Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

26.06.2019 09:32
eight points off the bench in a win over then-No. 2 Antworten

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- An early warning from the plate umpire stopped any more trouble on the field between the Tampa Bay Rays and Detroit Tigers. It didnt seem to put an end to the ill will, though. Jeremy Hellickson earned his fifth June win and the Rays beat Detroit 3-1 Sunday in a game that got off to a tense start. Both benches were warned by umpire Vic Carapazza after Detroits Rick Porcello hit Ben Zobrist with a pitch in the first inning. Both dugouts stayed calm and nothing further developed. Rays manager Joe Maddon didnt particularly like seeing Zobrist get plunked. "I thought it was absolutely uncalled for, and hopefully the league will take a look at it," Maddon said. The Rays did not retaliate Sunday, but Maddon added "theres many more opportunities to play good, hard baseball, and we will." A day earlier, Miguel Cabrera yelled at the Tampa Bay dugout after he struck out in the 10th inning. Fernando Rodney had thrown a high-and-tight fastball before fanning the Tigers star. "I dont debate, this guy is outstanding," Maddon said of Cabrera. "Hes wonderful. I just wish he wouldnt cry so much." Zobrist walked to first base after being struck on the wrist with two outs and no one on base. "I just assumed it would happen today at some point because of what was said last night," Zobrist said. "I just said to one of the umpires on the way to first, I was like, Hey, that was intentional. You guys know it. I think we should do something about that. But they chose not to." Maddon pointed out that Jhonny Peralta took an in-tight pitch from Rodney on Sunday and there was no response. "Peralta got the same pitch that Cabrera got last night, with the same kind of a moment, and nobodys worried about Peralta," Maddon said. "So, if Im Jhonny Peralta, Im upset right now. Im not getting that same kind of reaction from everybody that Cabrera got last night. Overreaction, no reaction." Porcello said he was surprised by the warning. "I tried to throw a fastball in and it just got away from me," Porcello said. Before Sundays game, Detroit manager Jim Leyland said "thats history" when asked about the Cabrera incident. After Saturdays game, however, Leyland said: "Throwing in that area is not acceptable, and somebody pays the price for that throughout baseball. Thats just the way baseball is." "History repeated itself in the first inning," Maddon said. Leyland said "nobodys trying to hit anybody." "What do you want to talk about?" Leyland said. "Thats part of baseball. Guys get hit in baseball games. Thats nothing new. We got three guys hit last week, we hit a couple guys last week. Thats all part of the game. A guy got hit. Big deal." Hellickson (7-3) allowed one run over six-plus innings. He tied the team record for victories in one month held by Matt Moore, David Price and Scott Kazmir. "Thats outstanding," Maddon said. Rodney pitched the ninth for his 17th save. Cabrera hit his 25th homer this season for the Tigers, sending a shot into a fish tank beyond the wall. Porcello stumbled while in his delivery when facing Zobrist in the third and threw a pitch that landed well in front of the plate. Porcello (4-6) went six innings, allowing three runs and eight hits. Cabrera, booed before each of his at-bats, tied it at 1 with a fourth-inning homer that gave him a 15-game hitting streak. His drive was the second -- joining Luis Gonzalezs shot in 2007 -- to go into the fish tank just to the right of centre field that is home to a group of cownose rays. James Loney extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a double in the second and scored on a single by Jose Lobaton to put the Rays up 1-0. Lobaton drove in another run with a single during a two-run fourth that made it 3-1. Yunel Escobar had a bases-loaded walk in the inning. Hellickson left with the bases loaded and no outs in the seventh. Reliever Jake McGee bailed out the Rays starter by retiring three straight batters to end the threat. "That was unbelievable," Hellickson said. "To get out of that was pretty amazing." NOTES: Leyland, this years AL All-Star team manager, supports the idea that all teams have a player in the contest. "You can get a lot of arguments because its probably not a true All-Star team when you have to have somebody from every team, but I love the fact that every uniform is represented at the All-Star game," Leyland said. "I think thats really a nice touch." ... Rays 3B Evan Longoria (plantar fasciitis) missed his second consecutive game. ... Denny McLain, the majors last 30-game winner, was at the ballpark. He did it in 1968 with the Tigers. ... Cabrera went 1 for 4 and had his major league-best batting average drop two points to .373. Willie Brown Jersey . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing room for a celebration nine seasons in the making. Andrew DePaola Jersey .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. http://www.cheapraidersjerseyschina.com/otis-sistrunk-jersey/ . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. Karl Joseph Jersey . -- Five former Kansas City Chiefs players who were on the team between 1987 and 1993 filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming the team hid and even lied about the risks of head injuries during that time period when there was no collective bargaining agreement in place in the NFL. Darren Waller Jersey . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Nicholas Baer arrived at Iowa in 2014 as a spindly walk-on who looked as though he might never be more than a practice body.These days, the Hawkeyes dont know what they would do without him.Baers 4.8 points and 2.6 rebounds per game last season dont reflect how truly valuable he was. Baers versatility and energy off the bench were crucial as the Hawkeyes reached the NCAA Tournament for the third year in a row. There doesnt appear to be a starting spot for the 6-foot-7 Baer in 2016-17, but coach Fran McCaffery intends to lean on Baer for a boost as much as possible.Hell do a lot of the same things, but hell have an expanded role. Hell play more, McCaffery said Wednesday at the teams annual media day.That Baer blossomed into a Big Ten player in just two years is a testament to his work ethic and feel for the game.Baer posted an impressive resume in high school, earning first-team all-state honors as a senior for Bettendorf (Iowa) while averaging 15.2 points, 9.1 rebounds, 2.2 blocks, 1.5 steals and 1.5 assists. But Baer was just 185 pounds, and no school outside of Division II Northwest Missouri State offered him a scholarship.McCaffery saw something in Baer that few others did, inviting him to join the Hawkeyes with no promise of a scholarship.Baer redshirted in 2014-15. Last season, Iowa brought in a big freshman class to augment a roster with four senior starters -- leaving Baer almost no shot at playing time. Baer had to force his way into the rotation, which he has done in part by putting on 20 pounds since high school.Its been extremely difficult. Its been a long process for sure, Baer said. I feel stronger than ever, and I have more stamina to sustain that effort thats been successful for me.Baer raiseed some eyebrows in last seasons opener, hitting a pair of garbage-time 3-pointers in a blowout of Gardner-Webb.dddddddddddd A few weeks later, he had eight points off the bench in a win over then-No. 20 Wichita State.Bears breakout moment helped save the Hawkeyes from an embarrassing defeat to instate rival Drake. Iowa was sluggish until Baer came off the bench and scored 13 points with seven rebounds and six blocks to help the Hawkeyes escape 70-64.Baer was a key reserve the rest of the way, scoring 15 points in Iowas blowout loss to eventual national champion Villanova in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.Baers efforts were rewarded by the coaching staff this spring with a scholarship.It just shows what our program is about. He gives everything he has every time hes on the court. He has heart, Iowa forward Ahmad Wagner said.How much Baer will play for the Hawkeyes is up in the air with the season still a month away.Wagner and Dom Uhl figure to be the favorites to start in the frontcourt. Junior college transfer Dale Jones and talented freshman Tyler Cook -- who McCaffery said Wednesday had the highest ceiling of any recruit he has ever landed -- will likely get key minutes as well.But Iowas coaching staff has learned not to underestimate Baer, one of the players they know they dont have to worry about.He makes plays, he makes shots.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz