Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 32 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

08.10.2019 09:09
winner of last years Evian Championships, ha Antworten

Despite having more than one-quarter of the season left to be played, Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos is already answering questions about what he intends to do to strengthen the club heading into next year. Speaking on TSN Drive Wednesday night, the fourth-year GM said the team is intent on acquiring a new second baseman and at least one additional starter. Expected to be among the American Leagues contenders following a wave of off-season trades and signings, the Jays sit 12.5 games back in the wild card race and 16 back of the A.L. East-leading Boston Red Sox heading into action Thursday night. “Primarily it comes down to the rotation,” Anthopoulos said of the teams failure to live up to expectations. “Were last in baseball in starters ERA and thats not what we expected. It was something that we felt was going to be a strength.” With the additions of R.A. Dickey, Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle coupled with incumbents Brandon Morrow, Ricky Romero and J.A. Happ, Torontos rotation was thought to be a strength, but a combination of injuries and inconsistency have – at times – plagued every member of the starting staff. “Whether it was Josh Johnsons performance or being out or Brandon Morrow being out for the bulk of the year or even relying on J.A. Happ or Romero to be our fifth starter and Happ has missed a lot of time -- so three-fifths of the rotation being out,” Anthopoulos said. “You add it all up and youre not going to have the rotation you expected to.” Although the team is expected to have starters Drew Hutchison and Kyle Drabek back once rosters expand in September following serious arm issues, Anthopoulos isnt willing to rely on the starters to be the teams saviours in 2014. “Dont know yet what to expect from those guys,” Anthopoulos said. “Long-term we believe in them, but I dont know that were prepared to say that theyre going to be mainstays in the rotation.” Regarding, the teams former ace, Romero who has had an up-and-down season with Torontos ?AAA affiliate in Buffalo, ?Anthopoulos sounded less enthusiastic, saying the team “cant make plans to have him in the rotation” at this point. Instead, Anthoupolos said he will be looking to add arms from outside the organization to go along with a defense–first second baseman. “I think absolutely, at a minimum, well have to add one starter,” he said. “At second base I think were going to have to go out and get someone who is a defender.” Besides the rotation struggles, the teams defense – which is third last in the A.L. with 83 errors – has also been a sore spot. Still, the GM said he has been impressed with the play of outfielders Colby Rasmus and Jose Bautista and believes a full season out of Jose Reyes and Brett Lawrie will provide a boost to the left side of the infield. In addition to finding a new double play partner for Reyes, Anthopoulos was non-committal to incumbent first baseman/DH Adam Lind, who has a club option for next season, saying the team has “some decisions to make” on the 30-year-old. In regard to Tuesdays trade of Emilio Bonifacio, Anthopoulos said the 28-year-old, who was once thought of as a key component of the blockbuster trade with the Marlins, never got off on the right foot in Toronto. “He really didnt get off to the start we hoped he would, never got going defensively or with the bat, lost quite a bit of playing time.” Adidas Ultra Boost Norge . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Sko Nmd Norge . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. http://www.nmdnorgesalg.com/ . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. Tubular Shadow Sko . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. Adidas Neo Lite Racer Norge . Pettersen, winner of last years Evian Championships, had nine birdies and three bogeys, holding off a series of challengers led by Marion Ricordeau of France. The second-ranked Norwegian made her season debut after missing the LPGA Tours opening event last month in the Bahamas because of a shoulder injury. Even though there is technically no team component to the Olympic golf competition, dont tell that to Emiliano Grillo, who along with Fabian Gomez, make up the Argentine golf delegation.I play for myself every single week, said the 23-year-old Grillo, who is tied for 14th in the mens Olympic Golf Tournament. Here, Im playing for my province Chaco, for Argentina, for 40 million people.... There is team spirit with Gomez. We feel we are in this one together, for our province and country.Gomez, who has won each of the past two seasons on the PGA Tour, owns a share of sixth place at the halfway mark of the mens Olympic Golf Tournament.Argentina is one of just three countries -- Belgium and Sweden are the other two -- with two golfers inside the top 14 through 36 holes. Both Grillo, who is ranked 39th in the world, and Gomez, who is 79th, opened with 1-under-par rounds of 70 at the Olympic Golf Course on Thursday, but it was Gomez who went lower in Round 2 with a 67 compared to Grillos 69. Gomez attributed that to his compatriot having to play most of his second round in moree difficult weather conditions.ddddddddddddA medal? Yes, that is what I came here for, said Gomez, who currently sits 3 shots outside a spot on the medal podium. Any color ... I know everyone aims at gold, but I want to get any of the three.Grillo won the Frys.com Open in his first start as a PGA Tour member earlier this season. He knows those ahead of him on the leaderboard wont do him any favors, but he also understands its no certainty that the leaders will continue their form for the final two rounds.The leaders have been playing well, agreed, he said. But they (have to) keep doing it like that for two more days.So far in these Summer Olympics, Argentina has just one medal -- a gold -- from Paula Pareto in the womens 48kg judo competition. Could Grillo and Gomez be battling it out for another spot on the podium Sunday for themselves and their country?If the cards -- and putts -- fall their way, they just might each walk away with a medal. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz