Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 84 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
carrie567 Offline

05.05.2019 03:13
making his test debut, collec Antworten

CHICAGO -- Chris Johnson can rest easy during the All-Star break. He earned a couple days off. Johnson had three hits, including his third homer in two days, and the Atlanta Braves beat the Chicago Cubs 10-7 on Sunday to keep pace with Washington at the top of the NL East. Johnson hit a long drive to straightaway centre field for a three-run shot in a four-run third inning against Travis Wood (7-8). Johnson also went deep twice in the Braves 11-6 victory at Wrigley Field on Saturday. "The biggest thing for me is the fact Im swinging at strikes," he said. "When I swing at strikes, I can do some good things." Atlanta (52-43) has won three of four since a four-game losing streak. It heads into the break one percentage point behind the division-leading Nationals, who won 10-3 at Philadelphia. "We had a pretty good first half, better than pretty good," manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "Now weve got to enjoy this break and come out in the second half and keep firing." The Braves played without struggling second baseman Dan Uggla, who was suspended by the team for the series finale at Chicago. Atlanta announced the punishment on its Twitter feed, with no further explanation, and Gonzalez called it an "internal matter." The last-place Cubs (40-54) have lost eight of 10. Arismendy Alcantara and Chris Coghlan each hit a two-run homer off All-Star Julio Teheran (9-6). It was the first career shot for the 22-year-old Alcantara, who also had a bloop double in the first and is batting .391 (9 for 23) in his first five major league games. "With my ability, Im having fun," Alcantara said. "It can be fast. Im having fun." Chicago scored three times in the eighth, highlighted by John Bakers two-run double, but Jordan Walden got Junior Lake to fly out to centre with a runner on second for the final out of the inning. All-Star Craig Kimbrel then worked the ninth for his 29th save in 33 opportunities. "We put ourselves in a position potentially to even edge closer, and we just fell a little short," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. Teheran pitched seven innings in his first start since a rough outing against the Mets. The right-hander lasted just 3 1-3 innings in an 8-3 loss at New York on Tuesday. Teheran retired 12 in a row after Chicago put runners on first and second with two out in the first. He allowed seven hits while improving to 2-0 in four career starts against the Cubs. "I know that my last outing I didnt have a good outing," said Teheran, who is ineligible for the All-Star game because he started on Sunday. "Just trying to come back like I did twice this year." Wood was charged with seven runs and seven hits in six innings. The left-hander is 0-3 with a 6.49 ERA in his last five starts. Wood issued leadoff walks in the second, third and fourth innings, and the first two were costly. Gerald Laird had a two-run double in Atlantas three-run second, and Jason Heyward singled home a run before Johnson connected in the third. Johnsons sixth homer was part of his 30th multihit game of the season. The third baseman was walked intentionally in the seventh to get to Tommy La Stella, who doubled home three runs to give the Braves a 10-2 lead. The 34-year-old Uggla has played sparingly since La Stella was promoted from Triple-A Gwinnett on May 28. The three-time All-Star is batting .162 with two homers and 10 RBIs in 48 games. Gonzalez said he expects Uggla to be with the team when it resumes play on Friday night against the Phillies. He also isnt worried about the effect of the suspension on his team. "I dont think so. I got a pretty good pulse of our clubhouse," he said. "If anybody wants to talk to me, my door is always open. And they know that." NOTES: Atlanta also promoted INF Phil Gosselin from Gwinnett before the game. ... Wood will start Chicagos second game after the All-Star break. RHP Edwin Jackson (5-10, 5.64 ERA) starts the series opener Friday night, and RHP Jake Arrieta (5-1, 1.95 ERA) pitches next Sunday against the Diamondbacks. ... RHP Ervin Santana (7-6, 4.01 ERA) will start Friday night against Philadelphia in Atlantas first game after the break. But Gonzalez said he wasnt sure just yet how the rest of the rotation would line up. Willie Roaf Jersey . -- Manchester United thrilled a record crowd with a brilliant opening goal -- and even Cristiano Ronaldos unexpected entrance proved futile for Real Madrid. Archie Manning Jersey . Jimmy Howard made 44 saves and Henrik Zetterberg scored two goals, leading the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Saturday night. http://www.shoptheofficialsaints.com/Eli...-Saints-Jersey/. Expensive. The NFL fined Tomlin $100,000 on Wednesday for interfering with Baltimores Jacoby Jones on a kickoff return in the third quarter of a 22-20 loss to the Ravens on Thanksgiving night. Custom New Orleans Saints Jerseys . Wayne and Cindy Tuck of Ilderton, Ont., closed out round-robin play earlier in the day with a 7-3 win over Finland but needed a win over Austria to reach the final eight. Morten Andersen Jersey . Jacob Jacques, Andrew Ryan and Jonathan Drouin also scored for Halifax (37-18-3), who outshot the Islanders 40-26. Kevin Darveau stopped 25 shots. Bradley Kennedy had the lone goal for Charlottetown (18-33-5), which has nine losses in its last 10 games.LE HAVRE, France -- France ended a four-match losing streak by defeating Tonga 38-18, with both sides reduced to 14 men soon after halftime on Saturday. France always had the match in hand with four tries to two, however Tonga humbled the home defence frequently with all the breaks it made but couldnt make any links to support. Tonga prop Alisona Taumalolo and France lock Yoann Maestri were ejected in the 41st minute for trading punches. It hardly mattered as France was in command at 21-6. "We made small mistakes but the most important thing is to regain confidence with a victory," France fullback Brice Dulin said. "Maybe we got carried away at times. We wanted so much to do well and score tries. We were sometimes a bit messy, but that will boost our morale." After an early penalty, winger Sofiane Guitoune, the Top 14s top try-scorer making his test debut, collected a high ball from Morgan Parra to score an unconverted try in the right corner in the fifth minute. Parra punished more Tonga indiscipline with penalties in the 17th and the 29th for 14-0. The visitors came close to a try in the 22nd, but flanker Sione Kalamafoni ignored two free teammates to his right and lost possession. France started feeling Tongas physical impact at the breakdown. Flanker Thierry Dusautoir failed to roll away after a tackle and Fangatapu Apikotoa landed a penalty from 45 metres in the 31st. The Tonga flyhalf capitalized on a Frenchman offsside in the 37th to cut the deficit to 14-6.dddddddddddd "We were a bit on the backfoot in the first half," Dusautoir said. "We didnt manage to be well organized. They are very strong and we missed a lot of first tackles." On the stroke of halftime, France lock Sebastien Vahaamahina was stopped five meters from the line. Tonga lost its nerve as scrumhalf Taniela Moa was sent to the sin-bin for elbowing hooker Dimitri Szarzewski. No. 8 Damien Chouly relied on Frances powerful scrum to score a converted try for 21-6. The break did not help to cool tempers. Seconds after the restart, Maestri and Taumalolo were red-carded for trading head punches. Maestri, teary-eyed, had words with Taumalolo as he walked off. Guitoune sent Dulin in for another converted try but despite the growing deficit, Tonga kept fighting and created space with a multi-phase buildup that stretched the France defence. A big miss-out pass freed winger Fetuu Vainikolo to slide over in the left corner. Vainikolo conceded the next penalty which Parra goaled, then another rolling maul drove in replacement Benjamin Kayser to secure Frances first win after four defeats to New Zealand. In the last minute, Vainikolo escaped a tackle from a cramping Guitoune to smack the left corner flag as he touched down for his ninth career try. France faces South Africa next Saturday, while Tonga, after a second straight loss in Europe, visits Wales on Friday. Cheap Bruins Jerseys Wholesale Sabres Jerseys Red Wings Jerseys From China Wholesale Canadiens Jerseys Wholesale Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Discount Hurricanes Jerseys Blue Jackets Jerseys Outlet Adidas Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Rangers Jerseys From China Discount Flyers Jerseys Discount Penguins Jerseys Discount Capitals Jerseys Wholesale Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Team USA Hockey Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Wholesale Wild Jerseys Discount Predators Jerseys Discount Blues Jerseys Discount Ducks Jerseys Adidas Coyotes Jerseys Flames Jerseys Outlet Wholesale Oilers Jerseys Discount Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Golden Knights Jerseys Outlet Authentic NHL Winter Classic Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz