Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

16.04.2019 08:54
treatment is administered in Ireland, Antworten

LOS ANGELES -- After nearly getting no-hit and watching one of their most popular players traded Thursday, the Los Angeles Dodgers now get the privilege of facing the Chicago Cubs, owners of the best record in baseball.The teams square off in a three-game series beginning Friday at Dodger Stadium.The Dodgers took two of three from the rival San Francisco Giants the past three days, but Matt Moores gem in the series finale stood out more than the wins. Moore pitched 8 2/3 innings of no-hit ball before a Corey Seager bloop single ruined the bid in a 4-0 San Francisco victory.The trade of well-liked catcher A.J. Ellis to the Philadelphia Phillies for catcher Carlos Ruiz hours stunned many in the Dodgers clubhouse before the game, but first baseman Adrian Gonzalez said the distraction didnt affect the performance on the field.I think we were ready to go and played our best, said Gonzalez, who had his 17-game hitting streak snapped in an 0-for-3 effort.Southern California native Mike Montgomery (1-1, 2.77 ERA) will face the Dodgers for the first time in his career while making his second start for the Cubs. Montgomery delivered in impressive fashion in his first start on Saturday at Colorado, taking a no-hitter into the fifth inning before departing after allowing a solo homer to Nick Hundley.Overall, Montgomery is 1-0 with a 0.87 ERA in his past five games.Montgomery, who was acquired by Chicago from the Seattle Mariners on July 20, has made 19 career starts in the majors, compiling a 5-7 record with a 4.34 ERA.Cubs catcher David Ross will be playing in his final series against Los Angeles. Ross, who is retiring at seasons end, started his major league career with the Dodgers in 2002.Im just excited about going back to where it all started, Ross told the Chicago Tribune. Being on the West Coast was different for a guy being from Florida. The whole California thing was just different than how I was raised and how things are out here.The Cubs (81-45) were off Thursday after completing a sweep of the San Diego Padres on Wednesday. Chicago has won eight of its past 10 games. The Cubs captured three of four from Los Angeles in a series May 30-June 2 at Wrigley Field.Bud Norris will start for the National League West leading-Dodgers (71-56). Norris last pitched in relief on Monday at Cincinnati, where he gave up for a run on two hits in two-thirds of an inning.Norris (6-10, 4.69 ERA) last started Aug. 19 against the Reds, allowing six runs on seven hits in 3 2/3 innings and taking the loss as the Dodgers fell 9-2. He struck out three and tied a season high with four walks.Since joining the Dodgers on June 30, he is 3-3 with a 5.67 ERA.Norris last faced the Cubs on June 10 as a member of the Atlanta Braves, allowing one run on four hits with six strikeouts and no walks in seven innings, earning the win in the Braves 5-1 victory.For his career, Norris is 5-5 with a 3.39 ERA in 12 career games (11 starts) against the Cubs. Zapatillas New Balance Baratas . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. New Balance Baratas Outlet . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. http://www.newbalancebaratas.es/ . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. New Balance Outlet Online España . Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. New Balance Outlet España . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. MINSK, Belarus -- The acting head of Europes top Olympic body said Friday that its president, Patrick Hickey, should be allowed to leave Brazil and return to Ireland because his health is deteriorating and he needs an urgent heart operation.Hickey is not permitted to leave Brazil, where he was arrested two months ago during the Rio de Janeiro Olympics on ticket scalping charges and awaits a possible trial. Selling tickets at above face value is illegal in Brazil, and authorities promised before the Olympics to enforce the law.Hickey, who has denied wrongdoing, has temporarily stepped down from all his Olympic positions pending a resolution of his case. He was president of the European Olympic Committees, head of Irelands national Olympic Committee and a member of the International Olympic Committees powerful executive board.I am in contact with him personally, acting EOC president Janez Kocijancic told The Associated Press in Minsk. Hes 71. Hes not in the best health. I think that the first step should be that he returns home for the heart surgery and the treatment.In further procedures, I hope that he will have the possibility to prove his innocence, Kocijancic added.The IOC said it was not contributing toward Hickeys defense, but also asked for his release on health grounds.It goes without saying that the I?C fully respects the laws and all judicial procedures prevailing in Brazil, the IOC said in a statement to the AP. But the health of Mr. Hickey is giving the IOC great concern, and has seriously deteriorated over the past weeks. Mr. Hickey requires immediate special treatment in relation to his condition.Needless to say that the IOC cannot elaborate on medical details. However, the IOC understands that it would be preferable that the needed treatment is administered in Ireland, the IOC added.In Rio de Janeiro, prosecutor Marcos Kac told AP that a trial date still had not been set and offered few details.As soon as the trial starts, we can give more information, he said.The law firm defending Hickey -- Kamenetz and Marcolini -- said in an email that we do not comment about ongoing casses.ddddddddddddThe Irish Independent newspaper published a photo of Hickey arriving at a court in Rio on Thursday, registering as part of the condition of his bail. The newspaper said he did not speak as he entered the judicial proceedings.In a previous statement, Hickey told the newspaper: I intend to face all the charges and to fight each and every one of them.This has been a life-changing experience for me, my wife, my four children and my five grandchildren and my priority is to recover my health and see my family as soon as possible, he said.Kocijancic, the acting EOC president, said he believes Hickey is innocent of the charges.We studied all the relevant material and from all that we know, he is innocent, he didnt commit any crime, Kocijancic said.I dont know if hes guilty or not but I think its wrong, the things that have been done to him, his rights as a citizen, Danish Olympic Committee general secretary Morten Moelholm Hansen said.Even Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko weighed in to defend Hickey.There is no proof of any offense, he said, calling the accusations made up.Hickey is among 10 people facing charges of ticket scalping, conspiracy and ambush marketing related to the Olympics. He was arrested on Aug. 17 during the Rio Games in a dawn raid on his Rio hotel room.Hickeys passport has been confiscated, and he must remain in Brazil until the case is concluded.Police have said that Hickey plotted with businessmen to transfer tickets illegally from a sports company called Pro 10 to hospitality provider THG Sports, which was a non-authorized vendor and allegedly sold them for very high fees. Police investigators said the scheme was planned to bring in $3 million.The head of THG Sports, Kevin James Mallon, was arrested on Aug. 5 in the case, but was set free, like Hickey. He faces the same charges and must remain in Brazil.---AP Sports Writer Stephen Wade and Associated Press writer Adriana Gomez in Rio de Janeiro contributed to this report. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz