Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 34 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

27.09.2019 11:14
injury, and Tom Byrum had a 65 to take the Domini Antworten

It’s 20 years since Sheffield Wednesday topped the Premier League and 16 years since they were even in the top flight. But one player from that period is still lacing up his boots and PFA chairman Ritchie Humphreys is wondering where the time’s gone for the Owls… People always remember that first day of the 1996/97 season because David Beckham scored from the halfway line, Ritchie Humphreys tells Sky Sports. Thats a really iconic moment in Premier League history. But thats not why Humphreys remembers it.I also scored that day for Wednesday, he says. Its funny the way its coming around. When it gets to August, itll be 20 years since I first came on the scene. After winning those first four games, we were top of the Premier League. We did well that year. Humphreys in action against West Hams Scott Minto in January 1999 In the end, they finished seventh. Not that it was considered particularly out of the ordinary at the time. The Owls had won the League Cup in 1991, finished third in the top division in 1992 and then went to Wembley four times in a month the following year.Both cup finals were narrowly lost to Arsenal, the FA Cup after a replay, but the memory of a semi-final win over Sheffield United after extra-time has lingered long - particularly for a boyhood Blade in Humphreys.It was kind of weird for me because I had been released by Sheffield United, the team Id supported as a boy, he says. But to go to an FA Cup final at 15 was amazing. We got the opportunity to go down as part of the centre of excellence.Three years later, he was Wednesdays bright young thing, scoring in wins over Aston Villa and Leeds before netting a memorable Monday Night Football goal against Leicester - chipping Kasey Keller from long range.Absolutely brilliant, said former Owls boss Trevor Francis on co-commentary for Sky Sports. Absolute arrogance, replied Alan Parry in delight. Seen by some as the natural successor to Chris Waddle, Humphreys had arrived. It all started back then, he says. It will never leave me. I got an England Under-21 cap straight away off the back of those performances.He might not have hit the same heights since but its been a successful career spanning more than 700 appearances for seven clubs. At 38, hes looking to sign a new contract at Chesterfield and extend his stint as the PFAs chairman.I played in Chesterfields last reserve game, he recalls. We won 3-2 and I scored the first goal. Somebody pointed out that the first goalscorer - me - was older than the other two goalscorers put together. That did make me feel old. PFA chairman Humphreys is still playing for Chesterfield at the age of 38 Many of the Humphreys team-mates at Sheffield Wednesday are now in their fifties. They were seasoned internationals well before some of his current colleagues were born. They are the best players Ive played with, he admits.Chris Waddle, John Sheridan, Des Walker, Chris Woods, Dan Petrescu, Paolo Di Canio… What an upbringing for me? When we were YTS lads, pretty much the whole team were internationals. So you couldnt help but learn.There were also guys like Regi Blinker, Marc Degryse, Benito Carbone, Steve Nicol at the back end of his career. It doesnt seem that long ago but when you think of everything thats happened since… The richest game in football Sheffield Wednesday and Hull can expect an instant cash boost if they clinch promotion on Saturday. For Wednesday supporters if not Humphreys, much of whats followed has been a disappointment. Relegated from the Premier League in 2000 - top players had to leave because of the wages and stuff - the club dropped into the third tier by 2003.Id left by the time they went to League One but weve seen it happened to a few clubs in Yorkshire with Leeds and Bradford too, he adds. There was a play-off promotion in 2005 - against Humphreys Hartlepool - but the low point was yet to come.After dropping into League One again in 2010, the following season saw the lowest average attendance of the past 30 years - a still respectable 17,817 - as the team finished outside of the top 60 in the country. Now theyre one game away from returning to the games elite. Its been a long time. I hope they do it for the city. Ritchie Humphreys The prize is huge, worth an estimated £170m to the club. But its significance to Sheffield is more than mere money. Ive got friends in the city who are all Sheffield Wednesday and theyll all be there on Saturday, says Humphreys. Its a tremendous day.For a club of that size to be out of the top flight for as long as they have is a big deal. Its been a long time. I hope they do it for the city. Its got the fan base and its got the history. Hopefully theyll find their way back. Also See: The richest game in football How to win a play-off final Fake NHL Jerseys .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. http://www.cheapnhlcustomjerseys.com/ . Pettersen, winner of last years Evian Championships, had nine birdies and three bogeys, holding off a series of challengers led by Marion Ricordeau of France. The second-ranked Norwegian made her season debut after missing the LPGA Tours opening event last month in the Bahamas because of a shoulder injury. NHL Jerseys From China . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Authentic NHL Jerseys Cheap . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. RICHMOND, Va. -- Bernhard Langer shot a 5-under 67 on Friday in his return from a left knee injury, and Tom Byrum had a 65 to take the Dominion Charity Classic lead.Langer missed the PGA Tour Champions playoff opener last week in California after re-aggravating the injury at home doing routine spinning.The 59-year-old German star leads the 50-and-over tour with four victories and has wrapped up the season money title with $2,697,459. He tops the Charles Schwab Cup Playoffs standings, 1,038,941 points ahead of second-place Colin Montgomerie.Byrum birdied three of the final four holes on The Country Club of Virginias James River Course. He had a one-stroke lead over Miguel Angel Jimenez.My putter was really good, Byrum said. I didnt hit a putt that I didnt feel good about other than the first hole. The first hole, I three putted. I made a bad stroke at the second putt. After that everything kind of settled down and everything got going and it was good. Drove it in the fairway, which you need to do. Hit my irons on the greens because you can hit the greens from the fairways, the rough is tough.Played well, played solid all day long and no mistakes, Jimenez said. One stroke behind the leader, two rounds tto go.dddddddddddd Nice.Langer birdied the final two holes.Jay Haas, Rocco Mediate and Scott McCarron matched Langer at 67. The 62-year-old Haas won a month ago in Newport Beach, California, to become the second-oldest winner in tour history.I wasnt so sharp from tee to green, Haas said. Managed to keep it in the fairway most of the time, but when I did miss greens, I pitched nicely and got some saves. Only had one slip up on 16, but overall, very pleased.Tom Pernice Jr., the winner last week at Sherwood, topped the group at 68. Montgomerie shot 71.The playoff field was cut from 72 to 54 for the event, and Tom Lehman dropped out because of an elbow injury. The top 36 after the week will qualify for the season-ending Charles Schwab Cup Championship next week in Scottsdale, Arizona.Each dollar earned in the first two events is worth two points -- first place is worth $305,000 and 610,000 points this week -- and is added to the regular-season total. At the Charles Schwab Championship, points will be reset so that the top five only have to win to capture the Charles Schwab Cup. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz