Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

30.10.2019 11:07
the over before he spooned a catch to Antworten

ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Time will tell whether Anthony Goses two-RBI night in Fridays 5-4 loss to the Rays sets the tone for his latest recall. What is clear is that Gose needed something good to happen almost immediately upon his return to the big leagues. He had a good night: an RBI single in the sixth and an RBI fielders choice in the eighth, which pulled the Blue Jays into a 4-4 tie. "Did a great job, he really did," said manager John Gibbons. "The big hit up the middle, two out hit, then a great job battling to plate that tying run. He really looked good." Before the game, Gose had much a much simpler goal. "Hit the ball," he said. "Specifically, hit the ball." If the comment seems strange, heres the context: Gose has had a tough year at Triple-A Buffalo, at his worst struggling to make contact. His 121 strikeouts in 443 plate appearances for the Bisons put his strikeout rate at 27.3-percent. Gose has a tendency to whiff but this season, being so close yet feeling so far from Toronto, its worn him down. "When I hit the ball, good things happen," he said. "When I dont, Im just a minor league player." Gose appeared in 13 games during his first recall this season, while Rajai Davis was on the disabled list from May 20 to June 5, putting together a .304/.385/.391 slash line. The sample size was small, just 26 plate appearances (23 at bats,) but it left something off of which to build when he returned to Triple-A. Except he struggled and murmurs of an attitude problem began trickling out of Buffalo. Word was Gose believed he should be a big leaguer even though the Blue Jays had a glut of outfielders. He admits to being frustrated but insists he was misinterpreted. "Its just when I went down I just stopped hitting the ball again and got frustrated," said Gose. "There were a lot of things that I could control that I wasnt controlling as far as maybe attitude and some things like that. It wasnt so much because I was sent down. It was more just when you go down there and strike out three times a game for four or five games in a row youre not going to be happy. I dont think anybody would." DELABAR DROPS BY Injured reliever Steve Delabar, on the disabled list with inflammation in his pitching shoulder, stopped by Tropicana Field on Friday afternoon to visit with teammates. Hes rehabbing at the Blue Jays facility in nearby Dunedin. While eligible to return on Sunday, itll be a while still before Delabar is able to pitch. Hes just started playing catch. Delabar says the soreness in his shoulder began shortly after the All-Star break and initially he pitched through the pain. "For me, I was competing and getting guys out," said Delabar. "So from my side it was like, how am I going to say Im not feeling good if things are all working. So Im still getting everybody out, or most of the guys out, and competing and being able to get myself ready so I was able to work through the soreness I had. It continued, with the work that we were getting and the progression that we were having so I couldnt get it out of there." Delabar was a first time all star this season. He has a 2.90 ERA and has struck out 75 hitters in 49 2/3 innings. He says he intends to pitch again this season. BIG START FOR REDMOND A native of St. Petersburg, Todd Redmond is looking forward to Sunday, when hell make his first career start against his hometown team. "Coming back home to pitch is always nice," said Redmond. "Growing up here watching the Devil Rays slash Rays play. Its nice coming back here and having a chance to pitch against them in front of my home crowd." Sundays game will be a family affair. Redmonds fiancée, his parents and two brothers with their families will be among those in attendance. Redmond attended a number of games at Tropicana Field when he was younger. He says he was "one of those kids" who would ask for shattered bats and other souvenirs during batting practice. He counts bats from Darryl Strawberry and Jose Canseco among his best hauls. HAPP RETURNS J.A. Happ has been activated from the bereavement list and will make Saturdays start against the Rays. Happ pitched seven innings of one run ball in a 5-1 loss to Oakland on Monday and then took leave to attend his grandfathers funeral. When he takes the ball, Happ will mark his first time pitching at Tropicana Field since he was hit in the head by a line drive off the bat of the Rays Desmond Jennings on May 7. It will be Happs third start since returning from injuries suffered in the incident. MUNES A DAD As the Blue Jays welcomed back Happ, the club placed second baseman Munenori Kawasaki on the paternity list. Kawasaki, 32, stayed in Toronto witness the birth of his first child, a boy born on Friday evening. The paternity list offers a 1-3 day window for a player to be away from his club. Manager John Gibbons suggested the most likely scenario would have Kawasaki rejoin the team in New York following Mondays off day. Word is mom and Mini Mune (in the absence of the babys actual name, itll do!) are doing well. Clearance Yeezy For Sale . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. Wholesale Yeezy China .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. https://www.yeezychina.us/ . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. Fake Yeezy Online . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. Cheap Yeezy Free Shipping . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. Maybe in the last session we can score around 200 runs, we can go for it. May be an interesting game aheadThat was M Vijay after the fourth day in the Rajkot Test. His crystal ball wasnt entirely off. India needed 261 runs in a minimum of 31 overs in its final two hours of play. And some of the shots the batsmen used did not entirely suggest they like scrapping around.It can be pleasing to know that the team you support does not give up despite mounting odds. It can be uplifting, as is the case in India, who have had occasion to envy their opponents showing off such resolve to win matches. And it has been the case more often than not with Virat Kohli at the helm. All thats needed to understand how he has moulded the side in his image is to look at India. Lean, mean and steadfastly avoiding the shaving cream.But a different kind of skill was required at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Ground. The skill of saving a Test match. India havent had to do such a thing at home since 2012.On Sunday, everything they would dish out to the opposition was stacked against them. Gentlemen, well start you off with some stiflingly hot scoreboard pressure, then a rich assortment of spin with a side of all the peppy close-in fielders and, oh, look your goose is cooked.India didnt have too long to survive. A minimum of 49 overs. They were up against a set of spinners who were playing their first Test in this country. Kohli and his men shouldnt have cut it so close.That they did was possibly because they didnt have much experience batting time. It requires good technique and a great trust in it. You have to pick the ball out of the hand, read the length as early as possible, go forward or back with purpose and use your hands to adjust if the bounce is variable. A few boundaries help. And yes, it never quite seems like such a grocery list out in the middle. So the fact that India drew a match with only five batsmen - a match they had chased all five days - was quite commendable and a very important step in their evolution.Of course, it was not without incident. On the final day, even a decent pitch would break up with the batsman and blatantly show off its love for the bowler. Rajkot was particularly fiendish. There was one delivery from left-arm spinner Zafar Ansari that pitched on a good length and reared away past Virat Kohlis head, prompting the Indian captain to insist it be called one bouncer for the over.In such circumstances, you have to either trust your defence or resort to something that you know would be equally effective. Something that has worked for you before. Your natural game. Kohli is a vociferous proponent of it. Only, blindly following it has some risk. Ajinkya Rahane tried to cut Moeen Ali against the turn and was bowled offf the pad.dddddddddddd India had less than two hours to survive and that wicket meant England were through to the allrounders. R Ashwin, who has grown into the batsman he always threatened to be and who was instrumental in securing the draw, bashed three fours in the over before he spooned a catch to cover - one of few fielders on the off side. Had either batsman been a bit more prudent, the Test would have had a smoother and earlier finish.But that is how India play now. Given the choice, they prefer to be aggressive.When things get heated out there when theres a lot of pressure on the batsman, its very important to have the intent of scoring runs, Kohli said. Because as an opposition you know that the ball is going to go to the boundary as well, you got to take more time to recover it. The bowlers panic, the opposition panics, the captain panics. At the same time, the score keeps ticking as well.So that was the whole idea - to have the intent to score runs also, because that way youre looking forward to playing the ball, youre nicely on top of the ball, your head is on top of the ball. If youre only looking to defend, sometimes your weight can be back and if the ball is turning even a little bit, the close in fielders come into play. So it was very important to keep intent onto the ball to control it better with your hands. That was the whole idea about being a bit positive as well.Kohli was excellent in balancing between attack and defence, and was the prime reason England couldnt upset India. His footwork was precise and his concentration was such that he was often ready for the bowler while he was still walking back to his mark. While there was the odd whip against the turn, it was his ability to keep the good balls out and remain unbeaten that determined Indias eventual position of safety.There seems to be a growing tendency to think that playing defensively is a sign of weakness.Michael Atherton played one of the greatest innings in the history of the game to save a Test for England away from home. Facing spin on a final-day track in India is no more cumbersome than having to make peace with becoming target practice for a frothing Allan Donald armed with the Wanderers bounce for nearly 11 hours. AB de Villiers, this generations most versatile batsman, felt confident about his game only after he perfected the block. The longest innings anyone has ever played in Tests was to draw a game from a hopeless situation, Hanif Mohammed, the man who was responsible for it, was called the Little Master.Their exploits and many more suggest the dead bat isnt a nuisance in cricket. Its the essence of it. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz