Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

21.11.2019 11:34
fighting off an attacker on the street. H Antworten

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Former NFL quarterback Tim Tebow faces a major step up in competition on Tuesday in his pursuit of a baseball career.Tebow, after playing three games in the fall instructional league in Florida, is set to bat seventh and start in left field for the Scottsdale Scorpions at 3:35 p.m. ET at Camelback Ranch in his Arizona Fall League debut.The league is for top prospects on the brink of a major league career and a handful of players who already have debuted in the big leagues, including teammates Greg Bird of the Yankees and Gavin Cecchini of the Mets.Tebow signed a minor league deal with the Mets for $100,000 last month.Youre talking about a guy who has won a Heisman Trophy but also been cut four times. I think he knows what the challenge is, said Scottsdale manager Tom Goodwin, who also is the first-base coach for the Mets. I think hes up for the challenge. Im definitely looking forward to putting him out there. Its a huge jump for him, but I dont think its anything he cant handle. I know hes looking forward to it. And I think a lot of people out there are looking forward to seeing what he has and what he can do.As Tebow said, I think it will give me a good idea where Im at.Tebow homered on his first pitch in the instructional league. It was the first pitch he had faced in a game since his junior year of high school. He ultimately hit .286 (4-for-14) with two RBIs and two walks in three games.In his Arizona Fall League debut, Tebow is due to face Washington Nationals right-handed prospect Austin Voth. Voth, a University of Washington product, went 7-9 with a 3.15 ERA in 27 appearances (25 starts) at Triple-A Syracuse this past season.So much of the pressure is taken away because I get to go out here and pursue something that I love, that Im passionate about, Tebow said. Ive always been a believer that perfect love casts out all fear. So when youre scared about something, remember why youre doing something, why you love it. And have that mindset and approach.Why is failure the worst thing? I know sometimes it gets talked about that it is. But, in my opinion, regret is the worst thing, followed by not trying. And a lot of times, those go hand in hand. So, for me, when I do something, I want to go all-out for it. I can look back in 20 years and if I wasnt good enough, I wasnt good enough.Tebow will continue with his SEC Network and ESPN football broadcasting responsibilities, so he will miss Friday and Saturday games. The Arizona Fall League is dark on Sundays. So Goodwin will have Tebow play as many games as the ex-quarterbacks body allows midweek.Tebow has the Alabama-Tennessee game this weekend in Knoxville, and he suggested there is no awkwardness with leaving new teammates.They totally understand it, Tebow said. And its also an obligation for me. For me, when I give my word about something, I want to fulfill it.There is considerable buzz for Tebows participation in the Arizona Fall League. The Scorpions averaged 504 spectators per home game last season at Scottsdale Stadium. The stadium can accommodate 9,700 fans, including lawn seating. The team expects a serious attendance bump, like when NBA star Michael Jordan played for the club in 1994 and league attendance for the season nearly tripled, to more than 100,000.Jordan hit .252 (31-for-123) with 34 strikeouts in the Arizona Fall League. Of course, Jordan already had played a full season at Double-A Birmingham. Tebow, on the other hand, essentially has not played baseball since high school, except for a few weeks of training at the Mets complex in Port St. Lucie, Florida. That Arizona Fall League tune-up was cut short a few days by Hurricane Matthew.Jordans someone that was extremely talented -- everything he did, Tebow said. I think what you hear most about him on the baseball field was his effort and what a good teammate he was. Thats something I obviously want to bring, as well.Tebow readily acknowledged competing in the Arizona Fall League will be a great challenge.I think it will be awesome, he said. I think it will not only will be a challenge as far as competing, but also, I think it will be blessing as far as learning from a lot of guys that are doing it at a high level -- a lot of them getting ready to be at the highest level. So thats great.Its a great opportunity for me. Im thankful and also looking forward to it. Cheap Air Max 95 Wholesale . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Air Max 97 Clearance Cheap . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. http://www.wholesalenikeshoesclearance.com/cheap-kevin-durant-shoes.html . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. Paul George Shoes Wholesale .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Air Max 95 Clearance Sale . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. Even with his WWE career behind him and a new opportunity in mixed martial arts in his future, Alberto Rodriguez expects to continue his pro wrestling career on a part-time basis until 2018, when he plans to retire.Best known as?Alberto Del Rio?during two stints with the WWE (and on the independent circuit as Alberto El Patron), Rodriguez told ESPN.com that he has adopted a new persona, Alberto El Presidente, to coincide with Tuesdays?announcement of his hiring as president of the Hispanic-aimed MMA promotion Combate Americas.Rodriguez, 39, came to a mutual agreement for his release from the WWE on Sept. 9, less than one month after he was suspended 30 days for an undisclosed talent wellness policy violation. That brought an end to his second stint with the company, which began in October 2015. He originally competed in WWE from 2010 to 2014, before he was fired following a backstage confrontation.The four-time WWE world champion said he has no regrets about the way his final year played out. You cant force a company to use you the way you think that you are supposed to be used, he said. Although he admits WWE ultimately broke promises to him regarding his characters push, hes excited about moving on to bigger and better things.At the end of the day, you have to go to that company to make a big name for yourself, Rodriguez said. I am always going to be grateful with those guys for giving me a name, for putting me out there so I can show my talent to the world. But I am also not happy with what they were doing with me and what they were not doing with me at the end of my days with that company.Lucky for me, I have the opportunity to change it. It was my decision. I chose to be in bed with WWE. Its just that I decided not to stay there anymore because I was unhappy with the situation.Rodriguez, who said WWE did everything in its power to keep him, took stock of his standing within the company and realized he wasnt willing to stay one more year. He admits that hes fortunate enough to have the means and flexibility to make that kind of decision in a spot where others arent quite so lucky.Unfortunately, there are a lot of people in that company who have no other option, Rodriguez said. They have to stay there because either they have no place to go or [WWE] doesnt let them go. I want to be free and enjoy my life. I want to enjoy my family, my kids, my relationship with my girlfriend. I just want to be happy, so Im not staying here.Rodriguez is currently in a relationship with WWE superstar?Paige, who on Monday was suspended 60 days for her second wellness policy violation. He?joined her in disputing the violation on social media. He wouldnt go as far as to agree with rumors that WWE is trying to break them apart, though.To be honest, I dont care what they say or what they try to do, Rodriguez said. We are togethher, and we are happy.dddddddddddd I know a lot of people are not happy, but regardless of whatever people say, we can be happy. We can be together. And we are going to stay together because we are happy.Rodriguez was a no-show for his first post-WWE appearance Oct. 2, when he was set to perform at a major show for Mexican promotion AAA in Monterrey. The following day, he reported in a pair of Instagram posts?that he missed his flight from San Antonio because of injuries he suffered after fighting off an attacker on the street. He?posted pictures of his knife wounds.Conflicting internet reports followed and seemed to contradict his story. Asked to clarify, Rodriguez said he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and left it at that. He said he is working hard to put it behind him.A lot of people are asking me about it, Rodriguez said. My family was really concerned about this situation because unfortunately they have seen so much stuff out there, especially from the internet, and they dont know whats real and what is not. The reality is that I was involved in a street fight with a guy who disrespected my girlfriend, the female wrestler Paige. I had to do something about it, and everybody knows what happened after.Rodriguez, who just returned from an appearance in England, said he plans to work mainly in Mexico in the near future, but he also said talks are already in the works for select U.S. dates with Ring of Honor, where he wrestled between his WWE stints, and TNA.I already talked to my friends from Ring of Honor, and Im a big fan of that company and their talent, Rodriguez said. I had a blast a few years ago, and Im going to have fun with all those guys again pretty soon, as well as doing something with my friends in TNA, especially because my friend Drew McIntyre [Galloway] works for them. I have other friends like Damien [Sandow, a.k.a Aron Rex] and Cody Rhodes. Im just looking forward to doing an appearance with them pretty soon.Retiring at the age of 40, which hell be in May, was always Rodriguezs plan. His new idea of how hed like to end his career will extend it for one additional year, and he cites his love and passion for the business as the primary factors in his changing his timeline.For me, it has been the same since day one: Every time I go [into the ring], I come to give my best, Rodriguez said. If Im going through difficult times in my personal life, if Im sick and if Im tired, [the fans] know Im going to give them the best match of the night. Im not one of those guys going to places just to collect money. Even if its in front of 500 people or 20,000 people, I give them my best. Thats going to be the same until my days are at the end in pro wrestling. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz