Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

01.03.2019 09:38
mangled his racket by slamming it to the cou Antworten

BOISE, Idaho -- Jeremy McNichols suggested just the play to spark Boise States struggling offense, and then the 15th-ranked Broncos just had to hang on from there.McNichols play resulted in an 80-yard touchdown run to break open a tight game, and Boise State withstood a late rally by Colorado State in a 28-23 win Saturday night.McNichols was untouched on the play, an inside run from a shotgun formation that put the Broncos up 21-3 late in the third quarter.We called the play earlier in the game and I almost broke that one, said McNichols, who rushed for a career-high 217 yards and two touchdowns. So when coach asked me what play to call, I told him we needed to call it again. And he called it.After the Broncos (6-0, 3-0 Mountain West) took a 28-3 lead early in the fourth quarter, Colorado State (3-4, 1-2) recovered two onside kicks in the final 6 minutes while scoring three straight TDs, cutting the deficit to five with 3:35 left.The Broncos recovered Colorado States third onside kick attempt and ran the clock down to 15 seconds before giving the Rams the ball at their own 27. Colorado State advanced the ball to the 40 on a play with multiple laterals, but a review ruled that a forward lateral was made, resulting in a 10-second runoff that ended the game.We came in tonight to make it a fourth quarter game, Colorado State coach Mike Bobo said. It wasnt the kind of fourth quarter game we envisioned, but we did what we had to do to have a chance at the end.The Rams became the first team to take a lead on Boise State this season when Wyatt Bryan kicked a 39-yard field goal with 7:24 remaining in the first quarter. The score snapped Boise States FBS school record of 306:36 without trailing.Colorado State, seeking its first road win of the season, struggled against a stingy defense for most of the game.However, the night belonged to McNichols, who also set career highs in 34 carries and 264 total yards.With Boise States offense sputtering, McNichols scored on runs of 5 and 80 yards to ignite the Broncos. McNichols has three runs of 80 yards or more in his career.That was a fight, Boise State coach Bryan Harsin said. There are certainly things to work on. Its hard to win every single week and come out prepared to win every single week. But Im fired up for our team and how they handled some adversity. Certainly at the end of the game, there are a lot of things we can learn from and coach from.Brett Rypien was 16-of-24 passing for 207 yards and one touchdown. Thomas Sperbeck led Boise States receiving corps with five catches for 72 yards and added an 11-yard touchdown pass to A.J. Richardson.Colorado State quarterback Nick Stevens was 17-of-31 passing for 184 yards and two touchdowns, while Dalyn Dawkins led the Rams on the ground with 66 yards.THE TAKEAWAYColorado State: Despite the loss, the Rams still have a good chance to become bowl eligible with three winnable conference games and a rivalry game with Air Force left on their schedule.Boise State: The Broncos remain in control of the Mountain Division and primed to return to the conference title game for the first time since 2014. However, they have yet to play Wyoming, which is the only other undefeated team in the division.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Broncos have an opportunity to move up in the AP Top 25 again this week after No. 12 Mississippi lost to 22nd-ranked Arkansas.TIP OF THE CAPLate in the first half, Boise State, which honored the 2007 Fiesta Bowl team before the game, ran the Statue of Liberty, the same play the Broncos ran on the game-winning 2-point conversion to beat Oklahoma, 43-42, in the Fiesta Bowl. However, it didnt go as well, resulting in a 3-yard loss.UP NEXTColorado State: The Rams stay on the road for an afternoon conference tilt with UNLV.Boise State: The Broncos stay home but have a short week to prepare for a Thursday night matchup with nonconference foe BYU. Discount Shoes Online . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. Wholesale Fashion Shoes .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. http://www.discountshoescheap.com/ . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Cheap Shoes Free Shipping . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. Cheap Shoes Nike .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. WASHINGTON -- Trailing in a tiebreaker against top-seeded John Isner, Steve Johnson managed to put a 146 mph serve into play and then decided to try something even more audacious: lob his 6-foot-10 opponent.Much to Johnsons surprise, the looping backhand worked, winning the point. Hanging in there against the big-serving Isner, Johnson weathered a total of 12 set points and withstood 29 aces to win their all-American quarterfinal at the Citi Open 7-6 (7), 7-6 (15) on Friday.Youre never too tall to lob. I thought he was going to close in really hard. And I just hit a good lob. I mean, thats about it, the fifth-seeded Johnson said about the point that came with Isner ahead 5-3 in the opening tiebreaker. I dont know if Ill ever try to lob him again and itll work, but luckily it worked today.Isners take?I love Stevie to death, he said, but I dont think that backhand lob he it -- I dont think he could do that all the time.Isner is a three-time runner-up at the hard-court tournament, including a year ago, when he beat Johnson in the semifinals. This time, Isner was unable to convert five set points in the opening frame and another seven in the second. When he lost the first tiebreaker on Johnsons forehand winner, Isner mangled his racket by slamming it to the court.The second tiebreaker was even longer and more excruciating for Isner. On his second set point, at 6-4, he got a good look at a short return by Johnson but shanked a forehand long.I dont think hell ever do that again, Johnson said. I dont know what happened.Heres how Isner explained it: I pulled up and got tentative.Not quite the longest tiebreaker of the season -- Isner lost one 18-16 last month -- it ended when he double-faulted for the only time in the nearly 2-hour contest to set up a sixth match point -- so lucky, Johnson said later -- then pushed a forehand wide.Johnson, ranked a career-beest 25th, won despite never earning a break point against Isner.dddddddddddd But Johnson saved all six break chances Isner accumulated and wound up with 22 aces himself.I certainly, in my opinion, put more pressure on him that he put on me, Isner said.Earlier Friday, sixth-seeded Jack Sock lost another two-tiebreaker match, beaten by 13th-seeded Ivo Karlovic of Croatia 7-6 (4), 7-6 (6).Karlovic hit 26 aces, saved all four break points he faced and reached the semifinals in Washington for the first time since 2007. Hell play Johnson on Saturday.Sock had a chance to force a third set against Karlovic, holding a set point at 6-5 in the second tiebreaker. But Karlovic erased that with -- what else? -- a 133 mph ace, then delivered a 130 mph service winner to get to match point. He won when Socks forehand clipped the net tape and flew wide.I feel like I scrap pretty well and get a lot of returns back and I still cant break the guy, Sock said. No matter who he plays -- any round, any tournament -- it comes down to a point here and there.The 37-year-old Karlovic, a 6-foot-11 Croatian, is coming off a title on grass at Newport, Rhode Island, last week.He is the oldest man to win an ATP singles tournament since 1979.Asked what its like to enter events where he could potentially face a teenager -- Zverev, for example, is 19 -- Karlovic replied: Yeah, I mean, I could be their daddy.After a brief pause, he added: And, I mean, who knows? Maybe I am.Then he cracked a big smile, rocked back in his chair and said, No, no, Im joking.The other semifinal will be second-seeded Gael Monfils against seventh-seeded Alexander Zverev. Monfils advanced by beating American Sam Querrey 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, while Zverev defeated No. 4 Benoit Paire 6-1, 6-3. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz