Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

05.05.2019 07:57
run in the 12th inning as the Orioles ended a season-wor Antworten

Arrogate ran California Chrome down in the shadow of the post to grab the spoils in a renewal of the Breeders Cup Classic that truly lived up to its billing as a duel for the ages. Dubai World Cup winner California Chrome set easy fractions in front and Victor Espinoza looked to have matters under control as he went for home.Art Shermans superstar opened up a gap on the Khalid Abdullah-owned Arrogate, but the young pretender would not be denied under Mike Smith, to give trainer Bob Baffert a third Classic victory in a row. Baffert said: I was a bit worried, he was just loping around. I thought Man, I hope I have him fit enough.When Chrome was out there cruising, I thought no way hes going to catch him, hes going to run second, but at least he showed up.Then all of a sudden, Mikes riding and hes catching up little by little with that big stride kicking in. I felt like when Trevor (Denman) says this is un-believe-able. I never thought he would be able to catch Chrome.It takes a lot to get me excited and that was some race.Sherman was gracious in defeat and pointed towards the Pegasus World Cup invitational at Gulfstream Park in January as being the final race of California Chromes career.He said: Im very proud of the way he ran and there are no excuses. What can I say, he ran his eyeballs out.He ran his race, but just got beat in those last couple of jumps.That winner (Arrogate) is the real McCoy. I knew he was the one we had to beat, but I didnt know how good he was.We had no excuses. He broke so darn good that I figured wed be in front early. The fractions were fine.When we were in front turning for home, I thought hed win, because he usually hangs on. Hes been so good all year long, but it just shows that you cant win every race.He will be back for sure.Espinoza said: I am so proud of him, he ran a great race. Maybe in hindsight I should have let him roll a bit earlier. We have had our ups and downs, and I know what its like to be down and then come back.He was cruising, but weve probably met a good horse today.The pair finished a chasm clear of third-home Keen Ice, whose trainer Todd Pletcher bemoaned a lack of pace.The pace didnt really develop quite the way we thought it would, he said.We were hoping theyd mix it up more than they did. I thought he put in a good, long sustained run. He showed some guts and fought hard for third and showed some guts.Javier Castellano, who rode Keen Ice, added: Im very satisfied with the way he ran today. It was a good third place to the best horses in the country. Also See: Live results service Full racecards Get Sky Sports £10 completely free bet! Nike Free Wholesale Australia . The team says the Spain international has a muscle pull in his right leg. Barcelona hosts third-division side Cartagena in the return leg of their round-of-32 tie after winning their first meeting 4-1. Nike Free Cheap Australia . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. http://www.nikefreeaustralia.com/ . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and took the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. Nike Free Australia Online . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. Nike Free Shoes Australia .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St. TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays lost shortstop Troy Tulowitzki to a broken right thumb, then lost their grip on first place in the AL East.Tulowitzki hit a solo home run in the fourth inning, was hit by a pitch from Baltimores Chris Tillman in the sixth and left in the eighth. Toronto wound up losing 6-2 in the 12th.A little sore, it obviously got me pretty good, Tulowitzki said. Its blown up.The Blue Jays will wait for the swelling to go down before deciding whether to put Tulowitzki on the disabled list.Well see how he feels tomorrow and the next couple days, manager John Gibbons said.Tulowitzki said he could still play defense but could not hold a bat after being hit.If I was able to go, I definitely would have been in there, he said.Jonathan Schoop singled home the go-ahead run in the 12th inning as the Orioles ended a season-worst five-game losing streak and reclaimed the division lead.Adam Jones hit his 20th homer later in the 12th, a three-run shot that helped the Orioles avoid a three-game sweep and move a half-game ahead of the Blue Jays.We came here in first place and we going to try to maintain it, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. Its going to be tough.Mychael Givens (8-1) worked one inning for the victory as the Orioles won for the first time in six games at Toronto.Five Baltimore relievers combined to pitch 6 1/3 scoreless innings as the Orioles got their 26th bullpen win, the most in the majors.Tillman gave up two runs and five hits in 5 2/3 innings.Pedro Alvarez walked to begin the 12th and moved up on a balk by Franklin Morales (0-1). One out later, Schoop lined a single for his third hit of the game.After J.J. Harrdy walked, Jesse Chavez replaced Morales.dddddddddddd Jones greeted Chavez by homering on the first pitch.Toronto opened the scoring in the second when Russell Martin doubled and scored on Devon Travis groundout.Baltimore tied it in the seventh, ending Aaron Sanchezs streak of 19 shutout innings. After Chris Davis walked and Mark Trumbo doubled, Alvarez hit an RBI groundout and Matt Wieters followed with a sacrifice fly.Sanchez, who is unbeaten in 17 starts since April 22, allowed two runs and four hits in seven inningsSanchez has pitched 139 1/3 innings this season. His previous his was 133 1/3 between Double-A, Triple-A and the majors in 2014. Toronto intends to reduce Sanchezs workload by moving him to the bullpen at some point.I dont feel fatigued, Sanchez said. I havent felt fatigued all year.HOT OFF THE GRILLIBlue Jays RHP Jason Grilli struck out 13 of the 33 batters he faced in July.WORKING OVERTIMEThe Blue Jays are 4-7 in extra inning games.TRAINERS ROOMBlue Jays: Josh Donaldson started at DH after leaving Saturdays game in the eighth with a sore hamstring. He came on at 3B in after Darwin Barney moved to SS to replace Tulowitzki in the eighth.UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Dylan Bundy (3-3, 3.46) starts Tuesday against Rangers RHP Yu Darvish (2-2, 3.09). Bundy is 1-2 with a 4.50 ERA in three starts since joining the rotation.Blue Jays: RHP Marcus Stroman (8-4, 4.92) starts the opener of a four game-series at Houston. Stroman went 2-0 with a 3.71 ERA in five July starts after going 1/3 with a 7.76 ERA in June. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz