largely driven by the media.I think the speculation is you guys, Johnson told reporters. I might live in a cave, but I dont see it. I dont get it from our administration. I dont get it from our fan base. I dont get it from our alumni. I see where you guys write about it in the paper, or they talk about it on the radio. But, like I said, I dont worry about that. It wouldnt do me any good to worry about it.Johnsons record at Georgia Tech is 67-48, including a 41-30 mark in the ACC. The Yellow Jackets have reached the conference championship game three times, winning in 2009 even though the crown was later vacated because of NCAA violations.In 2014, Georgia Tech went 11-3 and defeated Mississippi State in the Orange Bowl for its first victory in a major bowl since the 1960s.Outside of that dismal showing in 2015, the Yellow Jackets have largely played up to their potential, Johnson believes, and dealt as well as they could with some of the limitations caused by academics, budget constraints and the difficulty of drawing fans in the crowded Atlanta market.We had one really rough season, Johnson said. We got everybody hurt and went 3-9.Stansbury, a former Georgia Tech player, is set to take over as athletic director at the end of the month. He is sure to face plenty of questions about his relationship with the 59-year-old Johnson and whether someone else is better suited to guide the program.Ive talked to Todd one time: the day he got hired. We traded texts on Saturday, Johnson said. Once again, thats kind of media driven on how this is going to be a huge change. I mean, Im going to coach the football team and I guess hes going to be the athletic director. I would imagine if he wanted another football coach, hell go get one. Thats the way it works. Hell be the third AD Ive had here, so it is what it is.Im just going to do my job and he can do his job. Wholesale Jerseys China .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. China NFL Jerseys . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. http://www.authenticnfljerseys.net/ . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Cheap Authentic Jerseys . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . Haas said he "felt a lot of pain" in his right shoulder when he slammed his racket to the ground in frustration after losing his serve at 3-3 in the first set. SEATTLE -- Jeremy Bonderman spent the final three innings in the back of the Seattle Mariners clubhouse going through his normal treatment routine. As special as Friday night was for Bonderman, he tried to keep it like any other outing. This one happened to be his first victory in nearly three years. "Getting back out on the field and feeling like you can compete and hold your own feels really good," Bonderman said. Brendan Ryan and Jason Bay both hit two-out, two-run singles in Seattles four-run fourth inning, Bonderman pitched six sharp innings to win for the first time since 2010, and the Mariners beat the New York Yankees 4-1. All of Seattles offence came in one stretch of the fourth inning when six straight batters reached base, capped by the clutch hits from Ryan and Bay off Yankees starter Hiroki Kuroda. Seattle entered the night hitting .221 with runners in scoring position, but capitalized on the few chances they got against Kuroda. The surprise was Bondermans effort, winning for the first time since Sept. 8, 2010, while still pitching for Detroit. He struggled to get through the first two innings, but shut down the Yankees from there. It was a special moment for Bonderman, after enduring right elbow reconstruction in April 2012 and various shoulder problems that have interrupted his career at times. But Bonderman wasnt thrown in the showers and doused with drinks to celebrate. Handshakes and hugs were enough. "We dont have a ton of time around him, but you know what hes gone through to get here and you see the look in his eye and how competitive he is and everything, its awesome to see what he did today," Ryan said. "Were happy for him and Im sure he feels like its been a long time coming, but hopefully it was all worth it." The Yankees have scored in two of 18 innings to open the four-game series in Seattle. New York scored all six runs in the third inning on Thursday night then was shut out after the first on Friday. Bonderman (1-1) appeared on his way to an early exit, needing 50 pitches to labour through the first two innings. He got out of the first allowing just one run on Travis Hafners ground out and was helped in the second by Vernon Wells baserunning mistake when he was picked off second after reaching on an error. From there, Bonderman flashed back to his best days in Detroit. He retired 14 of the final 15 batters he faaced with perfect innings in the third, fourth and sixth.ddddddddddddThe only baserunner Bonderman allowed after the second was Reid Brignac, who reached on a single in the fifth. Bonderman was done after the sixth inning, giving up just three hits and striking out two. He threw 47 pitches over his final four innings. It was a satisfying rebound after Bonderman gave up three home runs and seven earned runs in his first start for Seattle in Minnesota last Sunday. Yoervis Medina pitched the seventh and first two outs of the eighth before walking Brett Gardner. Seattles Charlie Furbush entered and struck out Robinson Cano looking on a 3-2 pitch. Tom Wilhelmsen gave up just his second hit to a right-handed batter when Kevin Youkilis lined a two-out double in the ninth, but finished off his 15th save. "It was big for him, it was big for me, for all of us, because thats a significant step," Seattle manager Eric Wedge said of Wilhelmsen. "Obviously he was relaxed and drove the ball downhill." Seattles rally against Kuroda (6-5) came with two outs and the bases empty. Michael Morse doubled, but it was the consecutive walks to Nick Franklin and Kelly Shoppach that hurt Kuroda. Ryan hit a liner into right field that fell in front of Ichiro Suzuki to score Morse and Franklin. Endy Chavez followed with a roller back up the middle that hit second base and Brignac behind the bag couldnt handle the deflection. Bay then lined a single into left to score Shoppach and Ryan, and cap the Mariners big inning. "I didnt want to make a big inning out of it, but I wanted to protect that one run lead," Kuroda said through an interpreter. "So I got a little too careful and pitched around too much." NOTES: New York closer Mariano Rivera continued his farewell tour on Friday by meeting with high school and college students participating in the Mariners "Fielders Group" program that gives training for youth interested in a career in sports. Rivera spoke with the group of 11 students for about 30 minutes and was late getting out to batting practice. ... Yankees RHP Michael Pineda will begin a rehab assignment at Class-A Tampa on Saturday. Pineda was acquired from Seattle before the 2012 season, but has yet to pitch for the Yankees due to injury. ... Seattles Kyle Seager extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a single in the seventh. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz