Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

04.11.2019 11:40
were nip and tuck with a surging Giant Antworten

SAN FRANCISCO -- Kelsey Plum is putting it all behind her: the accolades and everything she accomplished in a record-setting junior season that included Washingtons Final Four run.Im just going to be blunt: Im over it. Moved on, Plum, the Huskies all-time leading scorer, said Thursday at Pac-12 media day. Im working on what I can get better at as a player, as a leader, as a person.Plum led the conference in scoring last season and ranked fourth in the nation averaging 25.9 points, and she soon will become the Pac-12s career scoring leader, too.Doing home visits while out recruiting, Huskies coach Mike Neighbors had been wearing his Final Four ring. Plum asked him to stop, to take it off -- and he wont wear it again, either.Its time to move on, he said. There hasnt been one second spent on focusing back.They all know this conference is too good to count on anything going the way it did the previous year.This conference is unbelievable, Oregon State coach Scott Rueck said.Washington is picked to finish third in a preseason poll by the Pac-12 coaches in a dominant conference that sent four teams to the Sweet Sixteen for the first time. UCLA was chosen to win the league for the first time since 2000, with Stanford second.The Bruins, who had the nations top recruiting class two years ago, received eight first-place votes and 116 points. Coach Cori Close said I believe in this group, and she has the team and talent to play for a national championship if all goes right.Its a great honor but were not really focused on that, UCLA guard Jordin Canada said. This year, our theme is grit, having that gritty sense about us, just being confident.Stanford had the other two first-place votes. Hall of Fame coach Tara VanDerveer will be eager to welcome back senior Karlie Samuelson, who fractured her left, non-shooting wrist three weeks ago and will be in a cast for another week.We could be really good, VanDerveer said. I feel were way ahead of last year at this time in terms of understanding our team.Arizona State and Oregon State, who shared the regular-season title last season, are predicted to go fourth and fifth, respectively.I expect every single game this year in the Pac-12 Conference to be competitive. Thats just how much depth we have, USC coach Cynthia Cooper-Dyke said.Cal is selected sixth, followed by Oregon, Utah, USC, Washington State, Colorado and Arizona.The balance across the board made for difficult choices on the poll.Weve always been good, but nobody knew it. Now were even better and people know it, 20th-year Arizona State coach Charli Turner Thorne said. So its really been helpful in terms of recruiting.Commissioner Larry Scott said the Pac-12 is in discussions about continuing a commitment with its partners in China to have a mens team open the season there, as Stanford will do against Harvard on Nov. 11 in Shanghai. Washington opened against Texas in China last year.We have had womens basketball teams go over before, but not for regular-season opening games, Scott said. Were actually in discussions right now with our partners over there about possible continuation, extension of our relationship, and an expansion of it. USA Soccer Jerseys 2020 . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. Cheap USA Soccer Jerseys .Y. -- Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo. https://www.cheapusasoccer.com/ . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. USA Soccer Pro Shop .R. Smith realized how easily basketball can be taken from him, and he wasnt going to take his place in the NBA for granted anymore. USA Soccer Jerseys 2019 . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Fans tend to view the Lions push to the playoff as a two-game season.Coach Jim Caldwell and his players refuse to look that far ahead. After losing 17-6 to the Giants on Sunday, Detroits focus is solely on the Cowboys and their meeting in Dallas on Dec. 26.I view it like Ive viewed it all season long, like Ive viewed it since Ive been here, Caldwell said. One game. Thats all were looking at. Get through this one, take a look at the film. Get ourselves corrected and look forward to the Cowboys coming up.The Lions (9-5) still control their playoff future. They can lock up the NFC North title by winning out. They are a game ahead of the Packers, who beat the Bears 30-27 on Sunday.Detroit closes out the season at home against Green Bay.But nobody in the Lions dressing room was looking beyond the Cowboys.Its going to be one, quarterback Matthew Stafford when asked about the two-game sprint to the finish. We just keep taking one at a time.The loss to Giants was a tough one. Both teams fought hard in a defensive struggle that snapped the Lions five-game winning streak.A positive for the Lions was another stout defensive effort. It was the eighth straight game in which they held an opponent to 20 or fewer points.Aside from Odell Beckham Jrs one-handed touchdown catch in the fourth quarter, the Lions were nip and tuck with a surging Giants team that has won eight of its last nine games.The Lions, who rallied in the fourth quarter to win in eight of their nine victories, never came close to a comeback in this one as the Giants made them play on a long field all day.Stafford didnt show any major issues playing with an injured middle finger on his throwing hand. He finished 24 of 39 for 274 yards and an innterception, finding Golden Tate eight times for 122 yards.ddddddddddddHe hung in there and fought, Caldwell said of Stafford. Obviously its going to be a little bit different for him, in terms of his adjustment. Well battle through it. Thats not the reason we lost the game today. Were not looking for any excuses.The biggest play for the Lions was a 67-yard throw from Stafford to Tate that gave the, first-and-10 at the Giants 11, trailing 7-3 in the second quarter. On first down, Zach Zenner fumbled at the end of a 7-yard run and Olivier Vernon recovered in the end zone.I thought I had it good on the exchange, but Ill have to look at the tape and see what happened, Zenner said. I thought I had a good grip on it and then the worst feeling in the world happened when the ball was loose.Matt Prater accounted for the Lions points with field goals of 48 yards in the second quarter and 33 in the third. The second cut the deficit to 10-6; New York had gotten a 47-yard field goal from Robbie Gould late in the second quarter.However, the Lions never got closer as New York limited Detroit to 5 of 14 on third downs and 324 yards in total.Now its on to Dallas for the Lions final playoff push.We dont like this feeling, Tate said. Were going to try and change that Monday (against Dallas). We need a great week of practice. Me personally, Im excited to get back out there and get this taste out of our mouths and keep it moving. We are right where we want to be. We just need to worry about us and play fundamental, sound football.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz