Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

17.04.2019 10:47
eighth, fanning Pedro Alvarez to keep the s Antworten

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- While Cam Newton called the latest police shooting in Charlotte, North Carolina embarrassing, the Carolina Panthers quarterback says hes not rushing to any judgments until he has more information.The league MVP did have some strong comments Wednesday about social injustice and the African-American community.My big thing is holding people accountable- no matter what the race, no matter what the gender is, no matter what the age is., Newton said at his weekly news conference Wednesday.Keith Lamont Scott, a 43-year-old African-American man, was shot and killed Tuesday by a black police officer, sparking a violent protest early Wednesday morning about 15 miles from the teams stadium. More than a dozen police officers were injured during the protest. There also was vandalism to police vehicles and looting.Newton said that while he doesnt see things through a black-white lens, he does realize that people view him as a spokesman for the African-American community because of his stature in the NFL.Im an African-American and Im not happy how the justice has been dealt with over the years, and the state of oppression in our community, but we also as black people have to do right by ourselves, Newton said. We cant be hypocrites.Newton went on to say, From being a black person, there is a lot of black people that dont do right by black people, so you cant be a hypocrite and just say `Oh a white man or a white police officer killed a black man. Now thats still messed up and Im not sitting up here and saying thats ok.I am saying we have to have a clear eye vision on both sides and starts with everyone holding each other accountable and policing yourselves.Newton is unsure if his teammates plan to join Colin Kaepernick in a silent protest before Carolinas home Sunday against Minnesota. Kaepernick has been protesting against the oppression of African-Americans and minorities, and police brutality by kneeling during the national anthem.Newton did praise Kaepernicks stance, which includes calling for responsible parties to be held accountable.I salute Colin Kaepernick for what he stands for, but at the end of day I can make a stand in my own right, Newton said. That is why I have a foundation and I have been trying to do anything and everything to bring the city of Charlotte, or wherever I am around, and impact it in a positive way. Im hoping people see that and do the same thing.Some of Newtons teammates took to Twitter to express their outrage at the police shooting.Wide receiver Philly Brown tweeted This is becoming crazy!!! Makes it hard not to stand up!!However, Brown told reporters he doesnt think he will protest before the game.Panthers safety Tre Boston tweeted, Wow this actually hurts, a city Ive grown to love. Charlotte what are we doing? This is in my backyard. We must do better (hash)KeithLamontScottBoston sent a second tweet saying he was talking about the officers actions, not the protests.He did not comment when asked in the locker room about his tweets, saying he had to go lift weights instead.Authorities had to use tear gas to disperse the protests in North Carolinas largest city, which joins Milwaukee, Baltimore and Ferguson, Missouri, on the list of U.S. cities that erupted in violence over the death of black men at the hands of police.The Charlotte protest came on the heels of hundreds of protesters rallying Tuesday night outside police headquarters in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma , following the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man Friday by police.Panthers coach Ron Rivera said he felt it is not fair for the media to ask players about the police shootings since many of them arent informed about what is happening in the world around them even though several of his players had expressed an opinion on social media.Rivera believes those questions should be directed toward political officials who should work toward change.Thats a tough issue, Rivera said. Weve got a whole bunch of young men in that locker room, you guys all want to ask what they think about it. Im not sure how many of them know whats going on.So I dont think its fair for us to be put in a position to make comments about stuff that we really dont know about. The thing we have to do is hope things get fixed, get fixed quickly and so we can keep going forward.Rivera said maybe instead of tearing up the city that people should get out and vote if they want change.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Kent Tekulve Jersey . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . Dave Parker Jersey . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. http://www.pittsburghpiratesprostore.us/Roberto-Clemente-pirates-jersey/ .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Barry Bonds Jersey . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. Custom Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Todd Frazier wasnt going to let left-hander Francisco Liriano get another fastball by him. He guessed right and hit one a long way. Frazier and Zack Cozart hit upper-deck homers off Liriano, and the Cincinnati Reds moved a season-high 15 games over .500 by beating the Pittsburgh Pirates 4-1 on Monday night. The Reds (43-28) hit four solo homers in all, extending their best start since 1995, the last time they won a playoff series. The win also kept Cincinnati in second place in the NL Central, a game and a half ahead of the Pirates. Cozart connected on a hanging slider in the fourth and Frazier hit a down-the-middle fastball in the sixth off Liriano (5-3), who hadnt allowed a homer in his seven previous starts. He opened the season on the disabled list, recovering from a broken right arm last December. During a game in Pittsburgh this season, Liriano tied up Frazier with a fastball. He had that in mind when he came to bat and got one on the first pitch. "That one felt pretty good," Frazier said. "He tried to get one past in Pittsburgh and I got enough of it to get a single. I was looking for it, and got my (front) foot down sooner and got some good wood on it." Joey Votto and Jay Bruce connected in the eighth inning off Bryan Morris. Bruce has three homers during a five-game hitting streak. Mike Leake (7-3) extended the best stretch of his four-year career, giving up six hits -- including Russell Martins RBI double -- in seven innings. Leake got 13 outs off ground balls and fanned three. "Hes pitching with confidence and pitching a little harder," manager Dusty Baker said. "He just goes about his business with no fanfare. Theres no difference in his personality." The right-hander is 5-1 in his last seven starts with a 1.15 earned run average, showing why the Reds made him their first-round pick in the June 2009 draft. "Hes been doing this for three months now and building up to this," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "Thats a guy that can pitch. Thats what hes evolved into. He pitched as well as Ive ever seen him." With seven wins, Leake is only five shy of his career high from the 2011 season. He went right to the majors after the Reds drafted him out of Arizona State, going 8-4 as a rookie. "Im a little bit more motivated," Leake said.dddddddddddd "I think my heads back in college, pitching-wise, and Im thinking a little better." Tony Cingrani made his first relief appearance this season and pitched out of a two-on threat in the eighth, fanning Pedro Alvarez to keep the score 2-1. Cingrani joined the rotation when Johnny Cueto went on the disabled list, and the Reds kept him around with Cueto back so theyd have another left-hander in their depleted bullpen. Aroldis Chapman pitched the ninth for his 18th save in 20 chances, walking one and fanning two. The Ohio River rivals have occupied the second and third spots in the NL Central most of the season, staying right behind the torrid Cardinals. The Pirates have gone 4-2 against the Reds at PNC Park, where theyve won 25 games overall, tied with Cincinnati for most home wins in the majors. Its their first visit of the season to Cincinnati. The Pirates went only 3-6 at Great American Ball Park last season, unable to take advantage of its hitter-friendly dimensions. Liriano gave up Cozarts seventh homer in the fourth inning, extending the shortstops hitting streak to seven games. Frazier hit his ninth homer in the sixth inning for a 2-1 lead, a drive that also landed in the upper deck in left field and was estimated at 443 feet. Several nice defensive plays also helped to keep it close. Starling Marte made a diving, backhand catch of Brandon Phillips slicing line drive to left field in the third inning, forcing the Reds to strand a runner at second base. Cozart turned a couple of tough-hop grounders into outs, preventing the Pirates from threatening in the early innings. NOTES: Marte was back in the lineup batting leadoff. He was out of the lineup the last four games with a strained left oblique. ... RH A.J. Burnett, who went on the 15-day DL last Thursday with a strained right calf, wont do much for the next three days. ... LH Wandy Rodriguez, on the DL with a sore left forearm, threw in the bullpen on Monday. Hes eligible to be activated on Friday. ... Reds OF Chris Heisey started a rehab assignment at Triple-A Louisville. Hes been on the DL since April 29 with an injured right hamstring. ... NASCAR drivers Bobby Labonte and Kevin Harvick threw ceremonial pitches. Hits king Pete Rose watched the game from behind home plate. He attends several games a season in his hometown. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz