Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
dasg234 Offline

03.11.2019 13:48
n a 3-pointer from the top of the arc to push the lead to six.Zeller said after the game he didnt think Howards elbow to the fac Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- U.S. wrestler Jordan Burroughs came to the Rio Olympics expecting to build a legacy so great he could transcend his sport.Instead, the defending Olympic and world champion was left to try to explain the unexplainable.Burroughs, considered by many the best wrestler in the world, was stunned by Russias Aniuar Geduev on Friday in the quarterfinals of mens freestyle wrestling.Geduev, a three-time European champion ranked second in the world, upended Burroughs 3-2 in the 74-kilogram division to hand the American just his third international loss and knock him out of gold-medal contention.A devastated Burroughs was later routed 11-1 by Uzbekistans Bekzod Abdurakhmonov in the losers bracket with a potential bronze still on the line.Geduev wound up with a silver medal, dropping the gold-medal match to Irans Hassan Yazdani after being taken down with under 10 seconds left.This was supposed to be my year. This was supposed to be my breakthrough performance, Burroughs said as he wiped away tears that had mixed with blood from a head cut. Ive done everything right. Ive sacrificed so much to get here. ... I wanted to be among the greats. I wanted to be a Simone Biles, a Michael Phelps, nationally. I wanted to be those guys, and its unfortunate.Geduev jumped to a 3-0 lead in a match stopped several times so officials could clean the cut on Burroughs head.Burroughs scored a late takedown, but it wasnt enough to overcome the deficit.Its a tough day. I had a lot of expectations coming here. I wanted to win. I knew I was capable of winning. Sometimes things dont go according to plan, Burroughs said. I lost a lot of things today. But my integrity and my character remain.Burroughs emerged as wrestlings biggest star at the 2012 Games. It was that victory in London -- combined with his charismatic, social media-friendly persona -- that helped make Burroughs the face of wrestling as the sport fought in 2013 to return to the Olympic program months after the IOC had dropped it.Burroughs, a New Jersey native who starred for the University of Nebraska, won the world title again in 2013. He was forced to settle for bronze in 2014 after hurting his knee in the opening match.Burroughs returned to handily win the world championships in Las Vegas in 2015, and his dominant performance at the Olympic trials in April made it seem as though no one could touch him in Rio.Burroughs was so confident that he told The Associated Press in July that he planned to bring his gold medal from London to Rio so he could wear two of them to his post-Rio news conference.But from the moment Burroughs hit the mat Friday, it just didnt seem like his day.Burroughs came out attacking in his first match, scoring on an early takedown to seize control of his opening match against Guinea Bissaus Augusto Midana. Though he won 8-3, it was unusual to see Burroughs give up multiple scores to such an unaccomplished opponent.Geduev and Burroughs nearly came to blows just seconds into their match, as Geduev shoved Burroughs hard in the shoulders after Burroughs objected to a head slap by nearly slapping the Russian.Geduev scored first and made point-scoring moves difficult for Burroughs. Geduev had a pair of second-period push-outs, and Burroughs found himself on the mat trying to come to grips with a loss that dropped his international record to 130-3.I felt ready, Burroughs said, sounding perplexed about how it all went so wrong. Thats the hardest part of all of this. I live my lifestyle the right way. I dont smoke. I dont drink. I dont go out and party. Im a family man. I take care of business. I train hard. Im an ambassador for the sport of wrestling. A lot of people were counting on me today.Air Max Outlet . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta. Cheap Air Max For Sale . But what about the officials? Every sport has officials and they also have stories about hard work and sacrifice but their accomplishments are seldom recognized by anyone outside their inner circle. https://www.airmaxchina.us/ ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. Cheap Real Air Max . PAUL, Minn. Fake Air Max .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Dwight Howard lost his cool, and the Atlanta Hawks lost a potentially key Eastern Conference game.Howard was ejected with 5:38 left and his team leading by three when he threw an elbow at the head of Charlotte center Cody Zeller and received a Flagrant-2 foul. The Hornets scored the next nine points -- seven by Kemba Walker -- and snapped Atlantas six-game winning streak with a 100-96 victory Friday night.Nic Batum had 24 points and 10 rebounds, and Zeller matched his career high with 23 points on 9-of-10 shooting for the Hornets (8-3), who earned their biggest win of the season.Walker overcame a slow start to score 19 of his 21 points in the second half for his 10th straight 20-point game.Howard said afterward the contact wasnt intentional and he didnt think it cost his team the game.It wasnt like I tried to hit him in the face, but my job is to protect my house -- at all costs, said Howard, who finished with 10 points and 18 rebounds. I am making no apologies for it.Paul Millsap, who led the Hawks with 22 points and 13 rebounds, said the ejection fueled the home crowd.Plays like that are momentum shifts, Millsap said. It kind of sparked them. They took that and added fuel to the fire.The ejection revved up the crowd -- and apparently Walker, too.The 6-foot point guard drove baseline and made a reverse layup to give the Hornets the lead for good. Walker added another layup off a hesitation dribble and then connected on a 3-pointer from the top of the arc to push the lead to six.Zeller said after the game he didnt think Howards elbow to the face was a dirty play.I have taken a lot of hard hits with two older brothers, Zeller said. I knew it was going to be a physical game. But it was a huge play in the game because they couldnt go to him late in the game and we went on a run.TIP-INSHawks: Howard had 11 rebounds at halftime, while the resst of the starting lineup had two combined.dddddddddddd. ... The Hawks shot just 3 of 17 from the field in the fourth quarter.Hornets: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist did a nice job guarding Kyle Korver, limiting him to two points through the first three quarters. ... Jeremy Lamb was close to returning to the lineup but is still bothered by a hamstring injury.STRONG SECOND HALFWalker, who came in averaging 25.8 points per game -- the third-best mark in the Eastern Conference -- missed all seven of his shots from the field in the first half but was 8 of 13 the rest of the way.There wasnt anything different, Walker said. I was aggressive all night, I just stayed aggressive. At one point shots just werent falling for me like they have been lately. I stuck with it, my teammates just kept telling me `stay with it, its going to fall. I just tried to play the game and pick my spots and I was able to come up with some big plays.HORNETS COMEBACKSIn six of Charlottes eight wins the team has come back from 10 points down. Now, the Hornets have a busy stretch coming up with 18 games in 32 days.If were a good team, the kind of team we need to be, then we have to get on this plane with the right attitude and find a way to play a good game tomorrow night on the road and win, coach Steve Clifford said. Thats what the good teams do.SUPPORTING DWIGHTKorver threw his support behind Howard after the game.Hes just kind of a safety net for us, Korver said. Hes back there with all that size, I think he had 18 rebounds tonight, and hes back there to protect the paint. Thats his job. Thats what hes great at.UP NEXTHawks: Travel to New York to face the Knicks on Sunday afternoon.Hornets: Head out on the road to New Orleans to face the Pelicans on Saturday night. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz