Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

29.04.2019 10:12
regular-season opener at Jacksonville on Sept. Antworten

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee coach Holly Warlick remains upbeat amid an extraordinarily difficult year.Pat Summitt, her predecessor and mentor, died in June after battling early-onset dementia, Alzheimers type. That followed a trying season in which Tennessee had a school-record 14 losses but surged down the stretch to reach an NCAA Tournament regional final.The upcoming season hasnt started, yet Warlicks team already is down to nine healthy scholarship players. Athletic director Dave Hart, who hired her to replace Summitt, just announced his pending retirement.No wonder shes so eager to turn the page with a new school year.Nobodys going to feel sorry for myself or this program, Warlick said. I just have to keep focusing on what I need to do to get better and the positive part of this team. Personally, yeah, it was difficult. It was extremely difficult.The toughest part came with the death of Summitt, who led the Lady Volunteers to eight national titles and 1,098 victories. Warlick played for Summitt and worked as an assistant coach on her staff for 27 seasons before taking over the program in 2012. Warlick said the sudden nature of Summitts death was a little bit of a shock to me.Id just seen her two weeks before and was going out for her birthday and (was told) she was asleep, Warlick said, I said, `Dont wake her up. Ill see her next week. And the next week led to, `You need to get over here. Pats not doing well and may not make it through the night.Warlick savored all the opportunities to talk basketball with Summitt, who remained on staff as head coach emeritus. Warlick said Summitts declining health prevented them from having in-depth conversations about the game, but they could still talk about general things such as whether the team needed to play harder or rebound better.Just having that presence there and knowing she watched the game, those things were important to me, Warlick said.Warlick said Tennessees current players gained a new appreciation for Summitt from the tributes that poured in after her death. Now they want to honor her by building on the momentum established during their surprising postseason run.That will require correcting the problems that arose during a 22-14 season. Warlick has raved about the teams offseason approach and particularly noted the leadership of senior guard Jordan Reynolds.At times we didnt lead by example last year, Warlick said. Sometimes wed get a little consumed about ourselves. It doesnt have that feel right now. It doesnt have that feel of, `Im worried about me. Its (about) trying to get this team in the right direction. Its a great feeling right now.The Lady Vols will need that kind of effort to overcome their lack of depth.Tea Cooper, the teams fourth-leading scorer as a freshman last year, will miss the entire 2016-17 season with a knee injury. Andraya Carter, who made 82 career starts, is forgoing her final season of eligibility due to a series of injuries. Warlick said the absence of those two guards could require Tennessee to play zone more frequently and to press less often.The uncertainty surrounding Tennessees athletic department makes this an intriguing season for Warlick, who has led the Lady Vols to regional finals in three of her four years on the job.Hart announced on Thursday he was stepping down June 30. Warlick had no head coaching experience when Hart chose her to run the program in 2012, but was the programs longtime assistant. Warlick noted his efforts in getting a statue of Summitt built on campus, planning locker-room improvements for the Lady Vols and aiding the athletic departments switch to Nike as its main apparel provider.When your athletic director leaves, I think all of us -- coaches, administrators, anybody here -- should be concerned, Warlick said. Daves the one that went out on a limb and hired me. Im appreciative of that.Warlick is responding to this latest challenge the same way shes faced every other obstacle.Its all about your attitude, Warlick said. I see the glass as half full. Roshes Shoes For Sale . PETERSBURG, Fla. Cheap Nike Roshe Shoes . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. http://www.cheapnikeroshe.com/ . JOHNS, N. Nike Roshes Cheap Online . LOUIS -- Cardinals cleanup hitter Allen Craig says hes recovered from a foot injury and ready to be put on St. Roshes On Sale . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. GREEN BAY, Wis. -- It appears?Jordy Nelson will go into the regular season without any preseason action.?The Green Bay Packers receiver said Sunday that he doesnt expect to play in Thursdays preseason finale at Kansas City. If thats the case, he will head into the regular-season opener at Jacksonville on Sept. 11 without a single game rep since he tore the ACL in his right knee more than a year ago.Nelson, who was activated off the physically unable to perform list on Aug. 17, went through pregame warm-ups before each of the last two preseason games but then watched from the sidelines in street clothes.I think if everything wouldve gone smooth coming into camp, we wouldve been in a different situation, said Nelson, who had a setback with his left knee shortly before training camp. But its the situation were in, and I think weve handled it well. Were where we need to be. We have two weeks of what most likely for me will be normal practices going into Jacksonville, and I think well be ready to go.In practice last week, Nelson did only selected individual drills. In fact, he called his first outing?hardly even a practice.The intensity should ramp up this week. Nelson said he expected to do some team (11-on-11) drills in practice on Monday and Tuesday even if its just running scout-team reps with Aaron Rodgerrs and the rest of the starters who arent expected to play.ddddddddddddIts important for Jordy to get a ton of work this week with Aaron, Packers?coach Mike?McCarthy said. Thats really the focus. I feel very good about where he is. Its just reps and just the coordination with the concepts that were preparing to do. But I think Jordy looks great.Holding Nelson out of the preseason finale isnt only a precautionary move. Given that Rodgers and the rest of the starters arent expected to play against the Chiefs, McCarthy?wouldnt send Nelson out with the backups.Obviously, I havent practiced a full practice, Nelson said. So thats part of it. If I were to go this week -- which, I havent been told Im not, I would assume Im not -- I might be the only one going this week. That might be the other reason.Nelson last played in a game on Aug. 23, 2015, when he tore the ACL in his right knee. He sat out the entire offseason with his eye on being cleared for the start of training camp. That didnt happen because Nelson sustained an injury to his left knee while working out over the summer. So far, hes had only two official practices plus two other light workouts that were closed to the public. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz