Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

27.05.2019 07:49
and when you look at his season in total, hes Antworten

MILWAUKEE -- Mired in a 0-for-18 slump entering the game, Kirk Nieuwenhuis broke out in a big way.Nieuwenhuis hit two home runs for his third career multi-homer game, matched a season high with three hits and set a season mark with four RBI to help the Milwaukee Brewers beat the Chicago Cubs 6-1 on Saturday night.The last couple of days I just tried to change my mentality a little bit, Nieuwenhuis said. Ive just been pressing a lot the last three or four weeks. It seems like even longer than that.Milwaukee manager Craig Counsell said Nieuwenhuis has been grinding during the rough stretch.But after a night like tonight, where he kind of drives the bus for you, and when you look at his season in total, hes doing a good job for us, Counsell said.Zach Davies took a shutout into the seventh inning and Jonathan Lucroy also homered, giving Milwaukee the lead with a two-run shot in the first off John Lackey (7-7).He let one come back over the middle a little bit, and I was able to square it up, Lucroy said. It was a tough at bat, and I think I tired him out and he finally let one leak back out a little bit.Nieuwenhuis led off the fourth with a homer to center field, extending Milwaukees lead to 3-0. Nieuwenhuis added a three-run homer to left in the eighth.Davies (7-4) gave up one run and three hits in 6 1/3 innings. He struck out four and walked two.I felt good with my rhythm and was working at a pace I wanted to be at, Davies said.Lackey, who has surrendered at least one home run in seven straight starts, gave up three runs and five hits in six innings.Davies, who pitched seven scoreless innings in his last start, retired 10 consecutive batters before yielding a single to Ben Zobrist leading off the seventh. Zobrist scored on Addison Russells single off Will Smith, who relieved Davies with one out in the inning.(Davies) has been really good. Hes doing a nice job making pitches, Counsell said.The Brewers loaded the bases with two outs in the third but Lackey escaped by striking out Chris Carter.Milwaukee threatened again in the seventh, putting runners on second and third with one out. Cubs reliever Adam Warren then fired a pitch over catcher Willson Contreras glove. With Hernan Perez racing down the third-base line attempting to score, Contreras retrieved the ball off of a carom and fired to Warren covering the plate, who tagged out a sliding Perez. The call was upheld after a review.FAST PACEThe two stolen bases by the Brewers on Friday put the team at a major league-leading 86 for the season, eclipsing last seasons team mark of 84. The Brewers successfully executed a double steal on Saturday.PITCHING A FITThere was still buzz in Milwaukee on Saturday about newly retired Chicago Bears safety Charles Tillman, who said he was a guest of Milwaukee-based Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co., throwing out a ceremonial pitch at Miller Park on Friday. Tillman tweeted: Northwestern Mutual had a suite and the 1st pitch and they asked me to do it (hash)relaxeveryone.OPEN AND SHUTThe game began with the retractable roof closed. It was opened after the first inning only to be closed again with the Brewers batting in the third as a rainstorm moved into the area.TRAINERS ROOMCubs: Reliever Joe Nathan, who is recovering from Tommy John surgery, will join the club Sunday, manager Joe Maddon said. The 41-year-old Nathan has been on a 30-day rehab assignment in the Cubs minor-league system but hasnt appear in a major league game since April 6, 2015, with Detroit.Brewers: OF Domingo Santana, on the DL since June 10 with right elbow soreness, started a rehab assignment Saturday with Class-A Wisconsin.UP NEXTCubs: Jon Lester (10-4, 2.89) will start against the Brewers for the first time this season and first time ever at Miller Park. In five career starts versus Milwaukee he is 2-2 with a 2.22 ERA.Brewers: Junior Guerra (6-2, 3.06) will make his second start of the season against the Cubs. Guerra earned the victory in a May 15 start at Miller Park, giving up five hits and three runs over seven innings. He struck out a career-high 11 against Chicago. Nike Blazer Sb Mid Sale . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Cheap Nike Blazers . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. http://www.cheapblazershoes.com/blazer-shoes-mid-cheap/blazer-mid-off-white.html . -- Team after team passed on Andre Ellington in the draft. Nike Blazer Mid Mens . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. Nike Blazer Mid 77 Sale . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Jabrill Peppers pressed a phone against his right cheek, head bowed, and swayed from side to side.He picked his head up when he heard unexpected news.Wow. Hey, he said, tilting his head back with a huge smile upon finding out he was a Heisman Trophy finalist. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!The do-it-all, three-way dynamo had quite a year for No. 6 Michigan, and the team says he played 15 positions across offense, defense and special teams.But the nations most versatile star wasnt necessarily projected to be among the final five players up for the Heisman.I was in shock when I got that call, Peppers told The Associated Press. Im still in shock. Its surreal. When youre a child, you set goals and you work hard for things like this.The East Orange, New Jersey, native had to work harder than most. He was 7 when his father, Terry Peppers, went to jail and was 14 when his older brother and role model, Don Curtis, was shot and killed.Ivory Bryant , his mother, made sure sports ranked second behind school.His mother will join him at the Heisman Trophy ceremony on Saturday night in New York. He wasnt planning on inviting his father.With my dad, our relationship is still growing, Peppers said. Hes trying to get back on his feet.Peppers is a star who contributed this season in three facets of the game . In the rare moments he wasnt on the field, he was standing near coach Jim Harbaugh on the sideline, ready to roll when his name was called.Peppers won the Hornung Award as the nations most versatile college football player. On defense, the 6-foot-1, 205-pounder usually lined up as a linebacker after spending most of the previous two years as a defensive back.Michigans Charles Woodson is the only player to win the Heisman while primarily playing defense -- though, like Peppers, Woodson also played on offense and special teams.Its rare that defensive players are even among the Heisman finalists. Since 1986, the list includes just Oklahoma linebacker Brian Bosworth, Washington defensive lineman Steve Emtman, Miami Hurricanes defensive tackle Warren Sapp, Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, LSU defensive back Tyrann Mathieu and Notre Dame linebacker Manti Teo.It means a lot to be a part of that group, Peppers said. I didnt finish the season as well as I thought and hoped I would, and there were a lot of guys that could have been finalists ahead of me.Many expect Peppers to skip his senior season to enter the NFL draft, though hes declined to talk about it because he doesnt want to distract from Michigans preparation for the Orangee Bowl against No.dddddddddddd 10 Florida State on Dec. 30.We have one more game to play and thats where my focus is, he said. I absolutely want to end the season on a good note and get the sour taste out of my mouth.The Wolverines closed the regular season with two losses in three games, including a stinging setback as a third-ranked team to second-ranked Ohio State, 30-27 in two overtimes. The Buckeyes beat their rival in part because they didnt let Peppers make any game-breaking plays on offense or special teams.Peppers did have seven tackles and intercepted a pass, but he had just four yards rushing on four carries. On special teams, he returned one kickoff for 44 yards and a punt for 5 yards.Harbaugh, though, wouldnt trade him for any player in college football.Hes an amazing player that does everything that anybody asks, any of the coaches or teammates ask him to do, Harbaugh said. Whether its play safety or corner or nickel or linebacker or quarterback or slot receiver or running back, punt returner, kick returner, he does it all and without hesitation, without flinching. He does it to the best of his God-given ability every time.---HEISMAN-DEFINING MOMENT: Like Woodson, Peppers returned a punt for a touchdown into the south end zone in Michigan Stadium for his signature play of the season. Peppers showed his speed, strength and agility on the 54-yard score in the fourth quarter that helped the Wolverines pull away to beat Colorado 45-28.BEST GAME: Peppers scored on a punt return, had a season-long, 55-yard kickoff, a 17-yard run and nine tackles, including a sack, against the Buffaloes, who are No. 11 going into the postseason.WORST GAME: In a loss 14-13 loss at Iowa, the Wolverines needed a spark and their best all-around player couldnt provide it. Peppers was held to 11 yards rushing on four carries, returned a kickoff just 16 yards, a punt 19 yards and made five tackles.PRO PROSPECTS: Unless he makes a stunning return to college, Peppers is projected to be among the top picks in the draft. He fits the profile of what NFL teams are looking for, a player they can line up against a slot receiver or send on a blitz. Peppers will also be viewed as an asset in the kicking game.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25---AP Sports Writer Tim Reynolds in Hollywood, Florida contributed.---Follow Larry Lage on Twitter at www.twitter.com/larrylage ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz