Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

27.03.2019 06:34
encounter with the ladder leaders to be a whol Antworten

BOSTON -- Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona made a simple observation after his team went up 2-0 in the five-game ALDS series against the Boston Red Sox on Friday night.The atmosphere is going to be a little different come Sunday, said Francona, the former Red Sox manager.Hes right. The scene shifts -- to Fenway Park -- and so does the noise. So does a bit of history: of the 28 teams that have rallied from 0-2 to win an LDS, the Red Sox are two of those teams, doing it to the Indians in 1999 and the Oakland Athletics in 2003.Franconas Red Sox also came from down 3-1 against the Indians to win the 2007 ALCS, the second of Franconas two World Series championships in Boston. Saturday, he called Fenway kind of like a cathedral and now he hopes to end this series on Sunday.Its not over yet. They have to beat us three times, not two, said Boston second baseman Dustin Pedroia.Valid point.Backs against the wall. (Clay) Buchholz on the mound Sunday with an attitude of no tomorrow, Red Sox manager John Farrell said after David Price followed Game 1 starter Rick Porcello into the postseason abyss with a poor Game 2 outing.Game 3 features a matchup of two pitchers both banished to the bullpen this season because of poor work as a starter -- Buchholz and Clevelands Josh Tomlin. Both, however, have been better lately.Buchholz, actually exiled to the pen on three different occasions, was 3-0 with only one bad start in September. Tomlin had a 1.75 ERA and yielded a .540 OPS in his last 25/3 innings after a 7.96 ERA and .937 OPS in his previous 10 starts.Buchholz was 0-2 in two starts against the Indians this season, allowing 11 hits and eight earned runs in 10 innings. He is 2-2 with a 4.85 ERA lifetime against Cleveland.Tomlin faced the Red Sox in a makeup game in Cleveland Aug. 15, turning in a quality start with seven hits and three runs in 7 2/3 innings. He is 2/3 with a 5.49 ERA in seven career appearances (six starts) against Boston.The Red Sox dont have great numbers against Tomlin. David Ortiz is 3-for-17 and Mookie Betts and Travis Shaw are 1-for-6 apiece. Jackie Bradley Jr., 0-for-6 with five strikeouts in the series, is 3-for-7 against Tomlin while Xander Bogaerts and Brock Holt are 2-for-6.Clevelands Jason Kipnis and Carlos Santana are both 4-for-8 with a home run, Coco Crisp is 5-for-18 with a homer and five RBI, but former teammate Mike Napoli is 3-for-15 against Buchholz.It looks like its just one more game for us, Kipnis said after Game 2. Guys look calm. They looked relaxed. Some of these guys who are younger and less experienced than I am are handling it way better than I handled my Wild Card Game (in 2013). Its impressive.Said Pedroia: I think we lost who we are -- were the Boston Red Sox.Added Price: I know Im going to get to pitch again in 2016 and Ill be ready. I want it for sure. And I know these guys will give it to me.Kipnis and Jose Ramirez are both 4-for-7, Brandon Guyer 3-for-4 and Roberto Perez 2-for-5 in the first two games for Cleveland. On the other side, Pedroia, David Ortiz and Xander Bogaerts are all 1-for-8, Sandy Leon is 1-for-6. China NFL Jerseys ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. Jerseys NFL China . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. http://www.chinastorenflfactory.com/ .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. Cheap MLB Jerseys . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. Melbourne City might have lifted the FFA Cup last week with a win over Sydney FC but they expect Saturday nights A-League encounter with the ladder leaders to be a whole lot harder.Defender Michael Jakobsen says his second-placed side will walk onto the ANZ Stadium pitch with an angry opponent confronting them.Its going to be tougher now, he said on Tuesday.They want to have revenge after their defeat and they play at home. Theyre going to come out 100 miles an hour.In a season of transformative change and tumult at Melbourne City, Jakobsen has slotted in to be one of the constants.He has missed just one match since arriving in Australia and announcing his arrival with a stunning bicycle kick in Citys 4-1 FFA Cup quarter-final success.As Citys lead defender, Jakobsen has had his own challenges given coach John van t Schips see-sawing tendencies between a back three and a back four.Jakobsen said the tactical switch-up was another string to Citys bow, and they wouldnt be disclosing their plans ahead of kick-off against the Sky Blues on Saturday.In the Cup we were playing a back three and (three days later in the A-League) against Brisbane it was a back four, he said.In Scandinavia (a back three) is not that common. Im not used to that. I was in Spain, we did it a bit.ddddddddddddut when I came here I was open to new adventures and to learn new stuff so its perfect to try to play that way.Against Brisbane on Saturday night, Jakobsen found himself at the middle of the diving controversy surrounding Bruno Fornaroli and Jade North.The Roar defender has since apologised for diving in an incident van t Schip believed was designed to get his captain sent off.Jakobsen was the player who urged Luke Brattan, in possession, to play on after seeing the referee wasnt going to call a foul.It paid off, with Nicolas Colazo netting the equaliser for City.The referee was standing above him and if hes not whistling then we have to keep on playing, he said.I saw the situation, (North) was right in Brunos face after he went down and I dont like that kind of mentality.Jakobsen - who has played in Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway and Spain throughout his career - dismissed the notion that Australian football had a diving problem.Ive seen worse. When I played in Spain it was hilarious sometimes, he said.You get a small knock and someone falls over like someone tried to take out their legs. Its not a big issue here. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz