Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

05.05.2019 07:57
matter if youre four, three, two or one Antworten

PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- Chris Ash has given Rutgers a face lift in his first seven months as the coach.The former Ohio State co-defensive coordinator has changed just about everything predecessor Kyle Flood did in a tenure that ended with a 4-8 season, a training camp engulfed in player arrests and the coach at the center of an academic scandal.One thing remains -- the quarterback question.Redshirt juniors Chris Laviano and Hayden Rettig are competing for starting quarterback again, along with TCU transfer Zach Allen.Laviano won the job last season and completed 61 percent of his passes for 2,247 yards, 16 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Rettig went 14-of-25 for 233 yards and two touchdowns in mop-up duty. The LSU transfer also started the season opener after Laviano was suspended of the first half of the season opener for breaking curfew and trying to use a fake ID during training camp.Both Ash and offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Drew Mehringer have since praised Laviano for his leadership.Hes had a lot of turmoil, well-documented, things that go on in his life, Mehringer said. One of the things that we talked about with him -- not just from this past spring semester, but throughout the summer -- consistency has to be established in your life and he did that. This summer was a tribute to an individual trying to change his life and do things the right way and a credit to him.Laviano, who declined to speak after the spring game, was more affable this week. He cracked a few smiles and gave some lengthy answers to questions.Im more mature. I feel different. I am different in here and its a very positive place, Laviano said. I think honestly its the consistency off the field and on the field and in the facility. Its just coming every day to work, every day to the meeting room with a positive attitude, not getting in trouble off the field, just being a quarterback all year around.Laviano and Allen have been listed as the co-starters coming into camp this week, with Rettig and Giovanni Rescigno behind them.Allen spent more time at wide receiver than quarterback at TCU, completing just two passes. But Ash brought in Allen to throw a bomb in the room and create competition.Theyre the two that have earned it, Ash said of the first-team reps. Chris Laviano had a great summer. He was one of our most consistent players on the team -- not just in the quarterback position -- but just his work ethic, his attitude, his commitment to himself completely changed. He was fun to watch this summer, and he earned the right to go out and takes reps with the first team as the first quarterback.(Allen) also had a great summer and we thought it was the right thing to do to give him the opportunity to practice with the first team.Allen, a graduate transfer with two years of eligibility remaining, didnt get the luxury of spring football. He finished his undergraduate degree at TCU in May and committed to Rutgers in June.Its my job coming in late to know the playbook, to get everything done that I needed to get done before camp starts, Allen said. And I feel like I put myself in a good opportunity or a good place to be able to compete for the job.Laviano is regarded as the most mobile option. Its an advantage in Mehringers power-spread offense, a major change from Rutgers pro-style offenseRettig is known for having the strongest arm and was a highly touted pro-style quarterback recruit. However, Rettig said this offense is more similar to what he ran in high school and hes comfortable with the playbook.Hes also ready to play his way back into the competitionI dont get discouraged because anything happens in football. Stuff changes all the time, Rettig said. Its the first day of practice. No matter if youre four, three, two or one, it doesnt matter. Whoever goes out there and runs the offense best, works hard and does what he needs to do on the field and shows the coach he can play, hes going to start. Discount Adidas Shoes Online .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Cheap Adidas Shoes Online China .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. http://www.adidasshoesdiscount.com/ .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. Adidas Shoes China Free Shipping . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Adidas Shoes Discount Sale . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter.What would you make Chris Froome for breakfast? Find out from the top chefs who work for Team Sky cycling in our first Jobs in Sport feature. A great look at some of the exciting things you can do in sport apart from being an athlete.We have two speedy guests in the studio. Jake Frood drops in for a chat and a demo of the quick moves that make him a second degree black belt in karate. Tom Bosworth shares a few super skills that have helped him become Britains fastest racee walker, and the heat is on when Tom is up against some Game Changers in a big race!Its Punjab United Football Club taking on the All Rounder and Kid Cam tell us all about a famous football moment.ddddddddddddPlus all your headlines in Game Changers News including British Olympic skier Ellie Koyander with a wrap up from Lillehammer of the Winter Youth Olympics brrrr...See you there!Friday 5pm Sky Sports 3, Saturday 8am Sky Sports 1 & Sky 1 or search Game Changers On Demand. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz