Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 33 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
dasg234 Offline

24.03.2019 13:35
les, and the only two-time winner of Antworten

Villanova remained on top of The Associated Press college basketball poll on Monday while Southern Cal made its first appearance this season and Florida State returned to the rankings.The Wildcats (10-0) received 56 first-place votes from the 65-member national media panel to stay No. 1 for a second straight week.The top 11 teams remained the same from last week, with UCLA (10-0) second with three first-place votes.Florida dropped out from 21st after losing to Duke and Florida State. Iowa State, which was 25th, lost to Iowa last week and also dropped out of the rankings. The Cyclones had been ranked for 61 consecutive polls, the third-longest active streak behind Kansas (148) and Arizona (84).Kansas was third followed by Baylor (8-0), which got the other six first-place votes, Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, Gonzaga, Indiana, Creighton and Louisville.West Virginia moved up three places to 12th and was followed by Virginia, Wisconsin, Purdue, South Carolina, Xavier, Butler, Arizona and Saint Marys, which dropped eight spots to 20th after losing to Texas-Arlington.The last five ranked teams were Notre Dame, Oregon, Florida State, Southern Cal and Cincinnati.Florida State was tied for No. 25 in the Week 3 poll after a 4-0 start, then fell out the next week after a Thanksgiving Day loss to Temple. The Seminoles returned to this weeks poll after beating then-No. 21 Florida on Sunday.Southern Cal was ranked for two weeks last season.There are three double-ranked games on Saturday. Kentucky and North Carolina play in Las Vegas while a doubleheader in Indianapolis features Indiana against Butler and Purdue facing Notre Dame.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25Wholesale Sneakers Canada . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans. The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. Sneakers Canada Sale . Hey!" The lower tier of the School End of Queens Park Rangers Loftus Road was packed solid with a very festive-sounding Chelsea choral section in this particular part of South Africa Road London, W12. http://www.sneakersclearancecanada.com/ . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. Discount Sneakers Canada . The incident occurred at 19:56 of the second period of the Kings 4-2 road win over Edmonton on Sunday. Nolan punched Oilers forward Jesse Joensuu in the jaw in front of the Kings goal during a scrum. Sneakers Shoes Canada Sale . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament.NEW YORK -- For years, the duo of Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal dominated mens tennis.Along came Novak Djokovic, and suddenly there was a group of stars known as the Big 3, a trio that has won 39 of the past 47 major championships.And then Andy Murray elbowed his way in at the top, creating what some referred to as a Big 4.So now where does Stan Wawrinka fit among the sports elite? After all, his U.S. Open title gives him three Grand Slam trophies, the same total as Murray, and each one came via a victory in the final against the man ranked No. 1 at the time. Should the discussion shift to a Big 5, perhaps?At least one person says absolutely not: Stan the Man, himself.First, I think its not fair for them to put me there. I think theyve been there more than 10 years. ... Theyve been winning everything, and I think its just not fair, Wawrinka said Monday, meeting with reporters a day after beating Djokovic 6-7 (1), 6-4, 7-5, 6-3 in the final at Flushing Meadows.The Big 4 stays the Big 4, like that, he added with a smile. Im me.Maybe it doesnt matter how Wawrinka is characterized. His accomplishments are worthy enough on their own, without any sort of embellishment or stamp of approval via a status conferred by others.Wawrinka is ranked No. 3, behind Djokovic and Murray, and ahead of the recently injured Nadal and Federer at the moment. He also has a bit of a confounding overall record.Yes, Wawrinka owns those three all-important trophies and stands one Wimbledon title away from becoming the ninth man to complete a career Grand Slam; and, yes, he beat Djokovic en route to all three; and, yes, he is 3-0 in major finals; and, yes, he has beaten the owner of the No. 1 ranking in each of those; and, yes, he has won his past 11 tournament finals.There are, however, some gaps that could use filling.For one thing, he is 0-19 against whoever is No. 1 in all settings other than a title match at a major. For another, he owns exactly one Masters 1000 title, well behind the pack: Since 2009, Djokovic has 26, Nadal 16, and Federer and Murray 10 apiece.Wawrinka says thats a big reason he wont put himself in the same class as the others.dddddddddddd And he acknowledges he wants to be more consistent throughout the season, faring better in those types of tournaments.Rod Laver tends to agree, saying Monday that Wawrinka can prove hes up there with that other quartet with some better showings at the Masters.That said, Laver -- owner of 11 major titles, and the only two-time winner of a calendar-year Grand Slam -- was impressed by what he saw of Wawrinka from the Arthur Ashe Stadium stands Sunday.His game has improved. He used to have an OK forehand, and now it really is a weapon. That backhand was always there, Laver said. Its neat, the way he doesnt let up. Even when its a tough one, hes still going for `em. Because you think, `God, hes just got to mis-hit a few of them when hes down break points. And he never did.Wawrinka said Monday he stepped on court the evening earlier knowing he could beat Djokovic and assured his coach, Magnus Norman, as much.Just before the match, when we were talking, I told him I had a feeling that, this time, Im even more confident to beat him. I feel better than him, Wawrinka said. And its the first time ever I had that feeling in a tournament and in a match. And maybe thats also one of the reasons I played so well.At 31, Wawrinka is the oldest U.S. Open mens champion since 1970. Hes only the fifth man in the Open era with at least two major titles after 30.Not bad for a guy who said his goal when he started out was to maybe one day play a French Open.Not win it. Just get in the draw.So labels dont matter to him. Big 4? Big 5? Who cares?I dont want to keep talking about being part of them or close (to) them, because I think the Big 4 has to stay the Big 4, Wawrinka said, his shiny silver trophy on the table in front of him. Its a part of tennis history and it will always be like that, and I think its great like that.---Howard Fendrich covers tennis for The Associated Press. Write to him at hfendrich(at)ap.org or on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz