Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
ruogu1234 Offline

14.11.2019 02:37
turnover along the boards in the Canes Antworten

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes talked in the locker room before Monday nights game about how they felt they were due for a win against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Columbus had won seven straight in the series, including a dramatic comeback victory the last time the teams met in Raleigh at the end of December. "We knew we owed em one," Eric Staal said. "We wanted to pay them back for some of the good games they played against us." Staal and his brother, Jordan, helped Carolina make that pregame prediction a reality, combining to score three goals in a 2:47 span in the third period and lifting the Hurricanes to a 3-2 victory. Jordan Staal scored the tiebreaker with 5:55 remaining after Eric had scored twice to help the Hurricanes erase a two-goal deficit and earn their fourth consecutive victory. Anton Khudobin made 22 saves. Carolina moved one point ahead of Columbus in the congested Metropolitan Division with the win. "We knew it was a big game," Carolina coach Kirk Muller said. "You dont want to dwell a lot on it -- let the guys figure it out." R.J. Umberger and Derek MacKenzie scored for the Blue Jackets. Columbus lost its second straight after winning eight in a row. "I dont know if we were trying to hold on or if we were playing the game to win," Columbus coach Todd Richards said. "We gave up three goals in less than 3 minutes. For 57 minutes, I thought we managed it pretty well. Those three minutes, thats the game." After shutting out Carolina in the teams last meeting, reigning Vezina Trophy winner Sergei Bobrovsky made 32 saves for Columbus. On the game-winner, Jordan Staal rushed into the zone against defenceman Ryan Murray. After cutting to the middle of the ice, he nudged a backhander past Bobrovsky while fighting off Murray. "It was a fun comeback," Jordan Staal said. "I had some speed coming low, and just kind of went for it from there. I tried to get my reach out there." Trailing 2-0, Eric Staal got the Hurricanes comeback started when he beat Bobrovsky between the legs after a pass from Alexander Semin. Staal then tied the score with 7:42 remaining after Jiri Tlutsy fed him in the slot. Staals shot fluttered, but the puck sneaked inside the post. Columbus jumped on Carolina in the first period, scoring goals 17 seconds apart to take an early two-goal lead. MacKenzie got the Blue Jackets first goal. Fedor Tyutin took a wrist shot from the slot that hit the post. The rebounded bounced to MacKenzie, who put the puck in the goal before Khudobin could get back in position. After the ensuing faceoff at centre ice, the Blue Jackets forced a turnover along the boards in the Canes zone. The puck eventually made its way to Umberger, who was alone in front of the net, and he scored his third goal in four games. "We came out of the gate well; we were playing well and we went after them," Richards said. After scoring goals on two of their first three shots, the Blue Jackets continued to control much of the action, taking the games first seven shots before Carolina asserted itself. The Hurricanes tied a season high with 17 shots in the second period. NOTES: Columbus came into the game with the best winning percentage in Eastern Conference for the month of January (.818). ... Semin extended his point streak to six games for the Hurricanes. ... Carolina recalled Aaron Palushaj from Charlotte earlier on Monday. He will be eligible to play in the Hurricanes game at Montreal on Tuesday. Jon Matlack Rangers Jersey . The Redblacks are taking on the Edmonton Eskimos in their second regular season game Friday night. Catch the game live on TSN as the back end of a doubleheader starting at 10pm et/7pm pt. Jesse Chavez Rangers Jersey .com) - Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll knows about life in the NFL from other stints around the league. https://www.cheaprangersbaseball.com/1412h-lenny-randle-jersey-rangers.html . The senior threw for 319 yards and no interceptions in his final college game, leading No. Jeffrey Springs Jersey . Catch all the action on TSN2 and TSN GO at 9pm et/6pm pt. San Antonio took the series lead Monday night with a 122-105 home victory in Game 1. The Spurs used a balanced scoring attack and clamped down defensively late in the third quarter to claim the win. Willie Calhoun Rangers Jersey .5 million, two-year contract that runs through 2015. Venable, the son of former big leaguer Max Venable, will make $4.BELEK, Turkey -- The head of Olympic summer sports federations called for urgent action Tuesday to tackle the critical delays facing the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro and accused the Brazilian government of neglecting the crisis. In an interview with The Associated Press, Francesco Ricci Bitti said Rios troubled preparations are reaching a stage where some sports may need to consider "Plan B" options for their venues. "Its getting very serious," the Italian said. "We have an organizing committee with good people but without the leverage to cope with the problem. ... We are scared. This is not a country like China where you can ask people to work by night. In Brazil, this could not happen. The government has to change speed." Ricci Bitti heads the Association of Summer Olympic International Federations, which represents the 28 sports in the Rio Games. He also leads the International Tennis Federation and serves on the IOC co-ordination commission for Rio, which made its latest visit to Brazil two weeks ago. "We can be flexible in the infrastructure but surely not in the sports venues, and we are at risk at sports venues," Ricci Bitti said. "Even for the ones that dont consider themselves at risk, we dont see a sense of urgency." The timetables are so tight that backup plans may need to be considered by some sports, he said. "We have to sit down and to start looking at some Plan Bs," Ricci Bitti said. Rios problems dominated discussions at the ASOIF general assembly, which took place during the SportAccord convention in this Mediterranean resort in southern Turkey. Rio will also top the agenda for meetings of the International Olympic Committee executive board, which meets here Wednesday and Thursday. "We need to act now because if we wait another six months, as it could be looking at the inactivity of the government, I think it will become very serious," Ricci Bitti said. "The organizing committee is doing its best, but the government is not supporting enough." Brazil is also struggling with delays ahead of hosting the World Cup this summer. With the country focusing on the World Cup, Ricci Bitti said, the Olympic preparations risk falling further behinnd.dddddddddddd. "We cant always hope in the fact that in the end we will solve the problem," he said. "This time we have the style and the habits of the South Americans. They are not used to managing big events like this. The Olympics is a very different problem from the World Cup. The World Cup in the end is one stadium, one hotel, in many cities. Rio has a lot of problems." Rio organizing committee chief Carlos Nuzman and CEO Sidney Levy were meeting in Brasilia on Tuesday with Brazilian President Dilma Rousseffs chief of staff to discuss the Olympics. It was left to Rios executive sports director, Agberto Guimaraes, to report to the federations in Turkey. "I still think we can pull this thing together and can have great games," he told the delegates. "The moment I dont I will (give) my resignation. I still believe we can do it. Please help me get through this alive and well." Christophe Dubi, the IOCs deputy executive director for the Olympic Games, said the IOC would be sending special task forces to Rio to monitor the situation. The first group will consist of construction experts, he said. "We have to have special measures in place," he said. Dubi noted that Gilbert Felli, the IOCs long-time executive director, has been assigned to work with Rio after he steps down from his post later this year. The meetings in Turkey come amid a daily drumbeat of troubles in Brazil. On Monday, striking construction workers and security personnel clashed at Rios Olympic Park. Random gunshots were fired but no injuries were reported. Workers also went on strike Monday at the Olympic stadium that will be used for track and field at the games. The venue has been closed since last year to fix problems with the roof. Guimaraes said the repair work would completed by December. The greatest concerns centre on the Deodoro complex, an area that is to host venues for eight sports. Work has yet to begin on the site. In addition, work on the Olympic golf course is far behind schedule, raising concerns for the sports return to the games after more than a century. Guimaraes said grass would begin to be laid on the course later this month and the venue would be ready by September 2015. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz