Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
ruogu1234 Offline

14.11.2019 02:53
We want to win things this year and we have a great Antworten

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Bills coach Doug Marrone repeated the word "challenging" three times on Wednesday when addressing the possibility of losing yet another quarterback to injury. Thats the reality Marrone is faced with after listing interim starter Thad Lewis as being "50-50" because of bruised ribs. The injury opens the possibility of undrafted rookie Jeff Tuel or newly signed free-agent Matt Flynn starting on Sunday, when the Bills (3-5) host the unbeaten and defensively stingy Kansas City Chiefs (8-0). "Challenging, challenging, challenging is the word we use," Marrone said. "Well do whatever we can if we have to go with either Jeff or Matt and do the best job for them in putting them in a position to win for the team." With rookie starter EJ Manuel (sprained right knee) still not cleared to play, and veteran backup Kevin Kolb (concussion) out for the season, the Bills could be down to their fourth-string quarterback after Lewis was hurt in a 35-17 loss at New Orleans last weekend. Making his third consecutive start since being promoted off the practice squad, Lewis was initially injured on the first play from scrimmage, when linebacker David Hawthorne struck the quarterback with a helmet-first hit into his right ribs. Lewis fumbled the ball and had difficulty getting off the field before returning for the next series and completing the game. "Thad is truly, right now, 50-50," Marrone said, adding tests on Lewis ribs came back negative. Lewis has gone 1-2 as a starter since Manuel was hurt in a 37-24 loss at Cleveland on Oct. 3. Lewis has put up respectable numbers in Buffalo, in completing 62 of 103 passes for 652 yards, with three touchdowns and two interceptions. Manuel practiced for the first time on Wednesday, but has already been ruled out from playing. The Bills offence could be depleted further with running back C.J. Spiller limited by a sprained left ankle and leading receiver Stevie Johnson bothered by a hip injury. Tuel and Flynn split first-team reps in preparing for the possibility of facing a Chiefs defence that has yet to allow more than 17 points in a game this season, and leads the league with 36 sacks and is second with 20 takeaways. Tuel, out of Washington State, showed he wasnt ready to play at the NFL level in replacing Manuel against Cleveland. Tuel finished 8 of 20 for 80 yards, and threw an interception that was returned for a game-sealing touchdown in the final two minutes. "I learned a lot from Cleveland and I feel like Ive been getting better," Tuel said. "I had a lot of adrenalin flowing, got the nerves and all that, so I know how to handle it and prepare for it." Flynn, in his sixth NFL season, has more experience but has had difficulty holding on to a job. After spending his first four seasons as Aaron Rodgers backup in Green Bay, Flynn is on his third team in less than a year. Traded by Seattle to Oakland this off-season, Flynn lost the starting job to Terrelle Pryor before being cut by the Raiders on Oct. 7. He signed with Buffalo a week later, when the Bills were scrambling to address their lack of experienced depth at quarterback. Flynn has had little time to become familiar with the Bills offence and their receivers. The practice time Flynn enjoyed Wednesday was the most since his arrival. "I feel better about Jeff right now, because I know Jeff," Marrone said. "Thats not to say Matts not good enough. I just havent seen enough of Matt to really say its a competition, yet." Flynn understands the position hes in, while maintaining confidence in his abilities. "Im not going to let whatever happened in my past affect how I go about my business, how I go about playing the game," Flynn said. "Ive got a lot of confidence in myself. Call it stubbornness or competitiveness or whatever you want to call it, Ive always believed in what I can do." Veteran running back Fred Jackson acknowledged another switch at quarterback could be troublesome. "When you dont have consistency at a spot like that, it makes it tough," Jackson said. "But weve had guys come in here and step up and give us an opportunity to win football games. And thats all we can ask of them to do. And whoever it is this weekend, thats what well do." Fake Vans Slip-on . The Thunder earned the Game 1 win with a 100-86 victory Saturday night. Oklahoma City dominated the first half and led by 22 at the break, but saw its lead shrink to just two points in the fourth quarter. Cheap Fake Vans . RAPTORS STRUGGLING: The bottom line is the true test in sports isnt just how you handle failure, but how you handle success. http://www.fakevans.com/ . 1 goaltender tonight when they conclude a four-game road trip versus the Winnipeg Jets. Wholesale Fake Vans . -- Pinch-runner Rajai Daviss decision to steal third base just as Oakland catcher Derek Norris was throwing the ball back to the pitcher caught most everyone by surprise -- including several of his Detroit teammates. Fake Vans Free Shiping .J. Ellis have avoided arbitration, agreeing to a one-year contract.It is two years now since Arsene Wenger told the world that qualifying for a top four spot was like winning a trophy. For me, there are five trophies – the first is to win the Premier League, the second is to win the Champions League, the third is to qualify for the Champions League, the fourth is to win the FA Cup and the fifth is to win the League Cup, said Wenger at the 2012 AGM. It is a quote that Arsenals fans have repeated time and time again. The French manager has built up a great deal of collateral with the fan base, thats what happens when you win three league trophies and four FA Cups in your first decade at the club, and Wenger has used this to his advantage time and time again by carefully placing words in the public and knowing many of his backers will use them on his behalf. Fully aware of the order in which he laid those trophies out, Wenger then felt compelled to continue his point: I say that because if you want to attract the best players, they do not ask did you win the League Cup? They ask you do you play in the Champions League? There is, no question, some truth to what Wenger said. Players want to be in the Champions League and play at the highest level but ultimately they know their careers are not defined by the amount of Champions League group games they play in. It is not difficult to understand what footballers want from the game. They are not much different to any sports athlete. Money and trophies. Despite not prioritizing domestic cup competitions, Wengers Arsenal had the FA Cup fall in their laps last season, with many top teams knocked out early, although they still almost dropped it by struggling in the semi final against Wigan and in the final against Hull City. It was the best feeling I had had on a football pitch, said midfielder Aaron Ramsey about the FA Cup victory. We definitely want that feeling again, and as quickly as possible. We want to win things this year and we have a great possibility to do that. Win things. Not Champions League spots. Great footballers used to love playing for Wenger. 1995 World Player of the Year George Weah was so thankful for the Frenchmans influence at his past club, Monaco, that he gave him the award. French World Cup winner Lilian Thuram once said of him: Its always he who guides me, who inspires me. Yet much has changed in the last few years at Wengers Arsenal. There is some irony about Wengers focus that he believes helps to attract the best players because far more of the games best players have left Arsenal in recent years than joined. To the boardroom and club ownership, Wenger is the perfect manager for Arsenal. His apprehension in the transfer market suits their style (and bank balance) and he knows his team will still win one of his trophies by qualifying for the Champions League season after season. After all, it is not difficult for a team of Arsenals stature (and location) to finish in the top four and it shouldnt be considered a success just because they were able to be above the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and Everton. Wenger wants people to praise the club for regularly reaching the top four but this is a club that should be judged on who it beats not just on who it doesnt beat and he certainly doesnt deserve a trophy for finishing above such a mediocre bunch of teams that have flittered in and out of the top half of the last few Premier League campaigns. The 65-year-old may have done a great job of convincing a lot of the fans, whoo pay the highest ticket prices in the league, that this is enough for a club of Arsenals stature but it is the players who have rightfully demanded more.dddddddddddd Ramseys feeling on the Wembley grass after the FA Cup feeling said it all. Players want to achieve greatness and Wengers players have suffered far too much in big games over recent years. One of the most defining images of the 2011/12 season was Robin Van Persies shell-shocked face leaving Old Trafford after his Arsenal team had been thrashed 8-2. A year later he was a Manchester United player. Wenger had convinced many, including some high profile members of the media, that it was the right thing to do to sell the Dutchman to United for 24 million pounds. The only reason any one could give was it made financial sense. A few months later Van Persie finished the season as a Premier League champion and top scorer in the division. Arsenal continued to evolve by signing players that helped them achieve another Wenger trophy but their record in big games was once again dismal. In the last two seasons they played 12 matches against Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea and didnt win any, losing 7 and drawing 5. Big games, big expectations and big players paying more attention about their own team than they normally would. Arsenals loss to Manchester United on Saturday means they have now played all three of these teams again this season and they are now winless in 15 games against the trio. In total they have lost 10 of the last 15 against Chelsea and 11 of the last 15 against United and that includes a team managed by David Moyes and one full of injuries under Louis Van Gaal. For a big club like Arsenal that is simply not good enough. Players continue to come and go but in big matches the same results keep happening. There is no strategy to play differently in big games. They are predictably na?ve, playing games far too open and exposing a spine that has been weak for far too long. That is why they havent come close to winning the league. What was missing was trophies, defender Bacary Sagna admitted to The Sun recently following a move from Arsenal to Man City this summer. Sagna wasnt the first big name player to leave Arsenal and then be publicly slammed by Wenger and when he defended himself against chasing money he confessed that he had already decided to leave the club at the start of last season. Sagna followed Van Persie who followed Cesc Fabregas who followed Alex Song who followed Samir Nasri. Outstanding Premier League players all gone since the summer of 2011. Losses like the most recent one against Manchester United cause a club like Arsenal incredible damage going forward. They are a team that collectively does not believe in themselves in such matches because their top players look around and think the manager hasnt done enough to give them what they need to succeed. That is why they, like Sagna, ultimately make decisions to move on. It is an indictment on the club that the list of top players is dwindling but for the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Laurent Koscielny, Santi Cazorla the time is approaching sooner than many realize. The loss against United is another chapter stored in their minds. With every big game failure Wenger is damaging this historic clubs reputation amongst top players and it is showing no signs of improving. In the forever growing list of reasons for him to be fired this should be at the very top. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz