Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

15.09.2019 03:40
borne virus linked to severe birth defects and pos Antworten

SILVERSTONE, England -- Mark Webber stunned Formula One when he said on Thursday hes leaving the series after this season to race Porsche sports cars. Webber said at the British Grand Prix hes signed a multi-year contract and will compete in Porsches new LMP1 sports prototype at the Le Mans 24 Hours and in the world endurance championship next year. He has struggled this season, failing to win a grand prix and is fifth in the drivers championship, 63 points behind Red Bull teammate Sebastian Vettel. The German is on course for a fourth consecutive title. Webber first raised doubts about his future with Red Bull after Vettel ignored team orders and overtook him for victory at the Malaysian GP in March. But he insisted on his website that the controversy had nothing to do with his decision, adding that "Ive had a personal plan. Ive stuck with it. This is the next chapter." Red Bull confirmed Webber was leaving and said it would make a decision on a replacement later in the season. "I am sure Mark thought long and hard before making what has no doubt been a very difficult decision," Red Bull principal Christian Horner said. "His achievements in Formula One are extensive and I am sure he will continue to push hard and build on that record until the end of the season. "We support Marks decision, he has been an excellent addition to the team since joining us in 2007 and we wish him all the best in the next stages of his career." Among the favourites to replace Webber would be Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen, who is a good friend of Vettels. The Finn said he would enjoy racing alongside Vettel but said he "still had no answer about" whether he would remain at Lotus or replace Webber in 2014. Webber said a return to F1 was "highly unlikely" though he acknowledged he did have some opportunities to remain in the series before he settled on Porsche. He said he had no regrets in a career that had its "ups and downs" and would especially miss the camaraderie of fellow drivers and the feeling that comes with driving an F1 car. "I realize F1 is seen as the absolute pinnacle of motorsport and Ive worked with some incredible people, in particular (Red Bulls) Adrian Newey," Webber said on his website. "Ive driven in some of the toughest and most challenging conditions and circuits, and against some incredible drivers which Ill continue to do until the end of the year. Will I miss some of this? Yes, of course, but time doesnt stand still for anyone and its time to move on to my next challenge." Since joining F1 in 2002, Webber has won nine races and had 36 podium places during a career that also includes stints with Williams and Minardi. Webbers best season came in 2010 when he just lost a four-way battle for the title that was eventually won by Vettel. The Australian started strong last season with victories at Monaco and Silverstone but then tailed off and only had two podiums the rest of the way. At 36 and his age increasingly becoming an issue, there was talk that Webber needed a strong start in 2013 to retain his seat and give him any hope of winning a first title. McLarens Jenson Button and Ferraris Fernando Alonso, a close friend and rival, welcomed Webbers move to Porsche and praised his long career in F1. "Its a good time for him, a good opportunity," Alonso said. "Hes moving to a very prestigious car brand and probably the most famous race in the world together with Formula One. I think he will have a lot of fun behind the wheel as he is doing now with a little less problems (outside the track) that we have in Formula One." Porsche hailed Webber as "one of the best and most successful Formula One pilots of our time." "I learned to appreciate Marks qualities when we were both involved in Formula One," said Fritz Enzinger, head of LMP1. "He is one of the best pilots I could imagine for our team. Im absolutely delighted that we have such an experienced and fast regular driver onboard from 2014." He has raced twice before at Le Mans, including in 1999 when he had a horrific crash in which he went airborne, flipped and ended in a grove of trees. "Im very much looking forward to this new challenge after my time in Formula One," Webber said in a statement. "Porsche will undoubtedly set itself very high goals. I can hardly wait to pilot one of the fastest sports cars in the world." Vapormax Nere . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. Vapormax Plus En Solde . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. http://www.vapormaxsolde.fr/basket-vapormax-homme-grossiste.html . NBA officials ruled the court unplayable in the Bucks final exhibition game on Oct. 25 because players were slipping, and the game was cancelled midway through the first period. Vapormax Solde . Woodson said during a radio interview Thursday that the Knicks Carmelo Anthony doesnt get the same calls as other superstars. Vapormax 2020 . Dallas hasnt ruled out the star quarterback for Sunday nights game against Philadelphia, but all signs point to Romos back injury pushing Kyle Orton into the starting role after two years of limited play as the backup. Surely Ortons name isnt the first that comes to mind for fans wanting a change after years of damaging interceptions, fumbles or, most infamously, the field goal flub when Romo dropped the snap on a kick that could have won his first playoff game in 2006. AKRON, Ohio -- Jason Day pulled out of the Olympics on Tuesday because of the Zika virus, costing golf its No. 1 player as it returns from a centurylong absence at the Games.The sport has lost two of its biggest stars in the past week, adding to the perception that the Olympics are not a high priority. Rory McIlroy, a four-time major champion, also said Zika will keep him from competing in Rio de Janeiro.The sole reason for my decision is my concerns about the possible transmission of the Zika virus and the potential risks that it may present to my wifes future pregnancies and to future members of our family, Day said in a statement. I have always placed my family in front of everything else in my life.Day and his wife, Ellie, had their second child in November, and he has said they want more children.The 28-year-old Australian is one of six golfers (Irelands Shane Lowry also withdrew Tuesday over Zika concerns) and one of the most prominent athletes to specifically cite the virus for not going to Rio. The others are McIlroy, Charl Schwartzel, Branden Grace and Marc Leishman, whose wifes immune system has not fully recovered after she nearly died last year of toxic shock syndrome.American cyclist Tejay van Garderen is among a handful of athletes outside of golf who also cited Zika as the reason behind not going to Rio. Basketball star?Stephen Curry?didnt specifically cite Zika but noted that other factors played a role in his decision to skip the Games.Brazil has been the hardest hit of the approximately 60 countries that have reported an outbreak of Zika, the mosquito-borne virus linked to severe birth defects and possible neurological problems in adults.Day first expressed concern a month ago at the Memorial and said he had been consulting doctors so he could make a smart choice.Medical experts have confirmed that while perhaps sligght, a decision to compete in Rio absolutely comes with health risks to me and to my family, Day said.dddddddddddd While it has always been a major goal to compete in the Olympics on behalf of my country, playing golf cannot take precedent over the safety of our family. I will not place them at risk. ... I hope all golf and Olympics fans respect and understand my position.Australia has three players in the top 50 in the world, and all of them have withdrawn -- Day, Adam Scott (No. 8) and Leishman (No. 39). Next in line would be Scott Hend (No. 75) and Marcus Fraser (No. 81).Day had been among the strongest proponents of competing in the Olympics, as had McIlroy and other young stars. But as the July 11 deadline nears for qualifying for Rio, some top golfers have been wavering.Among the stars who plan to play or have not decided are Jordan Spieth, U.S. Open champion Dustin Johnson, Bubba Watson, Henrik Stenson of Sweden and Masters champion Danny Willett of England.Three of the top 10 golfers in the world already have announced they will not participate. Scott was the first to withdraw. He said Olympics were never his priority in a year in which the schedule is crammed with major championships with far more historical significance than an Olympic medal.The sport has not been part of the Games since 1904 in St. Louis.Louis Oosthuizen of South Africa cited scheduling concerns when he withdrew. Vijay Singh of Fiji briefly mentioned Zika but was bothered more by the schedule. Graeme McDowell, who was in line to replace McIlroy, withdrew late last week because his wife is due with their second child a few weeks after the Olympics and he did not want to be out of the country in the weeks leading up to the birth. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz