Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

15.11.2019 10:24
fensive end. We want to be playing in March Antworten

ESPNs Bomani Jones joins me on the Thats What She Said podcast to talk about cultural appropriation versus cultural appreciation. The time seemed ripe in light of some headline-making tweets from Justin Timberlake?over the weekend during the BET Awards. After Timberlake said he was inspired by a moving speech from actor and activist Jessie Williams, some people accused him of not understanding his own role in appropriating black culture.Jones and I discuss whether artists like Timberlake need to acknowledge their privilege and be on the front lines of advocacy in order to be deemed appreciators instead of appropriators. We examine whether any race can claim an art form as its own and deny other groups the right to embrace or alter it. We talk about how artistic change and growth can take place while honoring the roots and history of the art. We also dig in to the idea that America loves black culture, but not black people.Plus, I reflect on the passing of legendary coach Pat Summitt and how she paved the way for women and girls.Thanks as always for listening, check back every week for a new episode. Nike Air Max 95 Offerte Uomo . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. Nike Air Max Plus Scontate . PETERSBURG, Fla. http://www.airmaxshoponlineitalia.it/scontate-kevin-durant-outlet.html . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament. Kd Scarpe Basket Scontate . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. Air Max 97 False . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Zach LeDay scored 23 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, Seth Allen added 15 points and Virginia Tech beat the Virginia Military Institute 88-72 on Saturday night.We were much more purposeful with our dribbles and passes in the second half in the pace we want to play, said Virginia Tech head coach Buzz Williams.Virginia Tech (3-0) took the lead for good with 6:44 left in the first half on Khadim Sys layup. The Hokies led 44-34 at the break on the strength of 57 percent shooting and a 19-12 rebounding edge.I think we played real good pushing the ball, said LeDay, but we have to be better on the defensive end. We want to be playing in March.Tech led by 20 points on several occasions in the second half but VMI kept chipping away.QJ Peterson scored 29 points (23 in the second half) with three 3-pointers and eight rebounds for the Keydets (1-1).Hes a really good player and whats nice is that hes our hardest worker as well, said VMI head coach Dan Earl. His decision making . was really good.Were recognizing when someone has the hot hand and were trying to get them the ball, Peterson said of his big night in a losing effort. They trusted me more in the second half. They wanted me to keep on attacking and make the plays.Adrian Rich and Trey Chapman added 10 points apiece for VMI.Virginia Tech finished shooting 60 percent from the floor (33 of 55) and hit 7 of 17 3-pointers. VMI shot 44 percent from the floor and was outrebounded 34-28.Justin Bibbs and Chris Clarke each added 13 points for Tech.Allen said he is not looking ahead to the ACCC portion of the schedule.ddddddddddddWe have to think about how to get better now, hopefully it will get to that level, he said. I feel pretty good -- off the court (and) on the court we love each other.Three games into the season Williams said he likes his team a lot.I think theyre playing for each other, he said.TAKEAWAYSVirginia Tech: Tech is now 91-43 all-time against the VMI Keydets in a rivalry that dates back to the 1908-09 season. The Hokies have won the last six games in the series. Tech doesnt begin the ACC portion of its schedule until a New Years Eve noon home game against Duke.VMI: The Keydets havent beaten Virginia Tech since Dec. 4, 2004.STAT OF THE NIGHTThe Hokies shot 51.7 percent from the free throw line -- 41 percent in the second half. We could easily have scored 100 if we made our typical free throw percentage, said Williams. Hopefully its an aberration; I dont think Seth Allen (1 of 5) is a 20-percent free throw shooter.UP NEXTVirginia Tech hits the road for their next game against New Mexico on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, California, competing in the Wooden Legacy tourney. ESPN will carry the 4:30pm contest. Williams noted the 10-day, 2 time zone trip: I dont know that Virginia Tech has ever done that.VMI is on the road Tuesday night against Presbyterian College. Well find out a lot about ourselves in these next four games, said Earl of a stretch that also includes Campbell and Radford. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz