Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

16.11.2019 09:40
from the locker room after the game and Antworten

HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- On the eve of Jimmie Johnsons attempt to make NASCAR history, the six-time champion planned to go for a little run.How many miles?Seven, of course.Ive just got something with that number, Johnson said.His race for a record-tying seventh NASCAR championship is Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Hes been chasing Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt in the history books for three years and finally has a shot at that magical mark.He may have even sensed months earlier that this would be his year. He had failed the last two years to advance to the championship-deciding finale, yet picked this year to wear a commemorative helmet during the 10-race Chase.The helmet is a tribute to Earnhardt and Petty. It reads Chasing 7.We just wanted to pay respect to Dale and to Richard, Johnson said. Its been cool to wear it. Its definitely been getting some attention, and honestly, its just out of respect to those two guys.Johnson has been stuck on six titles since 2013, the last year the Chase was decided on points. The elimination format introduced the next year was not kind to Johnson, and he failed to make it into the round of eight the last two seasons. He broke though this year and now just need to finish the finale higher than reigning champion Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards and Joey Logano to join the exclusive club.I never thought Id ever see a seventh championship in my lifetime by any driver, said three-time champion Darrell Waltrip. At the time, what Dale Earnhardt and Richard Petty did was sort of unheard of.Petty is neutral on Johnsons potential milestone. He said he won his championships against Hall of Famers David Pearson, Bobby Allison and Cale Yarborough, while Earnhardt raced against Waltrip, Rusty Wallace, Terry Labonte and Bill Elliott.Theres no way to compare with what Ive done or what Earnhardts done or what Jimmies doing against each other, he said. I aint got a dog in this fight, you know what I mean? Probably from the PR standpoint, it would be great if he could win it. Because then every time they say something about him, theyre going to say something about me and Earnhardt.Johnson has been quite dominant in an impressive crowd during his illustrious career. Although all his titles were won after the 2004 introduction of the Chase, hes won in various formats and set a record with five-consecutive titles.Johnson has raked in 79 wins -- seventh all time, ahead of Earnhardts 76 -- and collected them against Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and the Busch brothers. Yes, hes done it in amazing equipment fielded by Rick Hendrick, and sure, crew chief Chad Knaus ranks in the top three crew chiefs of all time.But Johnson puts in the work and has honed in on a clean, professional career in what ranks him on former teammate Gordons list of all-time greats.I think he is the best that Ive ever raced against and possibly the best that there has ever been, Gordon said. Even days where I felt like I had a car that could compete with him, he did extraordinary things to get more out of it. He is a pretty calm, cool guy, but boy when you put that helmet on him and you get him in the racecar, he just becomes another person and takes it to another level.Yet for some reason, Johnsons accomplishments arent feted the way others have been. Johnson has often been referred to as too vanilla, and fans have cited his dominating stretch from 2006 to 2010 as a reason for NASCARs decline in popularity.Only the California native leads a very active life and, with personal fitness his cause, has created a wellness challenge for the community. He and his wife also have donated $4.8 million since 2009 in annual grants to schools in California, North Carolina and Oklahoma.He dressed as a handsome prince for Halloween to the delight of his two young daughters, and you would be hard-pressed to find a single person speak ill of Johnson.Jimmie is everything but vanilla, Hendrick said. I mean, he may come across at the track that way because hes so focused and driven, and he thinks like a computer when hes in the car. The way he eats, the way he exercises, everything is about physical and mental fitness for the race car.I think when he won five in a row, he was winning a lot of races and a lot of championships, and people maybe got a little tired of it. But I think then after the sixth one and we had a lull, I think they respect him now, and they look at what hes accomplished.Jimmie is going to get more credit when hes done than hell get when hes driving.Johnson remains immune from the discussions. Oh, he desperately wants that seventh title, but he doesnt worry about rankings or respect. Hes noticed more cheers in the last few years, but he doesnt need any approval.The way people talk about me, I feel like Ive received a lot of respect, he said. I think anybody thats winning gets booed. I watched Earnhardt get booed. I watched Gordon get booed. When you get older and dont win as much, you get cheered a bit more. I watched that for both of those guys.I get more cheers now. I feel Ive been very respected for what I do and what Ive accomplished, so I dont have a negative (feeling) on the way people think of me and what Ive done.---More AP auto racing: www.racing.ap.org Yairo Munoz Cardinals Jersey . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. Andrew Miller Cardinals Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. https://www.cheapcardinalsonline.com/1354t-bob-gibson-jersey-cardinals.html . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. Mike Matheny Jersey . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. Vince Coleman Cardinals Jersey . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court. CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Panthers coach Ron Rivera admits hes hoping for some bad weather on Thursday night.He figures maybe that might help slow down Saints quarterback Drew Brees. Well, that and a seemingly much-improved defense.Brees pounded the Panthers secondary on Oct. 16, throwing for 465 yards and four touchdowns as the Saints built a 21-0 lead and held on to win 41-38 on the Louisiana Superdome turf.In the three games since, Carolinas defense has clamped down, allowing only four combined offensive touchdowns while getting 15 sacks with four takeaways.Carolinas young secondary, which was racked by injuries in the previous meeting, has gotten healthy and is starting to mesh.Drew is a great quarterback and he was able to find those holes, find those mismatches, find the mistakes that were being made on our defense last time, Panthers safety Kurt Coleman said.But we have been able to correct those things over these last few weeks. I feel like our chemistry, the communication aspect that you need as a defense as a whole has been much better.Added Panthers defensive end Kony Ealy: What we had last year was a swagger, and were getting our swagger back.Saints coach Sean Payton said he can see on tape the Panthers are playing with renewed confidence.Theyre playing outstanding defense, Payton said. Their pressure on the quarterback has increased.Said Brees: They thrive on giving you a lot of different looks at times and they have a pressure package, and try to force turnovers.But stopping Brees wont be easy.He is completing nearly 70 percent of passes and has thrown 24 touchdown passes with only seven interceptions. His QB rating is second in the league behind Atlantas Matt Ryan.Some things to watch in Thursday nights game:DOUBTING THOMAS: Saints second-round draft choice Michael Thomas has emerged as the NFLs leading rookie receiver, but is coming off one of his worst games as a pro. He fumbled twice in the fourth quarter -- both resulting in Denver points -- and had a pass ripped from his grasp for an interception in the Saints 25-23 loss to Denver last Sunday. Thomas has been quiet since, disappearing from the locker room after the game and declining to speak with reporters on Tuesday. Emotionally hes great, Brees said. Hes chomping at the bit to get back out there and perform.ddddddddddddKICKING THEMSELVES: Major breakdowns on kicks have figured prominently into two Saints losses, including last Sunday. The decisive play in the loss to the Broncos was a blocked extra-point kick that was returned for a defensive 2-point conversion with 1:28 to go. Earlier this season, the Saints had a field goal blocked and returned for a TD in New York against Giants, who pulled out a three-point victory in that game despite not scoring an offensive TD.ON THE MEND: The Panthers are anxious to get two-time All-Pro center Ryan Kalil back on the field after missing the past two games with a shoulder injury. Carolinas running game has struggled in Kalils absence.Panthers quarterback Cam Newton called Kalil his secret jewel, saying he does more for a quarterback than any offensive lineman in the league.Defensively, outside linebacker Shaq Thompson is expected to play after missing two games with a knee injury.NEWTON RUNNING: Newton only ran twice against the Saints on Oct. 16 in his first game back from a concussion. But the mobile QB is expected to see more designed runs this time around against the Saints. Newton carried a season-high 12 times for 54 yards and a touchdown in Carolinas 20-17 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. Rivera isnt tipping his hand when it comes to Thursday nights strategy, saying its just about the game plan more than it is anything else.SAINTS DEFENSE: The Saints could have as many as four defensive regulars on the field for their rematch against Carolina who were unable to play in the previous meeting. Those include rookie defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins -- a first-round pick last spring -- and veteran linebacker Dannell Ellerbe, who each had sacks last weekend.Also back is top cornerback Delvin Breaux and defensive end Paul Kruger. Getting those guys back into the mix always helps, Panthers tight end Greg Olsen said. .... Theyre talented, they play fast. Theyve been playing well as of late, thats for sure.---AP Sports Writer Brett Martel in New Orleans contributed to this report.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz