Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

05.03.2019 08:41
But by the time the game started, t Antworten

ANAHEIM, Calif. - Albert Pujols turned back the clock and pulled out the kind of majestic home run stroke that helped him hit 30 or more in each of his 12 previous seasons in the major leagues. There was no doubt about this one, and it couldnt have come at a better time for the Los Angeles Angels. Pujols hit a go-ahead homer in the eighth inning and drove in three runs, leading the Angels to a 4-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night. His ninth of the season not only got Jered Weaver off the hook, but also third baseman Alberto Callaspo, whose third-inning fielding error led to a pair of unearned runs. "I knew it was out of the park as soon as I hit it," Pujols said. "It just felt good because it gave us the lead. Even though Weaver didnt get the win, he pitched very well and gave us a chance to score some runs and come out with a win." Cubs starter Scott Feldman took a 3-1 lead into the seventh before former Texas Rangers teammate Josh Hamilton led off with a double and scored on Howie Kendricks third single of the game, which made him 8 for 18 against the right-hander. James Russell came in and retired the next three batters, including Callaspo on a sacrifice bunt. But Erick Aybar greeted Carlos Villanueva (1-4) with a leadoff single through the box, and Pujols drove his first-pitch homer over the double-decker bullpen in left field after Mike Trout flied out. "He wasnt supposed to even come close to throwing that pitch in that situation," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said with a tinge of disgust. "Somewhere down the line, we lost the scouting report from the bullpen to the mound." Villanueva was understandably downcast in the clubhouse talking about the 17th home run allowed by the Cubs bullpen. "It caught too much plate. Its as simple as that," Villanueva said. "If I make a better pitch there, maybe its a different result. But Pujols is a great hitter. I dont really have to say that. So to a hitter, you cant miss by that much over the plate in that situation. He did what he was supposed to do — put it in the seats." Pujols, who has hit 54 of his 484 career home runs against Cubs pitching, is batting just .244 with 35 RBIs in 57 games. After he struck out in the third inning, he was soundly booed by the crowd. "Numbers-wise, its nowhere where I want to be. But I feel like Im one swing away from turning things around," the three-time NL MVP said. "I dont give up, man. I take every game like its the last game of my career. I go out there every day, try to fight and get a good pitch to hit and hopefully do something to help the ballclub win. Yesterday and the day before, I put a good swing on the ball and didnt do the damage I should do. Its frustrating because I know Im not too far away from it." Robert Coello (2-1) pitched a scoreless eighth for the win and Ernesto Frieri got three outs for his 13th save in 14 attempts. Weaver struck out five and was charged with an earned run and six hits over six innings in his fourth start this season and second since coming off the disabled list. He is 0-2 with two no-decisions in four starts against Feldman, who spent his eight previous big league seasons with the AL West-rival Texas Rangers. "Hes got good stuff," Weaver said. "Hes kind of changed his approach over the years. He was a hard thrower and a mid-90s (mph) guy, and now hes mixing in that split-finger and that cutter a lot. So hes kind of developed into a great pitcher and hes obviously proven that this year. He kept our guys off balance, but we were able to battle back and get that big homer by Pujols to put us back on top." Feldman allowed two runs and six hits in six-plus innings. In his previous head-to-head duel with Weaver, on Sept. 19, 2009, Feldman beat him 3-2 at Texas for the 17th and final win of his best season in the majors. "You realize its going to be tough to scrape up runs against Weaver because hes one of the best," Feldman said. "Hes always going out there and leaving his heart on the field." The Angels, coming off an embarrassing four-game sweep by the visiting Houston Astros — the team with the worst record in the AL — won for the third time in nine games. The Cubs snapped a 1-all tie in the third after Callaspo fumbled David DeJesus leadoff grounder on the infield grass, his fifth error this season and fourth in three games. One out later, Weaver walked Anthony Rizzo and gave up an RBI single to Alfonso Soriano. Ryan Sweeney, who had three hits, delivered the second run of the inning with a two-out single — his first RBI in 26 career at-bats against Weaver to that point. Chicago opened the scoring in the first on a broken-bat RBI single from Nate Schierholtz with two outs, after Weaver hit Luis Valbuena with a 1-2 pitch and gave up an opposite-field single to Rizzo. The Angels tied it in the bottom half on Pujols sacrifice fly, after a leadoff double by Aybar and an infield hit by Trout. This is the Cubs second visit to Anaheim since interleague play began in 1997. They took two of three in 2004. NOTES: With another Los Angeles vs. Chicago confrontation going on up the freeway at Staples Center between the Kings and Blackhawks in Game 3 of the NHLs Western Conference finals, the baseball game drew 32,223 — 4,772 below the Angels season average. ... One catcher picked off the other at first base in the second inning when Chicagos Welington Castillo caught Chris Iannetta leaning too far off the bag with runners at the corners. ... This was the first of eight home games the Angels will play against NL Central teams. ... Three of Weavers four starts have been against NL teams. ... The Angels have committed 39 errors, second-worst in the AL behind Houstons 40. ... LHP Scott Downs relieved Weaver, pitching a perfect seventh inning with two strikeouts in his first appearance since May 26. Sean Newcomb Jersey . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. Jose Ramirez Jersey . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. http://www.thebravesteamshop.com/Braves-Phil-Niekro-Kids-Jersey/ . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shootout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. Ender Inciarte Jersey . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. Hank Aaron Jersey . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. HOUSTON -- Major League Baseball owners approved the sale of a controlling stake in the Seattle Mariners from Nintendo of America to a group of minority owners led by Western Wireless Corp. founder John Stanton and retired Microsoft executive Chris Larson.The sale was announced in April and approved Thursday. Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said the deal will close Friday or Monday.This will be the first transfer in control of an MLB team since Ron Fowler led the purchase of the San Diego Padres in August 2012.Stanton will take over as control person from current chairman Howard Lincoln, who is retiring. The Mariners anticipate a seamless transition in management.Theres not a soul, other than the people retiring, that will be impacted, because all of these same partners are still involved, Mariners chairman emeritus John Ellis said.Nintendo of America, under the direction of Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi, bought the Mariners from Jeff Smulyan in 1992. Under Nintendos ownershipp, the Mariners moved from the Kingdome to Safeco Field in 1999.ddddddddddddWe all started it with this very generous input from Mr. Yamauchi and Nintendo. Its the only way we saved the team, said Ellis, who will remain a director. Now to have the same group rearranging its percentages, John Stanton taking over, the Japanese backing down to 10 percent, is the transition that guarantees to the team for the future.Nintendo is selling all but 10 percent of its stake in the franchise and the regional sports network ROOT Sports. The transition shifts the percentage of ownership shares within First Avenue Entertainment LLLP, which owns the franchise and a majority interest in ROOT Sports, holdings the team said in April were valued at $1.4 billion.Stanton said in April the ownership group includes 17 investors and there will be no majority owner among the group. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz