Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

05.11.2019 09:06
teams will play for $100,000 in prize money Antworten

HOUSTON -- Jadeveon Clowney is ready to shine in prime time.The No. 1 pick in the 2014 draft failed to make an impact in his first two injury-plagued seasons . But now hes healthy, playing well and ready for a national audience Thursday when the Houston Texans visit a New England Patriots team that will likely start rookie quarterback Jacoby Brissett.It will be just the second time Clowney has played in a nationally televised game after he sat out three of Houstons four night games in his first two years because of various injuries.When asked if hes ready to show what he can do, a big smile crept across his face and he let out a small laugh before gathering himself to provide an answer.Im very excited, he said. Im looking forward to it. Its going to be big for the team.A win would give the Texans a 3-0 start for the first time since they opened the 2012 season 5-0. Houston has been helped by an improved offense led by new quarterback Brock Osweiler and rookie receiver Will Fuller, but through the first two games the defense has been the strength of this team .Clowney has been a key to the units early success with seven tackles, including three for losses, a sack, five quarterback hits and a batted down pass. Hes doing a little bit of everything these days and the word coaches and teammates use most often to describe him is disruptive.In his first two seasons, Clowney lined up as an outside linebacker in defensive coordinator Romeo Crennels 3-4 scheme. Since Clowney was healthy throughout training camp, it has given the Texans more freedom to use the 6-foot-5, 266-pound player in different ways, and hes mostly played defensive end in the first two games.Regardless of where they put him, the Texans have been impressed with Clowneys hustle this year.I think hes playing really hard, coach Bill OBrien said. There are a few clips on there where he is rushing the passer, the pass gets off and hes chasing the ball carrier down. I think the guy is playing with tremendous effort and Ill say that about all the guys on defense.Clowney, who earned a reputation as a fierce pass rusher in a standout career at South Carolina, did not have a sack as a rookie but finished with 4+ last year. His first two seasons were full of disappointment for both him and the team as he played just four games in 2014 before having microfracture surgery, and missed three games and Houstons wild-card playoff loss to Kansas City last season due to a variety of other ailments.As he started to pile up more injuries than sacks, criticism that he wasnt living up to his draft status continued to grow. Clowney heard it all, but said he chose to ignore it. He knows that the injuries couldnt be helped and believes theres only one way to quiet his detractors.Im not saying nothing, he said. Im just going to keep letting my game speak and just keep getting better and better week by week.Clowneys improvement has added another dimension to a pass rush led by last years NFL Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt and one that also features Whitney Mercilus, who had two sacks in Houstons opener. Watt is excited about the possibilities for this defense full of playmakers.You never know where the play is going to come from, it could be a linebacker, it could be a (defensive back), it could be a guy up front getting a sack, he said. Its a lot of fun when you play like that. I think it makes it difficult for other teams and thats the goal.As Clowney continues to progress, Watt is slowly returning to form after missing all of training camp and the preseason after July surgery to repair a herniated disk in his back. He started to feel good on the field again last week after struggling in Houstons opener. And it showed as he finished with 1 + sacks and recovered a fumble.But he has a message those who think hes back to full strength.I say partially, he said. Im still working on some things and I think it may be some things that only I see. But there are definitely some things that I want to continue to improve upon. But I have to admit it did feel good on Sunday to ... have some glimpses of my old self back. So I just want to continue that.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Nike Air Max Tailwind 7 Canada . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. Air Max 95 Sale Canada . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. http://www.clearanceairmaxcanada.com/ . Oaklands loss to Seattle clinched the ALs best record for the Red Sox with one day to spare in the regular season. "I think everybody was kind of watching," catcher David Ross said. "Demp (Ryan Dempster) came out before he went to the bullpen and was just yelling that they lost. Canada Nike Air Max Tailwind . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. Nike Air Max 2020 Canada . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season. Real Salt Lake has finally found its winning form again.RSL snapped a streak of four consecutive home draws with a 3-1 victory over Chicago last weekend. It marked the second win in three matches for Salt Lake and gave goalkeeper Nick Rimando his 181st career MLS victory -- the most in league history.Salt Lake (10-7-7) is looking for another breakthrough when it hits the road against the Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday. RSL has dropped four consecutive road matches in the series. It may take an improved defensive effort to break the streak.Salt Lake has allowed the second-most total goals (34) among Western Conference teams this season and the second-most goals away from home (25).Aaron Maunds absence with a foot injury and Jamison Olaves age (35) have combined to make the backline porous. RSL signed veteran defender Chris Schuler this week to shore up its backfield deptth.dddddddddddd Schuler played with the club for six seasons after Salt Lake drafted him in 2010.Seattle (7-12-3) is poised to take advantage. The Sounders throttled Orlando City SC 3-1 in their most recent match behind a hat trick from Clint Dempsey. It marked the second hat trick of Dempseys MLS career and helped the Sounders notch their third win in 13 matches.Nicolas Lodeiro has given Seattles offense a boost. He assisted on two of Dempseys three goals against Orlando -- the first ones of his MLS career since joining the Sounders.RSL could get its own offensive boost Sunday. Yura Movsisyan is available to play after sitting out three straight games with a hip flexor injury. Movsisyan leads the team with seven goals and 23 shots on goal. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz