Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 68 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

04.04.2019 07:43
looked atrocious during a busy opening frame Antworten

WASHINGTON -- Ivo Karlovics big serve carried him to a second consecutive final at age 37, earning a 6-4, 6-4 victory over fifth-seeded American Steve Johnson at the Citi Open on Saturday.The 6-foot-11 Karlovic, a Croatian seeded 13th at the hard-court tournament, saved all five break points he faced in the semifinals. He has won all 43 of his service games this week.This is my game. This is my strength, Karlovic said in an on-court interview. I will never run like he does.He broke Johnson in the third game of each set, each time right after saving break points on his own serve.Its definitely frustrating when you have chances, you dont take them, and you lose your focus for a second and you lose serve, said Johnson, who eliminated top-seeded John Isner in the quarterfinals. And thats the margin when you play a guy (like) Ivo, (who) pretty much only has a serve.Karlovic will face No. 2-seeded Gael Monfils of France or No. 7 Alexander Zverev of Germany in Sundays final.Last week, at the grass-court tournament in Newport, Rhode Island, Karlovic became the oldest man since 1979 to win an ATP singles title.I believe its (because of) hard work and also because I didnt begin very young, said Karlovic, who was 21 when he turned pro. Im not as used up as my age would suggest.This has been something of a resurgence for the man whose biggest victory was a first-round upset of defending champion Lleyton Hewitt at Wimbledon in 2003. Since losing his first six matches of 2016, Karlovic has gone 16-7.Much of his success is based on his serve, which comes at opponents from way up high and gets quite a bounce on Washingtons hard courts, especially in the July heat.In the 25 years that ATP service stats cover, Karlovic leads the tour with more than 11,000 career aces and by winning 92 percent of his service games. He began Saturday averaging 22 aces per match at the Citi Open and finished the semifinal with 14, including a pair on the last two points at 134 mph and 132 mph.Johnson serves well, too, and he came into the semifinal having held in all 32 of his service games in the tournament, saving 7 of 7 break points.Those streaks did not last long against Karlovic, who isnt necessarily known for his prowess as a returner.In Johnsons second service game, less than 15 minutes into the match, he missed a shot at deuce to hand over a break point and angrily smacked a ball into the stands. Then, with both men at the net, Karlovic lunged for a backhand volley winner to go up 2-1.A game earlier, Karlovics first on serve, represented perhaps Johnsons best chance to steal a break.Struggling to see the ball on his toss because of a bright sun that brought the temperature near 100 degrees, Karlovic double-faulted three times, helping create two break points. But Karlovic erased the first with a 130 mph service winner, then came up with this sequence after the second: 130 mph ace, 128 mph service winner, 109 mph service winner.Similarly, in the second set, Karlovic broke right after saving a break point created by a double-fault. This time, Karlovic went up 2-1 by delivering a cross-court forehand return winner, followed by a down-the-line backhand return winner.When Johnson held a pair of break points at 15-40 in the next game, Karlovic responded by hitting three consecutive aces, then a service winner to hold for 3-1. And he was on his way.After the match, Johnson took to Twitter to respond to some of the meaner messages he received about his loss. Among Johnsons choice phrases: Learn English so we know what you are trying to say and you are an idiot.Asked at his news conference about the exchanges, Johnson said he doesnt take it seriously, whatsoever and considers those sending pointed messages his way useless human beings. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. Cheap Canucks Jerseys China . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. http://www.cheapcanucksjerseys.com/ . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. Cheap Canucks Jerseys . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Wholesale Canucks Jerseys . Ivanovic was leading 7-5, 1-0 when Hantuchova withdrew after falling 0-40 behind in the second game. The match started slowly for Ivanovic, who surrendered her first two serves as Hantuchova took a 5-3 lead. TORONTO -- It didnt take long to realize there was something wrong with Brandon Morrow. His velocity was down, his slider wasnt working and the opposing team was taking advantage. Through two laborious innings Morrow was tagged for four runs, two earned, before the Toronto Blue Jays yanked their starting pitcher. The Braves then went to work on Torontos bullpen, which gave up three home runs. Brian McCann hit a pair of homers -- including a tiebreaking solo shot in the 10th inning -- as Atlanta edged the Blue Jays 7-6 on Tuesday afternoon. Morrow said his right forearm has been sore since his last appearance. Theres no pain, just a lingering discomfort that hampered him on the mound. "It wasnt explosive, the ball wasnt coming out of my hand really well," he said. "It was just like there wasnt anything in there. Torontos troubles started with Morrow, who initially felt the soreness last week against Baltimore. He said it affected his grip on the ball. "Like I couldnt let it go," he said. "Maybe on the slider it was probably the worst just because youve got to get on top of that ball a little bit more. "Thought my splits and curveballs were all right. When I was out there, just trying to stay in the middle of the plate with the fastballs and change speeds." Morrows day was done after 47 mostly off-speed pitches. His fastball has averaged 93.6 miles per hour this season according to FanGraphs, but dipped during the game to 91. Morrow said he plans to let the forearm rest and still expects to make his next start Sunday in San Diego. With Morrow gone, the Blue Jays turned to reliever Ramon Ortiz for three innings. Ortiz held on until giving up back-to-back homers by Evan Gattis and McCann that gave Atlanta a 6-4 lead. The bullpen rebounded for Toronto (22-30) with scoreless innings from Aaron Loup, Brett Cecil and Steve Delabar. But in the 10th inning, McCann turned on the second pitch from Thad Weber (0-1) for his first multi-homer game of the season and the ninth of his career. After the game, Weber was optioned to triple-A Buffalo, Ortiz was designated for assignment and the team announced closer Casey Janssen had been held out of the game with mild soreness in his shoulder. Blue Jays manager John Gibbons was left shaking his head at the bad luck that continues to haunt his team. "Its part of baseball," said Gibbons. "You deal with it. Everybodys trying to win the game. Everybody you got on your team, you have them here for a reason. You think they can play, they can help you. So just go with whatever you got." Jordan Schafer also homered for the National League East-leading Braves (31-20) and closer Craig Kimbrel worked the 10th inning for his 16th save. "Its the way were built," said McCann. "We hit a lot of home runs and were going to strike out. But you put up seven runs, theres nothing bad about that at all." Braves starter Paul&nnbsp;Maholm allowed five runs on 10 hits over six innings of work and reliever Cory Gearrin (2-1) picked up the win.dddddddddddd. Jose Bautistas 12th homer of the year gave the Blue Jays a 5-4 lead in the fourth to the delight of the 45,224 fans at Rogers Centre, many of whom were students bussed in for the matinee. Bautista recovered after falling back to avoid a Maholm pitch that whistled by his head before sending a full-count offering into the left-field stands. In the seventh, Toronto tied the game at six on a double by J.P. Arencibia that scored Bautista, and the bullpen held firm until the extra inning. It was the Blue Jays fielding that looked atrocious during a busy opening frame. Braves centre-fielder Schafer, who went hitless at the bottom of the batting order Monday, got things started with a leadoff double and moved to third on a single by Andrelton Simmons. Morrow struck out Jason Heyward but Freddie Freeman doubled on the next at-bat, scoring Schafer. Simmons also scored on the play after Bautistas throw to third from right field sailed over Mark DeRosa for an error. Another error cost Toronto a run before Atlantas inning was over. McCann hit a routine grounder to the first-base side but Edwin Encarnacion lobbed the ball over Morrow as the pitcher was running to first. That allowed Freeman to score, giving the Braves a 3-0 lead. Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez revelled in playing in the American League where he could put Gattis in as a designated hitter. "That big three there of Freeman and Gattis and Mac did a hell of a job for us, kept us in the game," he said. The Jays replied with four runs of their own in the bottom of the inning. Bautista singled off Maholm then scored on a hard double by Encarnacion that bounced off the centre-field wall. The Braves also made a costly miscue in the first after Arencibia hit what looked to be an easy pop-up. Heyward and Freemans miscommunication allowed the ball to drop between them and Arencibia moved to second. On the next at-bat, DeRosa made them pay with a ground-rule double that scored Encarnacion and Arencibia. DeRosa then scored on a single by Colby Rasmus on the fifth hit of the inning to give the Blue Jays a 4-3 lead. The Braves tied the game in the second. Schafer duelled Morrow for eight pitches before cracking the ninth over the right-centre wall to tie the game. Notes: Blue Jays third baseman Brett Lawrie remains day to day after spraining his left ankle sliding into second base Monday. Gibbons said the team may need to add an extra position player if Lawrie remains out Wednesday for the start of the Jays two-game series in Atlanta. Gibbons added they would not move Encarnacion to third, despite the sluggers past experience at the position. ... Right-hander Esmil Rogers (1-2), who has only pitched out of the bullpen so far this season, gets the start Wednesday for Toronto. Hell face Braves righty Kris Medlen (1-5). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz