Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 116 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
zhangzk Offline

21.01.2020 03:20
The owner cut off all funding, including paying for the hotels Antworten

The Bears will be in London to face the Raiders this October and one of the team’s defensive linemen is in the city now as part of a tour in advance of this year’s four games in the United Kingdom.Akiem Hicks has visited with fans Womens Antonio Brown Jersey , toured the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium where the Bears will play and checked out prospects doing drills in hopes of landing spots in the NFL Academy with more events on the calendar before he returns to the U.S.While all of that is going on, Hicks is also taking some time to think about how the experience might benefit the Bears come October.“The beautiful thing about this is I get to go back to Chicago and impart this wisdom upon everybody that hasn’t been over to this game before,” Hicks said, via the Chicago Tribune. “And I can tell them how you might feel a little jet-lagged when you first get here. Work on your sleeping patterns. Things such as that. Even though the purpose of this event is to enjoy the fans here and allow them to hang out and experience this, it’s going to be beneficial to us because now I can tell guys back home what it feels like and maybe things we can do to perform better when we get here.”The Bears last played a game in London in 2011, but current members of the roster have played in London games with other teams. Head coach Matt Nagy was also there with the Chiefs in 2015 and defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano was the Colts’ head coach when they lost to the Jaguars at Wembley Stadium the next year. Just a couple months ago a lot of people were pretty excited about he prospects of the new Alliance of American Football. It was set up to be a minor league of sorts for the NFL. And it positioned..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁昐ilver & Black Pride podcastsFormer Raiders player details his experience in now defunct AAF including players kicked out of hotel rooms left to find their way homeNew,16commentsPDTShareTweetShareShareFormer Raiders player details his experience in now defunct AAF including players kicked out of hotel rooms left to find their way homeKyle Terada-USA TODAY SportsJust a couple months ago a lot of people were pretty excited about he prospects of the new Alliance of American Football. It was set up to be a minor league of sorts for the NFL. And it positioned itself during a time we wouldn’t otherwise have football to watch. The players who joined the AAF were also excited about an opportunity to get back in the sight lines of the NFL so they could prove they belonged on a squad. Two months in, the big hopes of the league collapsed. And with it, hundreds of professional football players would be out of a job and literally on the street.There were several former Raiders who joined the AAF. One of them was Oni Omoile who spent two years with the Raiders in 2016-17. You might recall he is the cousin of former Raiders All Pro guard Kelechi Osemele. Omoile would never get the chance to see game action for the Raiders and over the past couple years has bounced his way around practice squads for several teams trying to earn his way in.Then the AAF came calling, and the journeyman lineman saw it as his best chance yet to get on the field as a professional player and was allocated to the Memphis Express.With the collapse of the league Antonio Brown Jersey White , I got Omoile onto the Silver & Black Pridecast to discuss his football career and his experience with the AAF during its brief existence. It was an eye opening interview.“I felt like it was a solid opportunity to see some playing time, because outside of preseason I hadn’t really seen any action at all. Plus I’d be earning a decent amount of money. AAF contract were probably comparable per game to NFL practice squad contracts so the money wasn’t bad, so that helped push my decision to go to that league,” said Omoile.“I don’t regret it, I just hate how it all ended.”The ending was abrupt and cold. of the players and they were on their own. That includes those players who were dealing with injuries sustained in games. Omoile was among those players dealing with an injury.“Our last game we ended up playing against the [Orlando] Apollos,” Omoile recalled. “I was actually slated to start that game, but towards the end of the first quarter I took a shot to my jaw. . . they took me in and diagnosed me with a mild concussion. “The couple days after the game I was just at home, I couldn’t really go outside because the light was bothering me too much. And then Tuesday I go in for my daily checkup and I didn’t even... one of my friends tweeted it to me how the league was suspending operations. I was confused about that, so I went back to the facility and I see everyone getting out of meetings. I guess they had just told them the league was shutting down football operations. And then I was told we had to leave by the following morning Bo Jackson Jersey White , that we couldn’t stay at our hotels anymore. Some people had their stuff thrown out of their rooms into the hotel lobby. And one of our guys was from New York and he had to drive 17 hours. I was lucky, I only had to drive like 7 hour, 30 minutes or something, but I was still driving with concussion symptoms, which is very dangerous and I probably shouldn’t have done it, but I felt like I didn’t have a choice so I toughed it out. I ended up making it in one piece, but we weren’t financially compensated for anything. . . guys had to pay for their own flights. It was just very poorly handled and it left a bad taste in my mouth.”Omoile and most of the other players in the AAF have essentially been playing or practicing football nonstop with no break for at least a year. He said after resting up his body he hopes to find his way back into an NFL camp to keep plugging away at finding his way onto an NFL roster.Follow @LeviDamien

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz