Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

28.04.2019 11:41
e atop the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League o Antworten

A roundup of the past weeks notable boxing results from around the world:Saturday at Reading, PADenis Shafikov TKO10 Jamel Herring Lightweights Records: Shafikov (37-2-1, 20 KOs); Herring (15-1, 8 KOs)Rafaels remarks: For reasons that shall forever remain a mystery, Shafikov was the underdog in this fight with fellow southpaw Herring, which headlined a Premier Boxing Champions card on ESPN. The betting line made no sense and it should not be a surprise to anyone that the 31-year-old Russian contender won the fight.The 5-foot-5 Shafikov -- who easily overcame a four-inch height disadvantage -- is far more experienced than Herring, 30, of Coram, New York (but fighting out of Cincinnati). Herring was taking an enormous step up in competition while Shafikov has faced far superior opponents. His only two defeats (both by unanimous decision) came in world title fights against slick boxers: Rances Barthelemy for a vacant 135-pound belt in his previous fight in December and then-titleholder Miguel Vazquez in 2014. Herring is not a slick boxer like those two guys and was in front of Shafikov all night, which played to his strength.In a fan-friendly fight, Shafikov pressed the action and dropped Herring with a right hook in the second round. He rocked Herring in the fifth round with an overhand left and then assaulted him with a flurry of power punches while Herring was on the ropes. Herring, bleeding from the mouth, showed a lot of heart to stay on his feet. By the seventh round, Herring was cut over the right eye and getting hammered. He took a bad beating in the ninth round in which referee Gary Rosato probably should have stopped the fight. He did not, even though Herring appeared out on his feet. Herrings corner should have pulled him out of the fight after the ninth round, but his team sent him out for the 10th round and he got blasted some more until his corner threw in the towel and Rosado stopped the fight at 36 seconds.He was a tough opponent, Shafikov said. I kept hurting him, but he kept coming back. After I knocked him down, I felt that I was in control of the fight, but my corner wanted the stoppage as they did not think that I could get a decision here. I was very comfortable in the ring and now I feel that I deserve another title shot. This time I will not let that slip away.Herring, a former U.S. Marine who served two tours of duty in Iraq and was captain of the 2012 U.S. Olympic boxing team, would have loved a big win on July 4th weekend but was not ready for an opponent the caliber of Shafikov.I fought his fight and could not make the adjustments, Herring said. I got caught pulling out with my hands down. I was surprised by his punch rate. Every time that I felt that I was slowing him down, he would just come fight back. I did not want the fight to be stopped, but my corner did the best thing for me. Losing is part of the game and all the greats have taken losses. I will be back.Patryk Szymanski W10 Silky Wilky Campfort Junior middleweights Scores: 99-91 (twice), 98-92 Records: Szymanski (16-0, 9 KOs); Campfort (21-3, 12 KOs)Rafaels remarks: Szymanski, 23, of Poland, faced the best opponent of his career so far in Campfort and scored a clear win in a fight that was bit more difficult than the scores would appear to indicate.Overall, Szymanski -- despite a bloody nose early in the fight -- was the better boxer and used his size advantage to bully Campfort, who he hurt with a right hand in the fourth round and forced him into the ropes. Campfort rebounded in the fifth round and seemed to have some success in the middle rounds, but Szymanski, sharp with his jab, continued to box the sloppier Campfort and put rounds in the bank to nail down his best pro victory in an entertaining bout. In the final round, Szymanski momentarily hurt Campfort with a right hand. Campfort, 31, born in Haiti and based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, lost his second fight in a row after being knocked out in the fourth round challenging Jermall Charlo for his 154-pound world title in November.He was an experienced guy and put pressure on, Szymanski said. He was a tough test but I came through and I did well. He landed some good shots, but he never hurt me.Said Campfort, It was a good fight, but he didnt come to fight. He came to run and hold, and the referee was not on my side. I have no excuses. He won the fight.Also on the card, 36-year-old former welterweight titlist Kermit Cintron (37-5-2, 28 KOs), born in Puerto Rico but fighting out of Reading, won an eight-round decision against Carlos Garcia (10-16-1, 8 KOs), 27, of Puerto Rico in a junior middleweight fight. Scores were 80-72, 79-73 and 79-73. The win was Cintrons second since May 6, when he ended a 26-month retirement.Saturday at Mexico CityGanigan Lopez W12 Jonathan Taconing Retains a junior flyweight title Scores: 119-108, 118-109, 115-112 Records: Lopez (28-6, 17 KOs); Taconing (22-3-1, 18 KOs)Rafaels remarks: On March 4, Lopez, 34, of Mexico, traveled to Japan and won an upset majority decision against hometown fighter Yu Kimura to win a 108-pound world title in his second world title opportunity, having lost the first one two fights earlier (a unanimous decision to countryman Pedro Guevara last July). Returning to his hometown, Lopez made his first title defense against fellow southpaw Taconing, 29, of the Philippines, and won rather easily.Taconing came to fight and had his moments, but Lopez was the better boxer, displayed more consistency with his punches and kept Taconing at bay with a solid jab. Taconing was aggressive but way too many of his punches were wild and wild, giving Lopez time to get out of range of the incoming. In the eighth round, referee Tom Taylor penalized Taconing one point for head butting after one opened a small cut over Lopezs right eye. The 115-112 scorecard was far too generous for the challenger.Taconing, whose nine-fight winning streak was snapped, was getting his second shot at a world title since losing a fifth-round technical decision in 2012 challenging Kompayak Porpramook for his junior flyweight belt in Thailand when Porpramook was unable to continue after suffering a cut over his eye from an accidental head butt.In the flyweight co-feature, former junior flyweight titlist Guevara (28-2-1, 17 KOs), 27, of Mexico, won his second bout in a row since losing the belt, mustering an eighth-round technical decision against 30-year-old countryman Ruben Montoya (14-4-1, 9 KOs). The fight was stopped after an accidental headbutt and sent to the scorecards, where Guevara prevailed 80-72, 79-73, 78-74.Saturday at PittsburghAmir Imam TKO3 Wilfredo Acuna Junior Welterweights Records: Imam (19-1, 17 KOs); Acuna (16-20, 12 KOs)Rafaels remarks: Imam, 25, was a mandatory world title challenger for titleholder Viktor Postol but took a supposed tune-up fight in November and stunningly got knocked out by Adrian Granados in a huge upset. Making a low-key return, Imam squared off against Acuna, a 34-year-old southpaw from Nicaragua with virtually no chance to win. Sure enough, Imam returned to the win column, stopping Acuna with little trouble, just as expected.Two other Don King-promoted fighters also appeared on the Pinnacle Boxing-promoted show and notched victories. Former cruiserweight world titleholder Guillermo Jones (41-3-2, 31 KOs), 44, of Panama, who has twice been suspended for PED use, outpointed 34-year-old Philadelphia journeyman Garrett Wilson (16-11-1, 9 KOs) over six rounds. Heavyweight prospect Trevor Bryan (17-0, 11 KOs), 26, of Schenectady, New York, won a six-round decision against 25-year-old Saint Joseph, Missouri journeyman Galen Brown (44-34-1, 25 KOs).Friday at Tepic, MexicoJose Argumedo W12 Julio Mendoza Retains a strawweight title Scores: 119-109, 118-110 (twice) Records: Argumendo (18-3-1, 10 KOs); Mendoza (11-5, 3 KOs)Rafaels remarks: In December, Argumedo, 27, of Mexico, traveled to Osaka, Japan, and pulled an upset when he won a ninth-round technical decision to dethrone 105-pound world titleholder Katsunari Takayama. Argumedo returned to make his first defense in his hometown against Mendoza, 23, of Nicaragua, and rolled to a lopsided decision win. Argumedo won his fourth fight in a row since a 10-round split decision loss to Carlos Velarde in May 2014. Mendoza dropped to 1-2 in his last three fightsFriday at Khon Kaen, ThailandKnockout CP Freshmart W12 Byron Rojas Wins a strawweight title Scores: 115-113 (three times) Records: Freshmart (13-0, 6 KOs); Rojas (17-3-3, 8 KOs)Rafaels remarks: In March, Rojas, 26, of Nicaragua, traveled to South Africa and pulled a major upset when he won a unanimous decision - 115-113 on all three scorecards -- against hometown fighter Hekkie Budler, one of the divisions rising stars. Making his first defense, Rojas traveled to Thailand, the home turf of the 25-year-old Freshmart and lost by the same scores in a close, boring fight filled with hugging, wrestling and holding. So many rounds were repetitive with the same lack of action and incessant holding that its no wonder the scores were close; you could have flipped a coin on many of the rounds. Freshmart entered the ring as the interim titleholder, a belt he defended three times, but the WBA finally ordered the mandatory bout in an effort to reduce the number of divisions in which it absurdly sanctions three titleholders. Adidas Ultra Boost Cheap Sale .B. -- The Baie-Comeau Drakkar took over sole possession of first place atop the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Thursday with their sixth straight win. Adidas Ultra Boost Wholesale . Colin Wilson had two goals and an assist, and Mike Fisher scored a goal and helped set up two others in the Predators 6-4 victory over the Red Wings on Monday night. http://www.cheapauthenticultraboost.com/ .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. Adidas Ultra Boost Clearance Sale . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. Cheap Authentic Ultra Boost .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head.Phil Thompson watched Tottenhams 1-1 home draw with Leicester and gives his analysis in Match in a Minute. Spurs have now drawn three successive games in the Premier League and have not won in five matches in all competitions.Vincent Janssen gave Spurs the lead with his first league goal, converting from the penalty spot in the 44th minute after he had been fouled by Robert Huth. But Ahmed Musa equalised shortly after half-time as the Foxes claimed their first away point of the season, frustrating once again the side they pipped to the title last term.Jan Vertonghen headed against the bar late on ffor Spurs, who travel to north London rivals Arsenal next weekend.ddddddddddddSpeaking afterwards, Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino told Sky Sports: We were very disappointed with the way we conceded the goal. They had only one shot on target, all the stats are in our favour, and we feel very disappointed after that game.Hit play on the video at the top of the page to see what Phil Thompson made of the match. Also See: Spurs 1-1 Leicester As it happened Table Live on Sky ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz