Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
dasg234 Offline

01.06.2019 15:33
turned this into quite a season for rookie shortstops in th Antworten

NEW ORLEANS -- The New Orleans Pelicans are trying to find more offensive support for the NBAs second-leading scorer, Anthony Davis.The Indiana Pacers are trying to pick up the slack while starting guard Monta Ellis rests a groin injury.Balanced contributions will be a key for both teams when they meet for the first time this season Thursday night in the Smoothie King Center.New Orleans guard Tim Frazier had his first triple-double in a 120-119 overtime victory at Phoenix on Sunday, and reserve guard Langston Galloway continued his hot 3-point shooting during a 113-109 home loss to Golden State on Tuesday.Galloway made 19 3-pointers over the past five games, a career best for that length of games, and he shot 44.2 percent on 3-pointers in that stretch.I think in college was probably the last time I had (such a green light to shoot), Galloway told the Pelicans team website. Last year in New York I had it somewhat, but the coaches, teammates, they all believe in me (here). I just go out there and play with a lot of confidence.Against the Suns, Davis tied for the third-most points among five New Orleans players who scored double figures.Against the Warriors, the Pelicans again had five double-figure scorers as Davis led the way. But down the stretch, the New Orleans offense -- Davis included -- broke down, producing a total of two points in its final 11 possessions as the Pelicans squandered a five-point, fourth-quarter lead and dropped to 8-18.It comes down to making plays at the end, New Orleans coach Alvin Gentry said. I thought the last five, six minutes of the game, we became a little stagnant, and if you become stagnant with this (Golden State) team, they do a great job of loading up their defense. You cant hold the basketball.The Pacers (13-13) lost at Miami 95-89 on Wednesday as Ellis missed his second straight game. He will sit out at least one more game after Thursday.Glenn Robinson III replaced Ellis in the starting lineup, though his contributions are more varied than just scoring, which is Ellis forte. Robinson is not among the five Indiana players with a double-figure scoring average.Its sad to see Monta out, you never want to see anyone injured, but I want to take advantage of this opportunity, Robinson told the Pacers website. I definitely want to be a starter in this league, and I think I can help this team out, bringing energy and being ready to play every night. Energy is the biggest thing we need in the starting lineup.Robinson left the game against Miami in the third quarter after his head collided with the Heats Hassan Whitesides knee, but he returned in the fourth quarter.Hes going to get better by the game, forward Paul George said of Robinson. We know how much he can do and how much offensively he has in his package. We want him to play his game, but hes the fifth option for us. Hes growing. Hes good now, but when his time comes, hes going to be really good.The Pacers made just nine 3-pointers against the Heat after posting season-high totals in their previous two games. They made 15 3-pointers against the Portland Trail Blazers on Saturday, then made 17 two nights later against the Charlotte Hornets.Im going to stay ready no matter what happens when Monta comes back, Robinson told the Pacers website. But the biggest thing is Ive learned a lot and Ive proven not only to myself and my teammates, but to the coaches and the rest of the league that I belong and Im here to stay.Custom Miami Heat Jerseys .com) - The Montreal Canadiens embark on their first road trip of the season as they head out west to battle the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. Custom Basketball Jerseys China .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. http://www.customjerseysbasketball.com/custom-indiana-pacers-jerseys-417y.html . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. Discount Custom Basketball Jerseys . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. Custom Minnesota Timberwolves Jerseys . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offence.Detroit manager Brad Ausmus wondered aloud Friday about Michael Fulmers case for the All-Star game. Fulmer didnt make it, but his 9-2 record and 2.11 ERA certainly deserve mentioning.At that pace, hed be in the Cy Young discussion if he kept it up for a year, Ausmus said.For now, Fulmer will have to settle for being a top candidate for American League Rookie of the Year honors. In a season where not everything has gone as planned for the Tigers, hes been perhaps the biggest reason theyre still very much in the mix for a postseason spot. When Detroit acquired Fulmer last year in the deal that sent Yoenis Cespedes to the Mets, the Tigers were hoping he could make a significant impact, but as with many prospects, there was no way to know it would happen so quickly.We saw him in spring for the first time and we knew he had electric stuff. He just had a little command issue in spring, teammate Jordan Zimmermann said. He came up, hes been throwing strikes and now hes got a changeup to go with his fastball and slider that are both `plus pitches. Hes been dominant the whole time. Hes fun to watch.Detroits rotation has been in a tough spot of late because of Zimmermanns injury problems and Anibal Sanchezs ineffectiveness. Fulmer, however, has been outstanding since making his debut in late April. Since May 27, hes made eight starts and gone 6-1, allowing only three earned runs in 50 1/3 innings.A lot of young guys come up and theyre throwers and not really pitchers. They have the velocity but they dont really know where its going, Zimmermann said. I feel like hes got the velocity and knows where its going. Usually the control comes later in your career. It seems like hes got it.Here are a few other rookies who have impressed during the first half of the season:COREY SEAGER and KENTA MAEDA, DODGERSSeager was impressive in a shorter stint with the Dodgers last year, and the talented shortstop has lived up to expectations in 2016, hitting .296 with 17 home runs and 41 RBI.MMaeda turned 28 five days after making his major league debut in April.dddddddddddd The Dodgers signed him to an incentive-laden, eight-year contract in the hope that his success in Japan would translate to the Los Angeles rotation. Hes done just fine so far, posting a 7-6 record with a 3.07 ERA.TREVOR STORY, ROCKIESStory was quite the phenomenon when he hit seven home runs in his first six big league games back in April. Needless to say, the Colorado shortstops pace has slowed a bit, but his batting line -- .263 with 21 homers and 57 RBI -- is still pretty remarkable for a 23-year-old. A note of caution: Hes also on pace for about 200 strikeouts.Story, Seager and St. Louis Aledmys Diaz have turned this into quite a season for rookie shortstops in the National League.SEUNG HWAN OH, CARDINALSThe 33-year-old South Korea native came to St. Louis with quite a reputation -- he led the Japanese Central League in saves in 2014 and `15 and had earned the nicknames Final Boss and Stone Buddha. Hes already appeared in 44 games for the Cardinals, posting a 1.62 ERA.JUNIOR GUERRA, BREWERSGuerra bounced all over the minors and even played professionally in Italy before finally making his big league debut for the Chicago White Sox at age 30 last year. He pitched only four innings for the White Sox in 2015, and Milwaukee claimed him off waivers in October.The right-hander has come out of nowhere to go 6-1 with a 2.93 ERA in 12 starts for the Brewers this year.NOMAR MAZARA, RANGERSA 21-year-old outfielder playing regularly for a first-place team, Mazara is hitting .283 with 11 home runs and 36 RBI. Mazara was 16 when the Rangers signed the Dominican prospect and gave him a $5 million bonus. Hes progressed quickly enough to help Texas withstand injuries to Shin-Soo Choo and Josh Hamilton this year.---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz