Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

16.11.2019 09:41
. "I worked my entire life for it, and Antworten

NEW YORK -- Blake Dietrick never thought shed get a chance to play in the WNBA.Even when she starred at Princeton, she figured shed head off to the banking world after graduating. Only one Ivy League womens basketball player had gone to the WNBA and that was 15 years ago.Never in a million years, Dietrick said laughing in a phone interview with The Associated Press on Friday. Freshman year I was planning to major in econ, work on Wall Street -- as is the career path of many a Princeton student. Instead, here I am.The San Antonio guards road to the WNBA took an extra year. She got cut last season from both Washington and Los Angeles training camps after graduating from college. Undeterred, she played in Italy for Orvieto. She averaged 15.5 points in a league that featured WNBA players. It gave her confidence and showed her that she could play with the best in the world.Last year I was nervous, never had played at that level before, she said. That was disappointing to feel that way. To be given another chance was amazing.This spring, she got the invite to Seattles training camp and was the last player to make the team.It was awesome just to hear that they believed in me and believed I could play at this level, Dietrick said. It was really fulfilling.Playing in Seattle also gave the Boston native a chance to play with Sue Bird, who she idolized growing up. When Dietrick was younger she would often watch UConn games and attend the schools youth camps.I was little star struck at first, Dietrick said of sharing the court with Bird. She was a great teammate off the court. It was a nice first experience.Bird was impressed with the young guard.Blakes done a really good job. Shes really strong, Bird said. Shes got really good size and strength and is fundamentally sound. Shes really smart. You dont have to tell Blake to do things more than once.She played in two games with the Storm before getting cut on June 25, scoring two points. She laughed recalling her first game.I was more like dont mess up, dont mess up, she said. I was super happy, it was a great experience to get on the floor. Indianas a loud arena. Im back at the beginning. Worked my way up through college. Started back at square one again.Now shes on a new team as San Antonio signed her to a 7-day contract on Tuesday. The Stars played her former team Friday night.Watching Blakes career, I have always admired the intelligence and the toughness, San Antonio coach Dan Hughes said. She is definitely a Jersey girl. I love that combination. It has been really great to put her with the Stars and get a chance to look at her on a daily basis.San Antonio visits New York this weekend bringing Dietrick close to Princeton. Unfortunately her college coaches wont be able to take in Sundays game because they are out recruiting. Theyll be watching from afar.Its such a bummer, Princeton coach Courtney Banghart said of having to miss her former star play. The WNBA wasnt on my radar for her at all when she first got here. But by the time she left I knew theres no way that this kid couldnt help a team in that league.Banghart did get to see Dietrick last week when she came by the Tigers basketball camp. The guard, who helped Princeton to a 30-0 regular season record her senior year and an NCAA Tournament victory was home. She signed autographs for 1 1/2 hours after camp ended, posing for photos and encouraging the young girls who two years earlier had been cheering for her from the stands.Honestly, it makes me so humbled, Dietrick said of the attention she got. I see how Sue and Breanna (Stewart) and all those people have to sign autgoraphs for hours on end. Its crazy how many people look up to them, and are honored to be in their presence. For a small group of people to feel that way about me is sweet. It was a really great experience.Now she hopes to stick with the Stars for the remainder of the season. San Antonio just lost guard Kayla McBride for the year with a fractured foot.I would love to be here the rest of the summer, Dietrick said.Even if she doesnt last, Dietrick will always have great memories. Zack Littell Jersey . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. Rod Carew Jersey . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. https://www.cheaptwins.com/112t-harmon-killebrew-jersey-twins.html . Haas said he "felt a lot of pain" in his right shoulder when he slammed his racket to the ground in frustration after losing his serve at 3-3 in the first set. Jake Odorizzi Jersey .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Luis Arraez Twins Jersey . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Jarryd Haynes move to Gold Coast Titans has sent shockwaves through rugby league, while the Queensland club have also shortened in Premiership betting on a huge day for the NRL.The Titans have come in from $41 to $34 to take out this years title with UBET, after it was confirmed the former Parramatta Eels star would be available to play from this weekend.Currently sitting in seventh position on the NRL ladder with 23 competition points, the Titans also shortened from $1.80 into $1.70 to make the top eight for the finals with news of Haynes deal.At best they [Titans] would finish bottom part of the eight, so they would have to win four sudden death matches away from home which is a big ask, UBETs Gerard Daffy told ESPN.While a run to the title looks a little tough this season, the Titans will be one of the teams to beat in 2017 given Haynes star quality.ddddddddddddWeve also opened next years Premiership market, with the Titans on the fourth line of betting at $9.00, just behind Brisbane, Daffy said. The Cowboys lead that market at $6.50.The Titans have been good this year, with Hayne joining them as of now, they will be cherry ripe to be a major force in 2017.The Titans face the Warriors at home this weekend, before matches against the Tigers (away), Knights (away), Panthers (home) and Cowboys (away) in the run to the finals. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz