Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
ruogu1234 Offline

12.11.2019 02:41
CFLs Blue Bombers announced Tuesday Antworten

WINNIPEG - A few rare smiles crossed Dustin Byfuglien’s face as reporters crowded around him after practice Tuesday.The Winnipeg Jets defenceman is enjoying a season thats brought him accolades from the NHL and praise from his teammates and coach for being a special player.The NHL’s first star of the week after collecting six points in four games, Byfuglien will take part in the league’s all-star game in Columbus, Ohio, this weekend.The recognition is coming during a season he says has him feeling more confident and settled in his personal and professional life.Byfuglien was married last summer to long-time girlfriend Emily Hendry, and in early December head coach Paul Maurice moved him from forward to his preferred position on defence after injuries felled a number of blue-liners.I think making her my wife finally has helped out and made things good, he said with a smile. I think just all around. Just going back to defence, I just like getting out of my bed and just going to work. It’s something that I enjoy and just kept going with it.The Jets (25-14-8) are on a four-game win streak as they get set to host Columbus (20-21-3) on Wednesday for their last game before the all-star break. They hold the first wild-card spot in the Western Conference, five points ahead of Calgary.The 29-year-old Byfuglien said there’s absolutely no doubt he’s playing better defence than in the past.Former Jets head coach Claude Noel had moved Byfuglien to forward in early January 2014. When Noel was fired a few days later and replaced by Maurice, the new coach kept him in that spot.Byfuglien noted the Jets have been playing different systems with Maurice and that’s had an impact on everyone.As a team we’ve changed our game so much, he said. The way we play, and the way we played back then, it’s way different. We feed off each other and you can make plays.And the six-foot-five, 260-pound Byfuglien has been making plays and putting up points.In 47 games, he has 12 goals and 19 assists for 31 points. But 20 of those points have come in the 21 games he’s played defence since Dec. 5.He’s unlike anyone, Jets forward Blake Wheeler said of Byfuglien. He’s special in a lot of ways.That includes Byfuglien’s physical presence, but also his instincts on the ice and the way he reads plays and intercepts pucks, Wheeler explained.He’s been dominant since he’s been back on (defence) especially, and he’s been a huge reason for our success.Byfuglien hasn’t really changed this season, but he may be feeling better about the way his game is viewed, Wheeler said.I think he’s just comfortable now and I think he feels appreciated, he said. I think he felt under-appreciated before, you know, with a lot of the things he does and the things he tries to do.It can be frustrating as a player to come to work everyday and, kind of, it’s almost like a puppy. You hit him on the head and he keeps coming back for love, and if you don’t get it, it can sometimes wear on you a little bit.I think this year he feels appreciated, he feels like what he does is impactful on what we’re trying to do as a team.Byfuglien said he’s been following what Maurice has told him to do since he switched back to defence.Little things. Doing what I do and not get out of the game plan, Byfuglien said. Just stick with it and everything will just come.The player fans love to call Big Buff has also turned up his physical game.Rookie defenceman Ben Chiarot has been paired with Byfuglien and said the veteran is helping him make the transition. His friends and family ask him what Byfuglien is like and he tells them he’s a fun guy who likes to joke around on and off the ice.He also enjoys watching Byfuglien’s physical game.He’s so strong and so much bigger than everyone else, he just manhandles guys out there, Chiarot said. It’s like he’s playing with kids sometimes, so that’s fun to watch and it’s been impressive to see.Maurice said it might not be fair to say Byfuglien is exceeding his expectations on the blue-line.There’s never been a doubt that he’s a special player, he said. He can really do whatever he sets his mind to do.What the future holds for Byfuglien really depends on how having all the defencemen healthy will affect the minutes played, he said. The Blue Jackets contest may feature the return of defenceman Jacob Trouba, who’s missed 16 games with an upper-body injury. Trouba practised Tuesday and is awaiting medical clearance. He’s the last of four key defencemen to return after the rash of injuries.I’m in no hurry to get him out of there by any means, Maurice said. He’s a defenceman right now and he’s one of the best in the league right now so there’s no need to change that.Note: The Jets and CFLs Blue Bombers announced Tuesday that they were unable to finalize a date to host the Heritage Classic outdoor game at Investors Group Field next season and are very hopeful that a date can be secured early in the 2016-17 season. Shoes Black Friday Deals 2020 . Howard had 17 points and a career-high-tying 26 rebounds in his Houston debut, James Harden added 21 points and the Rockets cruised to a 96-83 win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. Wholesale Shoes Black Friday . The Raptors (15-15) posted six road victories last month and have won seven of their last nine games overall. Toronto visits the Washington Wizards on Friday night. https://www.cheapshoesblackfriday.com/ . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. Buy Shoes Black Friday . City, fielding a depleted team having already qualified, was twice pegged back by the plucky Czech champions but substitute Negredo tapped home in the 78th minute and Dzekos header made sure of victory in the 89th. The result kept City three points behind Bayern Munich ahead of their meeting in Germany in two weeks. Cheap Shoes Black Friday .C. -- Martin Kaymer set a U.BOSTON -- Nick Swisher finally has something to savour in a tough season -- a game-winning homer. He had spent 16 days on the disabled list before being activated Thursday. He was batting just .203 when he came to bat in the 11th inning on Sunday. Then he led off the inning with his fourth homer of the season, giving the Cleveland Indians their second straight 3-2 comeback win over the Boston Red Sox. "This years been kind of crazy for me, personally, just to come up with a hit like that to help this team win a ballgame," Swisher said. "I was so stoked, man. I wanted to smile all the way around the bases." Cleveland manager Terry Francona was pretty excited by the good view he had from the third base dugout of the homer just inside the right field foul pole. "At that point its not relief," he said, "its elation." The Red Sox wasted an excellent opportunity to win the game in the ninth when they loaded the bases with three walks by John Axford. Then Scott Atchison came in and got Brock Holt to end the threat with a groundout to second. "He throws strikes," Francona said. "Thats why hes out there." The Red Sox left eight runners on base. "We had opportunities," Boston manager John Farrell said. "We walked the bases loaded in the ninth and (were) a base hit away, or a swing away from ending it right there. Its been elusive." Cody Allen (3-1) ended the game with two perfect innings, striking out three. Junichi Tazawa (1-1) took the loss one day after walking in the winning run. Swisher had been 1 for 8 in two of the first three games of the series after recovering from a hyperextended right knee and was 0 for 4 Sunday before his homer. "He obviously has that (home run) capability, but were challenging him given his four previous at-bats on the day and maybe some of the inconsistencies hes had during the season," Farrell said, "and got beat on it." The win was the Indians second straight after four consecutive losses. Michael Brantley gave Cleveland a 1-0 lead in the first with his 11th homer. But in the neext five innings, Brandon Workman allowed just three hits, a walk and a hit batsman.dddddddddddd Boston tied the game in the first on a single by leadoff hitter Holt, a wild pitch and an RBI single by David Ortiz. The Red Sox took a 2-1 lead in the fifth against Corey Kluber after a walk to Jackie Bradley Jr. and a single by Holt put runners at first and third with one out. Dustin Pedroia then grounded to shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera, who threw to second baseman Jason Kipnis for the forceout. But Pedroia hustled to beat the throw to first, avoiding a double play and allowing Bradley to score. Just as they did in Saturday nights loss, the Red Sox took a 2-1 lead into the seventh and lost it. David Murphy walked and reached third on a single by Carlos Santana with no outs. Workman was replaced by Burke Badenhop, who allowed a tying sacrifice fly by Yan Gomes. "All we can do is keep going out there and keep getting guys on base and working," Bostons A.J. Pierzynski said. "Guys hit some balls hard. They made some good plays. Theres nothing you can do." Cleveland threatened in the 10th when Craig Breslow issued two-out walks to Brantley and Kipnis, but Lonnie Chisenhall grounded into a forceout. NOTES: Cleveland leadoff hitter Michael Bourn went 0 for 6 Sunday and 1 for 19 in the series. ... Red Sox 3B Xander Bogaerts was not in the starting lineup because of flu-like symptoms but pinch ran in the ninth . ... Stephen Drew started at shortstop for Boston after missing six games with a right side muscle injury. ... Workman is expected to learn this week the result of his appeal of a six-game suspension after he threw near the head of Tampa Bays Evan Longoria on May 30. . ... The Red Sox continue their seven-game homestand Monday night against the Minnesota Twins. Rubby De La Rosa (1-2) pitches for Boston against Kevin Correia (3-7). After going 5-5 on their road trip, the Indians return home Monday night to face the Los Angeles Angels. Trevor Bauer (1-3) pitches for Cleveland against Jered Weaver (7-5). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz