Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

27.08.2019 10:38
Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another da Antworten

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Alex Cobb wasnt sure if he should be elated or disappointed. The Tampa Bay pitcher struck out 13 in fewer than five innings against the San Diego Padres on Friday night. The Rays won 6-3, however Cobb didnt feel as though hed truly done his job. "I dont know if thats a good thing," Cobb said when told hed become the first player in major league history to fan that many batters and fail to make it through the fifth. "As a starting pitcher, you want to go at least five innings every time out." The right-hander left after throwing 117 pitches. He recorded 12 of 14 outs on strikeouts -- four of them in the third, when a wild pitch on strike three allowed Will Venable to reach base. The other outs were recorded on grounders to shortstop in the first and third base in the fourth. "I cant really explain why or how that happened. It was just one of those weird days," Cobb said. "Obviously, thats not my goal. I never go into a game trying to strike everybody out. I was trying to put balls over the plate and have them make weak contact, and they were swinging and missing." The Padres struck out 18 times overall. "He had his changeup going and it was tough to differentiate that from the fastball, and he had us on our heels the whole night," Venable said. "He pitched really well, and we just werent able to make the adjustment." Roberts and Zobrist both delivered two-run singles in the seventh, when reliever Dale Thayer (0-2) inherited a 3-2 lead from Padres starter Edinson Volquez. Jake McGee (1-2) pitched one inning for the victory, and Fernando Rodney worked a scoreless ninth for his fifth save. Venable and Carlos Quentin hit solo homers off Cobb in the first for San Diego. Chris Denorfia also singled twice off the Tampa Bay starter, who allowed three runs, five hits, one walk and hit a batter. Trailing 3-2, Cobb struck out Chase Headley and Quentin to begin the fifth. He was removed after walking Yonder Alonso, ending a streak of Tampa Bay starting pitchers working at least five innings in every game this season at 34 -- the second-longest stretch to begin a season behind the 1981 Pittsburgh Pirates (45). Rays manager Joe Maddon had no regrets about not allowing Cobb to continue. "I just could not permit it and feel good about myself at that point. His career is way too important to him and his family and to us," Maddon said. "At the end of the day its about the Rays. And for me, its about the future of these players. ... To have him injure himself because hes going to throw 125 pitches in five innings, that would be on me. You have to be careful at that point." Umpires Fieldin Culbreth, Brian ONora, Bill Welke and Adrian Johnson worked the game. Earlier in the day, Major League Baseball suspended Culbreth for two games because he was in charge of the crew when it allowed Astros manager Bo Porter to improperly switch relievers in the middle of an inning on Thursday. Culbreth, ONora, Welke and Johnson were also fined an undisclosed amount after MLB admitted its umpires made a mistake for the second straight day. Culbreth told a pool reporter after Fridays game that he takes "all the responsibility" for what happened. As for the discipline? "I look at it that baseball has high standards for their umpires and I have high standards for myself and I didnt meet those standards last night, so I am absolutely OK with everything," Culbreth said. Cobb had nine strikeouts in the first three innings. He worked an extended third, when his wild pitch enabled Venable to reach base. The Padres centre fielder stole second and third base, then scored on a balk to make it 3-0. The Rays starter became the second Tampa Bay pitcher to fan four batters in an inning, joining Jeremy Hellickson, who did it against Detroit on Aug. 25, 2011. Volquez allowed three runs and three hits in six innings. Evan Longoria had two of the hits off the right-hander, including a RBI single in the third. Tampa Bay a second run in the third on a wild pitch. NOTES: RHP Burch Smith will make his major league debut for the Padres on Saturday night. The 23-year-old was called up from Double-A San Antonio, where he was 1-2 with a 1.15 ERA in six starts. Manager Bud Black has seen Smith pitch only once, in the 2011 Arizona Instructional League, and Smith has not pitched at the Triple-A level. "Im happy for him," Black said. "Our minor league people thought that he was the guy, so well see it (Saturday)." ... The Rays placed RHP Brandon Gomes on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 8, with a strained muscle in his right side. To fill his spot in the bullpen, RHP Josh Lueke was recalled from Triple-A Durham. ... Tampa Bay C Jose Molina is day to day with a bruised right knee. He was injured when he was hit by a foul tip during Thursday nights victory over Toronto. Francisco Liriano Jersey . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. Colin Moran Jersey . LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. http://www.pittsburghpiratesprostore.us/Chad-Kuhl-pirates-jersey/ . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. Erik Gonzalez Pirates Jersey . - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday. Roberto Clemente Jersey . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. New Zealand tattoo artist Steve Butcher has been making his mark by traveling around the world to give sports fans the best tattoos.The latest from Butcher was inked in back-to-back sessions on the outer right arm of a Heat fan from Canada named Fiona Wong.The tattoo features Ray Allens famous corner 3-pointer in Game 6 of the 2013 NBA Finals. Allens shot with 5.2 seconds left forced overtime, and the Heat went on to win the game as well as Game 7.I personally think that the Ray Allen shot is the greatest shot in NBA history becaause of its significance and how it changed history, Wong told ESPN.dddddddddddd No one can predict how things wouldve been if Ray hadnt made that shot and the Spurs went on to win the title that year. Would LeBron [James] have left? Would Ray have retired?Wong said she paid about $2,800 for the tattoo, which took Butcher a total of 14 hours to complete.Butchers other NBA tattoos are equally as great. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz