Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

20.04.2019 09:26
Hernandez: "Im just being honest. Antworten

When point guard Kiana Williams sets up a teammate for an open shot, she has a habit of yelling -- really yelling -- an emphatic two-word phrase.Yes, maam!What happens next is almost always a bucket.When she yells, Yes, maam, it makes you feel good, teammate DaNasia Hood said. It gives you confidence.Williams, who plays for Wagner (San Antonio), has given her teammates and coaches full confidence for years. She averaged 17 points, five rebounds, four assists and 2.5 steals last season, earning first-team Class 6A all-state honors.Shes also the No. 8 player in the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100 for the 2017 class. This weekend, the 5-foot-7 Williams will make an official visit to Stanford, and she could make a decision on college by Sunday. Shes also considering Oregon State, Baylor and Texas Tech.Williams, 17, certainly has the credentials for college -- she owns a 4.0 GPA and ranks 14th in her senior class. She enjoys math and English and is interested in a career as a sports commentator.If somebody makes a higher grade than me, I want to do even more, said Williams, whose goal is to be ranked in the top 10 by the end of the school year. Im very competitive.Catching onWilliams, the daughter of LaChelle and Michael Williams, learned how to compete from watching her family. Michael played linebacker at Texas Southern University. And Kianas oldest brother, 30-year-old Chancy Campbell, was a running back at Abilene Christian University.When Kiana was in third grade, she asked her father to teach her basketball. Michael, who admits he is old school, told his daughter that girls dont play basketball. Kiana insisted, and her reluctant father went with her to their front yard and winged a pass her way. It hit her in the head.I threw it pretty hard, said Michael, who was about 10 yards away. It hit her in the face, and she went back inside to her mother, crying.Kiana said the ball hit her above her right eye, causing some redness.Undeterred, Kiana regrouped and dragged her father back outside. Same thing ... Dad took aim, and the ball hit her in the head again.Kiana finally caught the ball on the third try. At that point, her father decided she was ready for the next step.That phase of Kianas basketball education, while not as painful, was unexpected as well. Rather than go to a park to shoot, Michael spent an entire month with Kiana in the driveway of their house, practicing dribbling.Only when she had sufficiently mastered that skill did she start learning how to shoot.Those were teachable moments, Kiana said. Ive grown so much from those experiences. It taught me mental and physical toughness.Williams said the ball-handling drills she did with her father have stuck with her long-term.You cant create your own shot if you cant dribble, she said. Its a process, and I needed to stay patient and develop my skills.By the time Williams was in fourth grade, she had a hoop in her driveway, and her father had started an AAU basketball team called SA Hoopers. All the girls on the team were in sixth grade except for Williams. Two years later, Williams was playing -- and starring -- against girls who were five grades ahead of her.Michael, who had once thought that basketball wasnt for girls, now knows he was wrong.Shes the best athlete in the family, he said, hands down.The next stepIn the Williams household, there is a definite pecking order: God first, then school and then basketball. Even so, Williams often wakes up at 5 a.m. to put up shots at her high school gym.Koty Cowgill, her AAU coach with SA Finest, has known Williams since she was in seventh grade, and he has always been impressed. Back then, he was an assistant coach at the University of Texas-San Antonio, and he was well aware that Williams was a high end point guard.You could see the development -- you could see it coming, Cowgill said. You could see she had the tools to become what she is today -- a player with great speed who is versatile and under control. She defends end to end and makes the game easier for her teammates. She would fit in any system.To get even better, Cowgill said, Williams needs to get stronger, continue to work on her 3-point shot and fine-tune her education as a point guard.Its just having that masters degree in point guard play, Cowgill said. That is on the near horizon for her because she is really bright, and people gravitate toward her. Nobody will ever question her integrity or her heart.Williams, who is a fan of the Fast and the Furious film series, has a need for speed on the court, and it looks like she will be able to run full throttle this season. Theres a new coach at Wagner, Jeff Ogden. He was a boys head coach at San Antonio Edison, but he jumped at the chance to coach Wagners girls.I coach basketball, Ogden said. It doesnt matter to me, boys or girls. The opportunity was there, and I went for it because Wagner is a great program.It didnt hurt, however, knowing that Williams was in place. Ogden has known Kiana and her family for several years, coaching as a fellow assistant at a previous stop alongside Chancy. Williams was in seventh grade at the time, and she used to come visit her brother at the Sam Houston High gym.Kiana would come to shootarounds, Ogden said, and I could tell she had a lot of talent.On the first day after Ogden was hired at Wagner, he met with Williams and did something he said was completely spontaneous.I pulled some keys out of my pocket and I handed them to her, Ogden said. I told her, You are driving us this season. Im just the GPS. Sure enough, Williams comes by Ogdens class almost every day. Sometimes they talk about basketball, and other times they talk about life. Williams has taken ownership of the team. Sometimes she will grab a post player in practice and work with her for 30 minutes; sometimes she will stop a drill and have her teammates run it again if it has not been executed properly.She gets the whole team right, Hood said. If we do something wrong, she will tell us in a respectful way.And if they do something right?Yes, maam! Adidas Shoes Clearance Sale .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. Adidas Nz Womens Shoes . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. http://www.cheapadidasshoesnz.com/ . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. Cheap Adidas Shoes Nz . With the first unit struggling of late and Amir Johnson - one of the teams iron men - hobbling on an injured right ankle, Patterson knew he could get the nod in a challenging matchup against one of the leagues up and coming players at his position. Discount Adidas Nz . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta.SEATTLE -- After eight innings, Felix Hernandez said he was done. The Milwaukee Brewers certainly had seen enough, too. Hernandez left after pitching four-hit ball, leading the Seattle Mariners over the Brewers 2-0 Sunday. Hernandez (12-5) struck out nine and walked one in his first career appearance against Milwaukee. The 2010 AL Cy Young winner leads the league with a 2.28 ERA and is second with 178 strikeouts. This was the eighth time this year that he pitched at least eight innings. He was on track for his possible 10th career shutout, but a 20-pitch eighth inning pushed his pitch count to 108. Acting Mariners manager Robby Thompson visited with Hernandez between innings and determined "he was at the end of his rope." Said Hernandez: "Im just being honest. I dont want to go out there, tired and lose the game." Hernandez improved to 16-7 with a 2.63 in 30 career interleague starts, including 3-0 with a 1.16 ERA in four starts this season. Danny Farquhar worked the ninth for his fourth save. Wily Peralta (8-12) pitched a complete game and allowed four hits. He walked none and struck out four. Justin Smoak hit a solo home run in the fifth, his 13th. Hernandez allowed just one hit over his first five innings, a second-inning double by Juan Francisco. He was left stranded at third. The Brewers had two hits in the sixth but still sent only three batters to the plate. Martin Maldonado opened with a bunt single but was eliminated on a double play. Jean Segura then singled to deep short, but 41-year-old catcher Henry Blanco threw him out at second oon steal attempt.dddddddddddd. "He still throws them out," Hernandez said. "Unbelievable." The Mariners, who lost the first two games in the series, ended a 12-inning scoreless streak with a gift run in the third. Dustin Ackley opened with a double to left and moved to third on Brendan Ryans right-side groundout. On a 1-0 pitch to Blanco, Peralta bounced a fastball in front of the plate. The wild pitch caromed off catcher Martin Maldonados shoulder and rolled several feet away. Ackley sprinted home for a 1-0 score. Brewers manager Ron Roenicke added that Hernandez "is one of the best pitchers in the game for the few years now." "Wily was really good. Really should have given up one run," he said. NOTES: Mariners manager Eric Wedge, who has missed 18 games recovering from his July 22 mild stroke, visited the team before the game. He said he hopes to manage again when the team returns for its next homestand Aug. 23. ... Acting manager Robby Thompson said Mariners pitcher Hisashi Iwakuma "jammed" his back Saturday against the Brewers. "I talked to him a little bit. He said he was fine. He should be good to go," Thompson said. ... The Brewers this weekend became the final Major League Baseball team to play a regular-season game at Safeco Field. Before Friday, the last time Milwaukee played a regular-season game in Seattle was Aug. 12, 1997, at the Kingdome. ... The Brewers franchise actually began in Seattle. After one season as the expansion Seattle Pilots, the club moved to Milwaukee to play as the Brewers in 1970. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz