Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

05.05.2019 07:57
theres been little to celebrate.McCoy sai Antworten

SAN DIEGO -- While speculation swirls about what might lie ahead for the Chargers and their head coach, Mike McCoy said Monday that he was more focused on the near future.We got to worry about going on the road and playing Cleveland, he said. That is my No. 1 concern right now.Still, many questions linger after a tough 19-16 loss to the Oakland Raiders on Sunday that said a lot about where the Chargers stand right now. The score almost took a backseat to the environment, in which thousands of Raiders fans filled Qualcomm Stadium and black and silver were more prevalent than Chargers colors.The Chargers (5-9) were even forced to use a silent count on offense because of the noise generated by the Oakland contingent.It stinks, said McCoy. Its not what you want. Its unfortunate. But I think the players and coaches responded the right way.Worries about the Chargers potentially relocating to Los Angeles, and consecutive losing seasons, have demoralized the fan base.Everyone is frustrated, McCoy said. These players and coaches work extremely hard and they deserve to win these games.But that seldom happens of late. The Chargers have lost 21 of 30 games and 12 of their past 13 against AFC West foes.McCoys Chargers have sunk to the depths of the last-place Chargers squads from the 2000 and 2001 seasons. They won a combined six games over two years and were the last Chargers teams to produce consecutive losing seasons.Mike Riley, the coach of those teams, was fired after the 2001 season.The ball doesnt always bounce your way from year to year, McCoy said. There are certain teams that have gotten every break in the business this year. I was on one of those in Carolina in 2003 when we went to the Super Bowl.McCoy was also on the Panthers staff two years earlier when Carolina went 1-15. Then, and now, he knows where the blame lands.Im the head coach, he said. I take full responsibility for all those mistakes. Thats my role and I understand that. (But) no one is out there trying to make a mistake.McCoy, a first-time head coach at any level, is 27-35 in his three-plus seasons. He broke fast in 2013 when leading the Chargers to a road AFC divisional playoff win over the Bengals. Since then, theres been little to celebrate.McCoy said he hasnt been offered a contract extension. Its routine that a coach receives an extension going into the final year of his deal but McCoy said there havent been discussions about one.McCoy is clear about wanting to return.I love my job, I love what I do, he said. This is the greatest job in the world. I love working for these players and coaches and being the leader of this group. We got a special group of people that are very talented.McCoy said he feels for Chargers fans anxious about the team leaving. But that, just like his job security, will be determined by team chairman Dean Spanos.Dean has said he will make his decision after the season is over, McCoy said about the team moving to L.A. Theres nothing that has been finalized. We are focused on the next two weeks, on what we need to do, and especially this week in what we have to do in Cleveland. We have to find a way to win the next one and that is what it is all about.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Air Max 1 Pas Cher . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Air Max 1 Destockage . The winner Saturday will remain in the elite 10-team field next year. "We talked about wanting to be disciplined and stick with our game plan and good things will come," Draisaitl said, who had two goals for the victors. http://www.franceairmax1.fr/ . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Air Max 1 France . PAUL, Minn. Air Max 1 Soldes . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. Arizona wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald certainly is putting together a Hall of Fame-caliber resume.Fitzgerald had six catches last week, bringing his career total to 1,092. Hes caught a pass in 189 successive games.With a reception Sunday at Atlanta, Fitzgerald would tie Hall of Famer Marvin Harrison for the third-longest streak in NFL history. The only ones ahead of him would be tight end Tony Gonzalez, who had 211 in a row, and Hall of Fame wideout Jerry Rice, whose 274 likely is uncatchable.Fitzgerald is three catches from passing Hall of Famer Tim Brown for the fifth-most career receptions. He currently has 1,092.Rice also tops that list with an almost unthinkable 1,549. Hes followed by Gonzalez (1,325), Harrison (1,102) and yet another Hall of Famer, Cris Carter (1,101).---LENGTHY STREAK: Donald Penn has come a long way since entering the league back in 2007 as a low-priority undrafted free agent with just a $5,000 signing bonus.Penn overcame the odds to make the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and became a starter at left tackle in just his fifth game of his rookie season. Penn hasnt been sent to the bench since.Now a mainstay on Oaklands stellar line, Penn is set to make his 150th consecutive start at left tackle, the second longest streak among active linemen to Clevelands Joe Thomas at 155 and counting.Im blessed man, Penn said. I started at the bottom and worked my way up. I hope people look at it as an example.---SETTING THE TONE: The Minnesota Vikings had four sacks and two interceptions while holding the Arizona Cardinals to 290 total yards in Week 11. The biggest hit of the game, though, mightve been during pregame introductions when the team ran out of the replica Vikings ship onto the field.Defensive tackle Linval Joseph, the biggest player on the team, and defensive end Brian Robison, whos no small human himself, were leading the charge when an audio operator for Foxs broadcast crew didnt get out of the way fast enough and was knocked onto the turf. The sound man, Bernie Beaudry, had his eyeglasses broken and his nose scratched but was otherwise unscathed. He was able to complete his assignment during the game.Robison and Joseph were planning to put together a care package with an autographed picture of the collision.Bernie, man, hes got to check both ways before he crosses the road, Robison said afterward. I heard he finished the ggame out, so hats off to him.ddddddddddddThats probably the hit of the year. I dont think thats going to be topped.---GLOBAL FOOTBALL, POP WARNER STYLE: Teams from Canada, Finland, Mexico and the United Arab Emirates will travel to Orlando in December to compete at the 60th annual Pop Warner Super Bowl.The youngsters will be among the more than 16,000 American football and dance and cheer enthusiasts who will converge on the central Florida city from Dec. 3-10.Six international teams will compete in the Varsity age bracket: Finland Blue Lions, EAFL Falcons (UAE), Team Canada, Mexico Football, Queretaro (Mexico) and Puebla (Mexico), each playing three group games.The Junior Varsity bracket will feature Finland Blue Lions, Mexico Football, EAFL Falcons (UAE) and Puebla (Mexico) playing each other once apiece to produce an overall winner.Finlands Blue Lions will make history as the first European nation represented at the Pop Warner International Super Bowl.Roope Noronen, president of the American Football Association of Finland (SAJL), says: It is a new opportunity for Finnish American football to participate in this event and we expect it to provide a unique experience to our players and coaches to test their talent against international opponents. I know our players and coaches are enthusiastic for their trip and looking forward to enjoy football, friendship and the Florida sun.When the tournament began in 2010, the goal was to have teams representing every continent.We started small with North American teams, but quickly we expanded to include a Central American representative in Panama, while expanding our numbers across Mexico, says Patrick Steenberge, Global Footballs founder. Then in 2014 the United Emirates sent a team, further broadening the scope of the event.Now, I am proud ... that our first European nation, Finland, will bring two teams this December.Since 1996, Global Football has provided 15,000 amateur football players, coaches, families and fans from 350 schools the opportunity to travel and compete internationally.---AP Pro Football Writers Barry Wilner and Dave Campbell, and Sports Writer Josh Dubow contributed.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz