Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

27.09.2019 11:14
four-time winner in the tournament, K Antworten

LOS ANGELES -- After winning a championship in Turkey last spring, Jantel Lavender couldnt wait for the WNBA season to get started.The 6-foot-4 Los Angeles Sparks center has had a ton of success overseas -- in Poland and Italy as well as Turkey -- and played in the WNBA All-Star Game in 2015. Her confidence was absolutely soaring.And then ... she found herself coming off the bench for the Sparks. It made sense, with Los Angeles starting three guards along with post players Nneka Ogwumike and Candace Parker. It just didnt feel that great for Lavender, initially.She had been a reserve her first three seasons in the WNBA, then started most of 2014 and all of last season. It was hard to not feel like she was going backward.But Lavender quickly made a crucial decision for herself and the Sparks. Not only would she accept being a reserve with positive attitude; she would be the best darn bench player in the WNBA this season. And thats exactly what happened.I just changed my perception, Lavender said. I think our team can be great when you have good players coming off the bench who can try to be game-changers.I think a lot of times, ego gets in peoples way. I want the best for my team, and whatever position I need to be in for that to happen, Ill do that.Lavender won the WNBAs Sixth Woman of the Year award, and was presented her trophy Wednesday before the Sparks beat Chicago 95-75 in the opener of their semifinal series. That game was the perfect example of why this setup has worked so well for Los Angeles: Ogwumike, the leagues MVP, Parker and Lavender combined for 69 points and 23 rebounds, while shooting 75 percent (28 of 37).The Sky will try to do something to slow down those three on Friday in Game 2 of their series at Staples Center (ESPNews, 10 p.m. ET).Shes very essential to our success, Parker said of Lavender. I call her the microwave, because she comes in and immediately heats up. Im proud of the reward she got for what she sacrificed.Lavender averaged 14.5 points and 8.3 rebounds while playing 33.8 minutes per game last season. This year, shes averaging 9.6 points and 3.6 rebounds in 19.4 minutes.It just takes somebody extremely unselfish and team-oriented, Sparks coach Brian Agler said. I dont know if theres anybody better about that, who Ive been around, than Jantel is.Its not been easy, Im sure. Because there have been times after games when I look at her stats and say, How come we didnt play her more? But we have Nneka and Candace, and its hard to take minutes away from them, too. But when Jantel comes into the game, we dont drop off at all.Agler has followed Lavenders career from well before he was coaching her; theyre both from Ohio, and Agler knew what a standout Lavender was in her high school days at Cleveland Central Catholic.Lavender went to Ohio State, where she became the schools all-time leading scorer (2,818 points) and the Big Tens career leader in rebounding (1,422). She was inducted into the Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame earlier this month, making it to the ceremony in Columbus in between games at home against Atlanta and on the road at Seattle.Proud Buckeye that she is, Lavender also acknowledges that things werent always pleasant at Ohio State for her, especially early in her career. In her first season, 2007-08, she replaced the Buckeyes previous star post player, Jessica Davenport. But she didnt feel welcomed by some of the older Buckeyes who werent keen on a freshman being the teams best player.Lavender ended up being the Big Ten player of the year all four seasons at Ohio State. Now a WNBA veteran, she has found the atmosphere around the Sparks to be supportive.This team is so mature and happy for everyones success, she said. We want the ball to go to where the hot hand is. We like and respect each other.Lavender was the WNBAs No. 5 pick in 2011, and the Dallas Wings organization likely wishes it could go back in time and have a do-over with that draft. Then the Tulsa Shock, they took Australian center Liz Cambage as the No. 2 pick behind Maya Moore. Cambage has played just 53 games in the WNBA, none since 2013, and its uncertain if shell ever return.Chicago took Courtney Vandersloot No. 3, and that has worked out; she played a key role in getting the Sky to this semifinal series. Minnesota, which already had hit the jackpot with Moore, missed with the No. 4 pick, center Amber Harris. But that mistake hasnt hurt the Lynx, whove since won three WNBA titles. However, missing on Lavender certainly hurt Tulsa/Dallas.Its her range at her size, and her ability to spot up, that can really make her hard to stop, Chicago coach Pokey Chatman said of Lavender. I remember when she was in Italy, and I was coaching in Russia, and she torched us. And its never changed. Its nice now that shes getting recognized, because shes been pretty spectacular for a few years now.Overall, 2016 has been a good year for Lavender in many ways: She won a title in Turkey (where shell be returning this winter), she won the Sixth Woman award and she celebrated her hometown Cavaliers finally ending Clevelands 52-year title drought.Oh, my gosh, I am so happy for our city, she said. People dont realize how much that means to us, and thats why I was so emotional about it. Im always rooting for anything Cleveland.Although in the WNBA, shes all purple and gold. In her six years in Los Angeles, Lavender has appeared in all of the Sparks games but one, and that was back in her rookie season. Her durability and flexibility have been huge for this organization.I just love this group so much, Lavender said. I feel like we can win a championship here. Nmd Fake Vs Original . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. Adidas Nmd r1 China . -- If this was Aaron Gordons final home game at Arizona, and it almost certainly was, then he went out in style. http://www.nmdsneakerssale.com/nmd-shoes-black-deals.html . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. Yeezy 350 Cheap Real . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. Adidas Nmd White Wholesale . -- Yogi Ferrell orchestrates pretty much everything in Indianas offence. NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Two-time defending champion Petra Kvitova needed just an hour Thursday to beat Ekaterina Makarova 6-3, 6-1 and move into the semifinals of the Connecticut Open, despite suffering from a cold.Looking to join Venus Williams and Caroline Wozniacki as a four-time winner in the tournament, Kvitova overpowered the Olympic doubles champion, breaking her four times -- three during the 25-minute final set.I think that sometimes I cant really pay too much attention how I feel, Kvitova said. Its just going out there, just being strong mentally, think about the next point, think about the tennis.The Olympic bronze medalist and two-time Wimbledon champion has been criticized during her career for inconsistent play. But the Czech star will be looking for her fifth consecutive appearance in the finals here and her third straight title. She also won in 2012.They should look at New Haven, she said about her critics. Its always nice to coming somewhere when you feel, you know, at a home and you know you can play well. It always gives you little bit more confidence than normally.She will face top-seed Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland in the semifinals. Radwanska beat lucky loser Kirstin Flipkens of Belgium 6-1, 6-4.The worlds fourth-ranked player had an easy time in the first set, but needed a break in the ninth game of the second set to secure the win over the 30-yyear-old Flipkens, who struggled with an injury to her left hand.ddddddddddddFlipkens, who upset Venus Williams at the Olympics, had lost in the second round of qualifying in New Haven. But she was moved into the main draw after Lesia Tsurenko withdrew with a right knee injury, then beat Belinda Bencic and Caroline Garcia.Ukraines Elina Svitolina advanced with a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Elena Vesnina, Makarovas doubles partner in Rio. Svitolina outran her Russian opponent and took advantage of 33 unforced errors.I was trying to push her to make those errors, she said. I think in the end she was just going for too much.The 21-year-old Svitolina will play Johanna Larsson, the 28-year-old Swede who upset second-seeded Roberta Vinci of Italy 7-6 (9), 6-1. Larsson lost in qualifying, but got into the main draw when Svetlana Kuznetsova withdrew because of a shoulder injury.Larsson is the third lucky loser to advance to the semifinals in New Haven, joining Samantha Stosur (2006) and Tsurenko (2015).Vinci said she was bothered by an injury to a tendon in her left foot that has been giving her problems since the Olympics.I was thinking always to my pain, and I lost, Vinci said. But now I have two or three days off before New York to try to recover. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz