Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
dasg234 Offline

14.06.2019 12:11
er-up in Washington, acknowledged his body feels Antworten

MINNEAPOLIS -- Brian Doziers milestone home run led to his first career curtain call and a satisfying win for the Minnesota Twins.Dozier hit his 25th homer of the season and the 100th of his career, leading Tyler Duffey and the Twins over the Kansas City Royals 5-3 Saturday night and ending a four-game losing streak.After slumping badly to start the season, Dozier has been one of the top hitters in the majors for almost two months. Hes hit 17 homers since June 25, most in the majors over that span, and hes even baffled a Hall of Fame hitter with his surge.Im not sure what it feels like to be in the groove that hes in, said Twins manager Paul Molitor, who got 3,319 hits in big league career.I know back there in May he talked about having a couple days where he worked on some things, some things started to click, and its been an extended period now where hes been one of the better offensive players in the league, he said.Dozier doubled to lead off the first inning and scored on the first of Robbie Grossmans three hits. In the sixth inning he followed Eddie Rosarios two-run shot with a towering drive deep into the second deck in left.Teammate Eduardo Escobar pushed Dozier out of the dugout to acknowledge the crowd after he circled the bases.Just dont ask him to explain his turnaround.If I had a clear-cut answer Id tell you, Dozier said. You make adjustments, you start seeing the ball, you stay behind the ball . everything feels very comfortable.For the second time this season, the Twins homered three times off Royals starter Dillon Gee (4-6), who gave up five earned runs on 11 hits and one walk in 5 1/3 innings.The first five innings ... we were battling pretty good and the curveball was good, Gee said. We were able to battle our way through five, and in the sixth it just fell apart.Duffey (8-8) won for the third time in three starts this month. He allowed two runs on six hits in seven innings, striking out six.His outing was especially timely given the recent troubles of Minnesotas starting staff. In the previous three games, Twins starters lasted a combined 10 innings.The more that the short outings get compounded, the more that it taxes your team collectively, Molitor said. You need a little relief. Long starts are right up there with off days.Ryan Pressly pitched a scoreless eighth and Brandon Kintzler allowed an unearned run in the ninth but held on for his 11th save in 12 chances.Cheslor Cuthbert hit his 10th home run of the season in the third inning to tie it at 1. But Grossman hit a leadoff home run in the fifth to put the Twins on top for good.CUTHBERT CRUSHINGCuthbert took over third base for the injured Mike Moustakas in late May, and the rookie has been on a tear since the All-Star break. After going 1 for 4 on Saturday hes hitting .336 since July 15. He also had four straight multihit games earlier this week and hasnt gone hitless in consecutive games since June 15-16.BULLPEN SHUFFLEThe Twins switched lefties in their bullpen on Saturday, calling up Ryan ORourke from Triple-A Rochester and designating Andrew Albers for assignment. ORourke had a 4.91 ERA in eight appearances with the Twins earlier this season. Albers made one appearance for the Twins this season, giving up five runs in six innings of relief in the second game of a doubleheader against Houston on Thursday.UP NEXTLHP Hector Santiago will try to earn his first victory for the Twins on Sunday. Santiago (10-6), acquired from the Angels in a four-player trade on Aug. 1, has allowed eight earned runs in 10 1/3 innings in his first two starts for Minnesota, both losses. Hell face RHP Edinson Volquez (8-10), who is 0-2 with three no-decisions since July 9.Cheap Custom Astros Jersey . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. Custom Astros Jersey China . Its an influence in football and a big part of the game. http://www.customastrosjersey.com/ . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Custom Astros Jerseys . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. Cheap Astros Jerseys . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. WASHINGTON -- A couple of plastic sandwich bags filled with ice were resting on his left thigh, and some others were chilling his right knee, as an admittedly exhausted John Isner assessed how hes holding up after eight victories in 10 days. "My body doesnt feel great," Isner said, then paused and smiled. "At the same time, nothing is wrong with me, besides just being a little tired and a little worn out. But thats what happens when you play well." The highest-ranked American man certainly has been doing that lately. Isner, who is ranked 20th and seeded eighth, set up his sternest test of late, earning a matchup against top-seeded and two-time champion Juan Martin del Potro in Sundays Citi Open final. Taking control by breaking serve immediately after a rain delay, Isner hit 29 aces and beat unseeded Dmitry Tursunov 6-7 (7), 6-3, 6-4. Later, del Potro came out much stronger after his semifinal was interrupted for more than three hours by showers and he turned things around to beat third-seeded Tommy Haas 7-6 (4), 6-3 in a match that ended past midnight. "The rain, for sure, helped me to come back in this match," said the seventh-ranked del Potro, who hasnt dropped a set in three previous victories against Isner. Del Potro stretched his winning streak at the hard-court tuneup for the U.S. Open to 13 matches. He won Washingtons tournament in 2008 and 2009, then skipped it the past three years. Trailing Haas 4-1 when a downpour came, 2009 U.S. Open champion del Potro won four games in a row. "The rain delays annoying. It bothers me a lot, actually," said Haas, who showed frustration at various moments by spiking, tossing or kicking his racket. "Come back out there, and the momentum was really on my side, at least for the first set, I think. (If) it would have been mine, it would have been maybe a different match. But these are all the ifs and buts and not worth talking about." Still, Haas actually held two set points late in the first, one of which del Potro erased with a 117 mph second-serve ace, and the other with a volley winner. "He went for it," said Haas, a finalist last year. "He deserved it." Defending champion Magdalena Rybarikova beat Ekaterina Makarova 6-2, 6-0 in the first womens semifinal, which was stopped by rain at 5-2 in the first set. Because of all the delays, the other womens match, between Alize Cornet and Andrea Petkovic, started after 12:30 a.m. Much, much earlier, Isner finished with a flourish -- his last six serves were aces -- and continued the strong form he showed last week while winning the title at Atlanta on a hard court. "When youre winning, youre playing a lot of matches, and from that, naturally, youre just going to wear down," said Isner, who was visited by a trainer in the third seet but said the left leg injury that forced him to stop playing at Wimbledon in June was not bothering him.dddddddddddd "I just wanted to get it massaged a little bit," said Isner, who for years has been officially listed as being 6-foot-9 by the ATP, but the tours website recently changed that to 6-10. "It wasnt anything I was seriously worried about." Isner, the 2007 runner-up in Washington, acknowledged his body feels "like its a little beat up" after a second consecutive three-setter and a busy 1 1/2 weeks, "but Ill be ready to go tomorrow, for sure." After dropping the first set against Tursunov, Isner was ahead on serve 2-1 in the second when, with the match 70 minutes old and a drizzle falling, play was suspended. When they resumed at 30-40, Isner converted the break point with a forehand passing winner on a 12-stroke exchange. "Its definitely not a comfortable feeling" to return from a delay facing break point, Tursunov said. "Really, you understand that if you dont win this point, youre down a break, and then the set is over." Indeed, that was the first break in the match, and all Isner would need to even things at a set apiece 15 minutes later. "Gave me all sorts of momentum," Isner said. He broke again to lead 3-2 in the third, this time at love, helped by three unforced errors by the 61st-ranked Tursunov. That was pretty much that, because Isners powerful serve was clicking -- just as it usually does during the summer hard-court season in North America. "Its my absolute favourite time of the year," said Isner, whose best Grand Slam showing was a run to the U.S. Open quarterfinals in 2011. "Its not a coincidence that I play and do well here in the summer, every single year." Isner won 69 of 86 points he served Saturday, including runs of 16 and 14 in a row, and did not face a break point. "You really cant see the serve too well. ... Its really just a lot of guessing," Tursunov said. Said del Potro, looking ahead to facing Isner: "Nobody can break his serve in this tournament. ... Of course, sometimes you get frustrated when you cant return his serve." If Isner wins Sunday, he would earn his third title of 2013 and pull even with No. 1 Novak Djokovic for the third-highest total on tour. Only Rafael Nadal (seven) and Andy Murray (four) have won more. As for whether a ninth match in 11 days might force him to reconsider his schedule over the coming weeks -- the years last major tournament starts in New York on Aug. 26 -- Isner said he hasnt thought about that yet. "I want to be as fresh as I can for the U.S. Open," the 245-pound Isner said. "I have played a lot of matches (and) Im not necessarily built to play week after week after week." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz