Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 111 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
zhangzk Offline

11.01.2020 04:36
Early reviews suggest that version of Payne Antworten

While scrolling through Twitter today Montez Sweat Jersey , I came across this piece by JP Finlay talking about how much money the Redskins had wrapped up in the tight end spot...The Redskins are slated to spend $19..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Looks Like Someone Has A Sixpack Of The MondaysDaily SlopRedskins RecapsEDTShareTweetShareShareIs Tight End the Redskins Offensive Missing Link?Brad Mills-USA TODAY SportsWhile scrolling through Twitter today, I came across this piece by JP Finlay talking about how much money the Redskins had wrapped up in the tight end spot...19 million this year alone, and for what? - a guaranteed mysterious toe injury from our starter? - more dropped passes by our back-up?...like this - poor blocking...by all of them?Tight end may be one of the positions the Redskins are hurting at the most on offense - yes, possibly even more than wide receiver. It’s not only the massive amount of money tied up in the position; it’s the limited production.Last year, despite his massive salary, Jordan Reed produced just 558 receiving yards which ranked 15th among tight ends. His two touchdowns tied him with Vernon Davis for the team lead among the position group - which isn’t saying much!Together, Reed and Davis, whose combined 2018 salaries exceeded $15 million, totaled 79 catches for 925 receiving yards and four touchdowns last year. Not bad numbers for one player, right?Throughout his six year career, Reed, who will turn 29 this summer, has never played a full 16-game season. The closest he’s come was in 2015 when he played in 14 games and set career highs in receptions (87), yards (952) and touchdowns (11). He’s never come close to those numbers since, and given his age and injury history, it’s likely he never will. Davis, who up until last year had managed to escape Father Time, had his best year in D.C. in 2017 Dwayne Haskins Jersey , hauling in 43 receptions for 648 yards and three touchdowns. He turned 35 in January, and the clock is just not going back any further. He’s still a great teammate, consummate professional and leader in the community, but he’s not helping this team win many football games. Behind these two vets, the cupboard is bare. Jeremy Sprinkle is a situational tight end who wouldn’t scare most high school defensive coordinators, and JP Holtz and Matt Flanagan are more H-Backs and special teams contributors than complete tight ends. This begs the question - what should the Redskins do at the position?There are a few different options:-First, the team could ride out 2019 with Reed, Davis and Sprinkle and hope to improve via the draft or free agency in 2020.-Second, they could trade a conditional pick in 2020 for a veteran tight end. One name that come to mind is the Vikings Kyle Rudolph (29). Rudolph has had four consecutive seasons of 16 games played. He’s a solid blocker, and still has the ability to stretch the field vertically. He has scored 24 touchdowns in the last four seasons. I would even consider at least inquiring with Baltimore about Hayden Hurst (who seems to have fallen behind Andrews and Boyle on the Ravens depth chart), although they may be reluctant to move the 2018 first rounder.-Finally, the Skins could wait until final roster cuts, and see if anyone they think can help is looking for a job.The Redskins need to improve the tight end position one way or another. How and when they choose to do so could be instrumental for this offense and rookie quarterback Dwayne Haskins. ASHBURN, Va. (AP)The Washington Redskins have paired two Alabama defensive linemen in an effort to upgrade their run defense, drafting Daron Payne to join Jonathan Allen in consecutive year first-round picks.Allen showed star potential until a foot injury cut his rookie season short in the fifth game. Four picks ahead of where they got Allen, the Redskins thought it best to roll with another Crimson Tide big man by taking Payne.”The more Alabama guys, the better,” Allen said during Redskins organized team activities on Wednesday. ”I was super excited about. I knew what kind of guy we were getting. I knew he was going to fit in and help us reach our goals.”The Redskins know they must improve their run defense. They finished worst in the NFL last season at 134.1 yards allowed a game – hurt by injuries to Allen and others.Considering how the group performed when Allen was on the field Dwayne Haskins Redskins Jersey , allowing just 88 rushing yards a game, Washington could be in store for a massive upgrade.”(Jonathan) was a key component in the run game and the pass game,” linebacker Preston Smith said. ”He helped collapse the pocket. He helped stop the run. He’s a multi-talented guy.”He is also a healthy guy. Allen, who had 22.5 sacks during his final two seasons at Alabama, deemed himself ”100 percent” and pain-free following Wednesday’s session.”I think he did a great job of rehabbing in the offseason,” defensive coordinator Greg Manusky said of Allen, who had a Lisfranc injury to his left foot. ”We were kind of a little bit hesitant early on when he was here just taking reps and stuff, but looks like he’s just keeps on progressing from where he kind of left off last year. The sky’s the limit for him.”Allen’s presence helped a defensive front that otherwise lacked playmakers. The hope is Payne makes two.Though not in Allen’s class as a pass rusher, Payne’s ferocious work helped spark Alabama’s win for the national title against Georgia. is causing havoc on the Redskins practice field.”I’ve seen Payne these few days of practice being really disruptive in the run game and he can pass rush,” Smith said. ”He’s a really athletic big guy. I don’t know if a lot of people slept on him, but we’re thankful for him, that he was there when we got the chance to draft him. We’re glad to get him.”Now Payne lines up yet again next to his fellow disruptor and friend. Two other former Alabama teammates – outside linebacker Ryan Anderson and rookie inside linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton – also may contribute along the front seven.Allen sees the defensive line making major moves and genuinely believed the pieces existed for success last season.Now there’s a second Alabama defensive lineman at the point of attack to add to promising holdovers Matt Ioannidis and Anthony Lanier, who are entering their third seasons.”I really think we’re going to be a dominant defense,” Allen said. ”If we can stay healthy and do what I know we can, there’s nothing stopping us.”—

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz