Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

20.04.2019 09:25
team, but to some form of higher power or c Antworten

NEW YORK -- This one will stick with Daniel Evans for a long time.The Briton twice led world No. 3 Stan Wawrinka by a set and had a match point in the fourth-set tiebreaker but went on to lose the biggest match of his life 4-6, 6-3, 6-7(6), 7-6(8), 6-2.Just a bit of a heartbreaker really, Evans later told a press conference. I dont really know what to say. It was a tough one to take. Probably hurt a bit for a while. Disappointing how it played out.Evans left Louis Armstrong Stadium to a standing ovation after a warm exchange with the Swiss at the net. But his mind was still dwelling on those missed opportunities.As well as his failing to convert a match point, the 26-year-old was left to dwell on botching what seemed to be a simple smash at 7-7 in that tiebreaker.Listen, Im thinking about that smash to put it away, he said candidly. Ive never been in that situation before, especially against someone as good as him. Its just not easy, is it? I mean, being that close, I was thinking about winning the match. Whoever says you dont think about winning the match at that point is full of it.I just hit it to the wrong side. Actually hit it down the middle. The small things in those matches make big differences. Why I hit it down the middle -- I never hit the smash ever down the middle. Its beyond me, so... Such is life.After four hours, three minutes, the two-time Grand Slam champion finally prevailed, with Evans body and mind giving up on him.I was physically pretty tired, said Evans. Subconsciously, mentally as well I was hurt a bit. Just one of those things. In the fifth set, hes obviously a class opponent. I sort of knew that was the chance in the fourth set. Its just a difficult one really to take.History was on the line -- if Evans had won, it would have been the first time in the Open Era, at any Grand Slam, that three British men reached the last 16, following Andy Murray and Kyle Edmunds wins.The 26-year-old was visibly devastated at missing out, and suggested he is a doubt to feature in Britains Davis Cup semifinal due to a foot injury.Disgrace! Evans had shouted at the chair umpire, after calling for the trainer in the fifth set only to have his problem diagnosed as cramp. Its my body, not his body.The physio said I had cramp, which I didnt have, he added. My foot is sore. I actually asked for the trainer in the middle of the game, and he just wouldnt treat me. He said he was just going to treat me for the normal timeout. I didnt want to be treated by him because he was wrong.But Evans shouldnt be too disheartened. He truly arrived at this tournament -- no longer can it be considered that he has squandered his talents.He will reach a new career-high ranking near the top 50, but that will be no consolation to him right now.To come off again losing that, after being in that position, is just something I need to get out of my head pretty quick, get away for a bit, he said. I think its a good idea. Discount NFL Jerseys . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale . Already owning gold from competition in Vancouver in 2010, Loch posted a combined four-run time of 3:27.526. That included a track-record third run of 51. http://www.cheapjerseysfanatics.com/ . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. Cheap Jerseys From China . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. Poor Lewis Hamilton. Its one thing to lose what looks like being a guaranteed race win when you have yourself to blame -- making a mistake and putting it in the wall, or colliding with a backmarker when blue flag frustration becomes too much to bear -- and another thing entirely when your loss looks to have been an act of god.Mechanical failures are the worst way to retire, feeling as though the wheel of fortune has spun you from top to bottom so rapidly that theres nothing left but the twin senses of injustice and despair, and perhaps a little nausea on the side.When reports of Hamiltons post-race statements in the TV pen began to filter into the press room -- someone doesnt want me to win -- the initial assumption was that the Mercedes driver was referring to some form of celestial power, be it god, the universe, or karma.But once the full selection of quotes had been transcribed, it rather looked as though Hamilton was pointing the figure not at the big guy upstairs, but at nefarious forces within his own team. He may not have used the word himself, but the implication was more sabotage than it was shoddy luck.My questions are to Mercedes -- we have lost so many engines, Hamilton told the BBC immediately after the race. There are eight drivers and mine are the only ones who has failed. Someone has to give me some answers and it is not acceptable. Something or someone doesnt want me to win this year.Its a brand new engine, he added. Ive done one race with it. I did P3 with it, qualifying, its a brand new engine from the three that I had. Its just odd. Theres been like 43 engines from Mercedes [this season] and only mine have gone.But an hour or so later, having had time to reflect, Hamilton told his open print media session that his comments referred not to the team, but to some form of higher power or celestial being.It feels right now that the man above, or a higher power is intervening a little bit but I feel like Ive been blessed with so many big opportunities, firstly being here with all these people around here, the opportunity in this great team winning the last two championships. Lots and lots of big trophies and recordss that Im breaking time and time [again].dddddddddddd..While Lewis can hardly be blamed for feeling himself to be a victim of a string of reliability issues that have plagued car #44 -- and only #44 -- since the start of the season, it is unfortunate that the Briton felt the need to make comments that appeared to ask questions of his own team (and the associated Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains, based in Brixworth). Fomenting discontent within the ranks -- even unwittingly, and even in the passionate heat of 25 points lost -- rarely does anyone any favours.That this latest failure came at a race which would have seen Hamilton equal Nico Rosberg in the championship standings will have been a real kick in the teeth. That it took place at a grand prix paid for by Mercedes team sponsor Petronas wont have helped matters either. And the fact that when Hamilton drew his stricken car to a stop it was on the very part of the track painted with Petronas branding will have been good news only for the right place, right time snappers now able to command high prices for their photos of the incident.Toto Wolff burying his head in his hands on the global television feed says it all about the feeling in the Mercedes garage on Sunday afternoon. This could have been the weekend in which Mercedes sewed up the constructors championship, and now that most profitable of moments will be delayed by at least one more race weekend. The fact that the WCC is essentially inevitable -- and has been since what feels like the dawn of time -- hardly helps.Following Hamiltons understandable yet undesirable outburst, Mercedes will head to Suzuka with a sense of discomfort within the ranks. Winning races and titles is very much a team effort, and despite the praise Hamilton heaped on his own race crew, the very fact that one of the teams drivers is publicly asking questions that imply (at best) bias and (at worst) outright sabotage is only going to lower morale in a team that should be celebrating their most dominant season yet. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz