Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

12.04.2019 09:28
belting a home run of his own to aid i Antworten

WASHINGTON -- If Dusty Baker had gotten the sign to his catcher faster, the Washington Nationals and Pittsburgh Pirates might still be playing.Instead, Baker was slow on the trigger in asking for an intentional walk, and the Nationals lost to the Pirates 2-1 in 18 innings Sunday on Starling Martes solo home run off Oliver Perez.Baker took responsibility for the mistake of not getting his four fingers up in time to alert Wilson Ramos and Perez to intentionally walk Marte with pitcher Jonathon Niese on deck and Pittsburgh out of hitters.Before I could, he hit the first pitch out of the ballpark, Baker said. It hurts to make a mistake like that. I was aware of the situation, before I could get Wilsons attention.The 18-inning marathon, shorter than only the 19 innings Cleveland and Toronto played July 1, took 5 hours, 48 minutes. Seventeen pitchers combined for a total of 540 pitches, but it was the one Perez (2-3) shouldnt have thrown that the Nationals lamented afterward.It is a good idea in that case to walk him, but they gave me an opportunity to pitch against him, Perez said. In that case I tried to make a difficult pitch for him to hit. Unfortunately he made good contact o that pitch. It was my mistake.Martes seventh home run of the season, which went into the mostly-empty left-field seats, was enough of a boost to help Niese (8-6) get through a third inning of relief. Whether it was Niese, starter Chad Kuhl or the relievers in between, the Nationals couldnt get much going at the plate and finished with eight hits.The biggest of those came on a 2-2 count with two outs in the when with injured infielder Daniel Murphy took Pittsburgh All-Star closer Mark Melancon deep. Murphy was out of the lineup for a third consecutive day with a sore left hamstring, but his drive led to the Nationals and Pirates playing two.I was trying to get a good pitch to hit and get my `A swing off, said Murphy, whos unsure if hell be able to play Tuesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers. I got a pretty good pitch to hit and put a pretty good move on it.Murphys home run took Max Scherzer off the hook for what wouldve been his second 1-0 loss in three starts. Scherzer gave up one run and six hits and struck out seven in seven efficient innings.As impressive as Scherzer was, Chad Kuhl outdueled him with six innings of one-hit baseball. The Pirates righty allowed one hit and two runners and struck out five in six shutout innings.It was a start we needed out of him, and I think its a start he expected out of himself, Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said.By the time the game dragged into extra innings, the starts by Scherzer and Kuhl felt like distant memories.It was so long I dont even remember Scherzer even pitching, Baker said.Even with all the other twists and turns, a perfect 16th-inning relay from center fielder Michael A. Taylor to shortstop Danny Espinosa to Ramos to get Eric Fryer out at the plate was a cause for some amazement. Hurdle accurately called it a crazy game.How about the relay they had in the 16th inning? Hurdle said. Its the best relay in the history of the game in the 16th inning. Ever. Its fantastic baseball.TRAINERS ROOMPirates: OF Gregory Polanco remained out with a sore left hamstring, but general manager Neal Huntington hopes hell play Tuesday against the Milwaukee Brewers. ... C Francisco Cervelli was set to play another inning on a rehab assignment with Triple-A Indianapolis, and Huntington said well see about him being back as soon as Tuesday.Nationals: 3B Anthony Rendon was scratched with flu-like symptoms. Baker said Rendon was sick as a dog. ... LHP Sammy Solis will be placed on the disabled list Tuesday with a right knee injury.UP NEXTPirates: After an off-day Monday, top pitching prospect Jameson Taillon (2-1, 3.86 ERA) is expected to start Tuesday at PNC Park against the Brewers. RHP Chase Anderson (4-10, 5.44) is scheduled to start the series opener for Milwaukee.Nationals: With RHP Joe Ross not ready to come off the disabled list, RHP Reynaldo Lopez will make his major league debut Tuesday against Los Angeles Dodgers LHP Scott Kazmir (7-3, 4.52). Larry Bird Jersey . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. Marcus Smart Jersey . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. http://www.shopceltics.com/Cheap-Dennis-Johnson-Celtics-Jersey/ . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-foot putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shooting a 69. Shaquille ONeal Jersey . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. Bill Russell Jersey .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. SAN FRANCISCO -- The New York Mets welcomed back outfielder Justin Ruggiano for the series opener against the San Francisco Giants on Thursday night.They liked what they saw so much, manager Terry Collins is planning to bring back two more injured players Friday.Left fielder Yoenis Cespedes (strained right quad) and shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera (strained left knee) are expected to be reinstated from the 15-day disabled list in time for the Mets rematch with the Giants after San Francisco took the series opener 10-7 Thursday.Cespedes missed the minimum 15 days, while Cabrera last played for the Mets on July 31.The Mets third loss in four games on their road trip Thursday came despite the efforts of Ruggiano, who had three hits, including a grand slam off Giants ace left-hander Madison Bumgarner.Bumgarner extracted a measure of revenge against the Mets, however, belting a home run of his own to aid in a Giants comeback that helped produce the win.The homer came off Mets right-hander Jacob deGrom, who shared the marquee with Bumgarner in what was billed as a pitchers duel in the series opener.I dont think thats how either of us had it drawn up, Bumgarner said the 12 combined runs scored off the two starting pitchers. But well take it for sure.At least Bumgarner and deGrom walked away healthy.The same couldnt be said Thursday of Giants right-hander Matt Cain, who had to go on the disabled list because of a sore lower back, and Mets lefty Steven Matz, who was scratched from his scheduled Friday start because of a sore shoulder.That leaves Mets rookie right-hander Seth Lugo (0-1, 2.65 EERA) to make his first major league start against the National Leagues All-Star Game starter, Giants right-hander Johnny Cueto (13-3, 2.dddddddddddd97 ERA).Its a hole to fill, Collins said of losing Matz, who is being pointed toward keeping his spot in the rotation next week. Right now, Seth Lugos going to be the guy.Lugo has made nine relief appearances for the Mets, and he has demonstrated an uncanny ability to get left-handed hitters out. They are batting just .130 (3-for-23) against him.The Giants got eight hits from lefty hitters in Thursdays barrage on deGrom.The win allowed the Giants (67-54) to move seven games ahead of the Mets (60-61) in the National League wild-card race.San Francisco has won just two of seven on its current homestand, but the hometown fans are starting to see the club swing the bats better.The 10-run total Thursday was the Giants highest since a 12-run tally against the Oakland Athletics on June 30.The club has totaled 36 runs in its past six games.Cueto, meanwhile, hasnt won since July 6, a six-game stretch in which he has gone 0-2 with a 4.84 ERA. The Giants lost four of the six contests.Cueto has been particularly off his game in three August starts, during which he owns a 5.59 ERA without getting a decision. The ERA is the third worst in all of baseball among unbeaten pitchers in August who have made three or more starts, trailing only the Colorado Rockies Chad Bettis (6.43) and the Texas Rangers Lucas Harrell (6.17). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz