Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
ruogu1234 Offline

01.11.2019 09:51
The As will call upon right-hander Antworten

BALTIMORE -- These Oakland Athletics, they wont back down. Not when confronted by an angry opponent, not when theyre dodging inside fastballs and definitely not when trailing late in the game. Pinch-hitter Stephen Vogt singled in the tiebreaking run in the 11th inning, and the Athletics got home runs from Josh Donaldson and Derek Norris in a 4-3 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Friday night. It was the sixth win in seven games for the Athletics, who own the best record in the AL (38-23) and the best road record in the majors (21-11). In the third inning, Donaldson tagged Manny Machado in the chest near third base for the third out, causing Machado to lose his balance and topple backward. Machado quickly stood up and yelled close-up at Donaldson, apparently questioning the force of the tag, and players from both sides crowded around the duo before Orioles manager Buck Showalter pulled Machado away. "I just tried to tag the guy. I was walking over there to go pick his helmet up for him, then he jumps up and starts yelling at me," Donaldson said. "I dont know what happened on his end, but Im just trying to do my job and play the game of baseball." Machado said: "Right play, he made the right play, but I just didnt agree on the tag that he made on me and I just had to get up and confront him. You get in the heat of the moment and things start flying." That appeared to be the end of it, but with two outs and nobody on in the sixth inning, Orioles starter Wei-Yin Chen threw an inside pitch near Donaldsons chin. After retreating from the batters box, Donaldson smiled knowingly. But he expressed anger minutes later, when Chen hit him with another inside fastball. "I understand them pitching in. Thats fine," Donaldson said. "It was just on my hand. (Baltimores) Nellie Cruz took one on the hand just the other day, and he doesnt seem too fond of that either." In the eighth, though, the As trailed 3-2. Pinch-hitter Coco Crisp drew a walk from Darren ODay, stole second and scored on a two-out single by Yoenis Cespedes. That led to Oaklands eighth win this season when trailing after seven innings. "We dont give up until that last out is made," Oakland starter Tommy Milone said. "You see if in the last few games, it seems like were always in every game, and we find ways to win." John Jaso led off the 11th with a pinch-hit double off Evan Meek (0-2). With one out, Gold Glove shortstop J.J. Hardy botched a grounder, his fourth error in two games. Meek went to third on the play and scored when Vogt hit a liner to left. Fernando Abad (1-2) worked the 10th and Sean Doolittle got three outs for his eighth save. The Orioles missed a chance to win it in the 10th when Nick Markakis was thrown out at the plate by Moss on Adam Jones one-out single to right. Cruz was then cut down trying to steal home. "Saw it, felt it, went for it, didnt work out," Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said. Prior to that, Chen retired 10 straight batters. Chen gave up two runs -- both on homers -- in 6 1-3 innings. Milone allowed three runs and eight hits in six innings. Donaldson put the As up 1-0 in the first with his 17th home run, and Norris connected leading off the second. Baltimore used three straight two-out singles, the last by rookie Jonathan Schoop, to get a run back in the bottom of the second. Chris Davis tied it in the fourth with an opposite-field drive to left, and Machado homered in the fifth for a 3-2 lead. NOTES: The Orioles put RHP Miguel Gonzalez (strained right oblique) on the 15-day DL, recalled RHP Tim Berry from Double-A Bowie, purchased the contract of Meek from Triple-A Norfolk and optioned RHP Preston Guilmet to the same club. ... Kevin Gausman replaced Gonzalez as Baltimores starter vs. Oakland on Saturday. The As will call upon right-hander Sonny Gray (6-1, 2.45 ERA). ... Former Orioles closer Jim Johnson returned to Baltimore for the first time since being traded during the off-season. "A lot of memories. Its obviously different going into a different clubhouse. Its cool," Johnson said. ... Oakland has homered in 14 straight games. ... LHP Johan Santana, who hoped to make a comeback with the Orioles, tore his Achilles tendon in extended spring training and is lost for the year. Cheap Yeezy Free Shipping .com) - A chant of Zeke reverberated around AT&T Stadium before Ezekiel Elliott powered into the end zone for his fourth and final touchdown. Yeezy China . Both sides of the deal have formally announced acquisitions: TFC introduced Jozy Altidore as a designated player on Friday, while their counterparts announced a three-and-a-half-year deal with Jermain Defoe. https://www.yeezychina.us/ . The 21-year-old Wickham headed Sunderland into a 26th-minute lead --to add to the double he scored at Manchester City and his strike in last weekends win at Chelsea -- and then sealed the win with a late header. Clearance Yeezy For Sale . The Incheon-based tea, of the Korea Baseball Organization said the deal for the 35-year-old Scott included a $50,000 signing bonus. Scott reached the major leagues with Houston in 2005 and hit 23 homers or more for Baltimore each year from 2008-10. Cheap Yeezy China . - Aroldis Chapman, with two black eyes, has returned to the Cincinnati Reds clubhouse four days after being hit in the face by a line drive.Villanova, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Ryan Arcidiacono led the way with 18 points and six assists as No. 5 Villanova cruised past Xavier for an 88-75 win on Wednesday. Dylan Ennis went 5-of-8 from 3-point range to finish with 17 points and Josh Hart chipped in with 15 points and seven rebounds off the bench for the Wildcats (16-1, 4-1 Big East), who have won three straight following their lone blemish of the season, a 66-61 overtime loss to Seton Hall on Jan. 3. What a tough game. Coming out and making the start we did, hitting the threes and getting the lead was big, Villanova head coach Jay Wright said. We hung on in the second even though they outplayed us. Matt Stainbrook scored 17 points on 7-of-8 shooting from the field and Jalen Reynolds contributed 14 points, five boards and three blocks for the Musketeers (11-6, 2-3), who have dropped three of their last four games. I was proud that our team fought and continued to fight in the second half; didnt cash it in, said Xavier head coach Chris Mack. There arent too many teams, if any, that are going to come into this building and get a win. Darrun Hilliard, Arcidiacono and Ennis each made a 3-pointer as the Wildcatss jumped out to an 11-2 lead less than four minutes into the game.dddddddddddd After J.P. Macura brought the Musketeers within six points, Villanova answered with a 12-2 run that featured seven straight points from Hart for a 34-17 lead. The Wildcats maintained its lead as the game was 45-27 at halftime. Daniel Ochefu capped a 9-0 spurt early in the second half with a layup, giving Villanova a 59-36 lead with 14 minutes to play. Dee Davis, however, scored the first seven points of Xaviers 13-2 burst that cut the deficit to 12. Stainbrook scored six points, Myles Davis hit a jumper and Reynolds dunked to make it a 67-57 game with seven minutes to play. JayVaughn Pinkstons two free throws kickstarted an 8-0 run with under five minutes to play and the Wildcats led comfortably the rest of the way. Game Notes Pinkston and Hilliard had 12 and 10 points, respectively, in the win ... Villanova leads the all-time series, 19-4 ... The Wildcats are 37-1 when scoring 70 points or more in a game since the start of the 2013-14 season and are 14-0 when doing so this season ... Xavier owned a 46-18 advantage for points in the paint. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz