Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

17.10.2019 09:28
strikeouts from Chicago ace Chris Sale, a Antworten

HOUSTON -- Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith lost his cool in a preseason game, and its going to keep him out of the teams season opener. Smith was suspended by the NFL on Wednesday for Week 1 of the regular season and the last two preseason games for hitting Miami guard Richie Incognito with the Dolphins players helmet. Smith ripped the helmet off Incognitos head, then hit Incognito on the shoulder with it Saturday night in the teams preseason game. The two also went at it in last seasons opener, when Smith kicked Incognito, drawing an $11,000 fine. Smith later said Incognito deliberately tried to twist his ankle while holding his legs in the 2012 game. Incognito was not fined for that play. Houston general manager Rick Smith was unhappy with Antonio Smiths actions. "Thats obviously something we cant have in our game," Rick Smith said. Smith must sit out Houstons visit to San Diego to begin the season Sept. 9. He also will lose about $400,000 in salary for his seventh rules violation since 2011. "Im disappointed in myself because Ive got to make sure that my players keep their composure on the football field. Thats my job," Houston coach Gary Kubiak said. "Theyve got a job when they get out there to maintain their composure regardless of circumstances. Theres no excuses. We cant hurt the team, and I talk to our guys about that all the time. If someone is going to miss some time, that hurts the team." The Texans said league rules forbid Smith from speaking with the media while he is suspended, but Rick Smith said the player will appeal the punishment. "Theres an appeal process that has to take place and well support Antonio in that effort and participate in that as well," Rick Smith said. "I certainly believe that they will consider and theyll listen. Theyll give us a fair opportunity to present our side of it, and I think weve got a legit case to present, and hopefully they hear us." Antonio Smith was fined three times for unnecessary roughness and three times for illegal hits before the latest incident. Smith may attend team meetings before the next two preseason games, but will not participate in practice or play Sunday against New Orleans or Aug. 29 against Dallas. Beginning Aug. 31, Smith is suspended for Week 1 of the regular season and may not take part in any team activities. Incognito says respect for his teammates kept him calm after Smith swung the helmet. "Football is an intense game," Incognito said. "Its played with a lot of passion. Blood runs hot. Ive been there. Im no choirboy. People lost their cool and I just thank God nobody got hurt." Smith ripped Incognitos helmet off after a Miami pass play in the first half of Houstons 24-17 victory at Reliant Stadium and swung it at Incognito. Television replays dont clearly indicate whether the helmet made contact with Incognitos face, and he declined to provide the answer. No penalty was called on the play. "Youre faced with those situations all the time. Its been a work in progress for me," Incognito said. "Its something Ive been working on for many years now. I have too much respect for my teammates and too much respect for the hard work that we put in to retaliate and affect this team negatively." Houston defensive end J.J. Watt said the team will miss Antonio Smith if the Texans have to play without him. He was asked if he thought Incognito was a dirty player, but didnt directly answer the question. "I think a lot of people think that," Watt said. Kubiak said he spoke to Antonio Smith about the situation and the defensive end knows his behaviour wasnt appropriate. "He was very disappointed," Kubiak said. "He wants to be out there on the football field and to be there with his team. He understands the consequences that go with losing your composure in a given moment." Chuck Bednarik Womens Jersey .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. Mike Quick Jersey .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. https://www.eaglessportsgoods.com/Womens-Herman-Edwards-Inverted-Jersey/ . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. Brian Westbrook Jersey . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Miles Sanders Jersey .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. ARLINGTON, Texas -- Yu Darvish did his part in the first of six straight games at home for the Texas Rangers against the two teams chasing them in the AL West.Now its Cole Hamels turn.Darvish struck out nine in 6 2/3 innings and Carlos Beltran homered among three hits, helping the Rangers beat the Seattle Mariners 6-3 on Monday night.The American League-leading Rangers dropped the Mariners into third place, a game behind Houston and 9 1/2 back of Texas.For the ninth straight time since the All-Star break, the lefty Hamels will follow Darvish in the rotation Tuesday night. The Rangers are 11-6 in those starts with five straight wins.I think its huge to have your one and two going back-to-back, manager Jeff Banister said. Yu set the table tonight with what he was capable of doing, really keeping their hitters off balance. Its a big plus to have those two guys at the front of the rotation for us.Darvish (5-3) easily outpitched fellow Japanese right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma for his third straight win, leaving to a standing ovation with a 6-1 lead in the seventh after throwing 110 pitches, the most since his return from Tommy John surgery.The Mariners tagged Darvish for two runs on Franklin Gutierrezs double off reliever Jake Diekman before Keone Kela struck out Nelson Cruz as the potential tying run.Sam Dyson struck out two in a perfect ninth for his 30th save, giving Texas 13 strikeouts.Seattle has lost six of seven and been held to one or no runs by CC Sabathia and Masahiro Tanaka of the Yankees and Carlos Rodon of the White Sox. The lone win in that stretch -- a 3-1 victory -- came despite 14 strikeouts from Chicago ace Chris Sale, and thanks to Mariners ace Felix Hernandez.Its very good pitching. What are you going to say? Seattle manager Scott Servais said. When you catch the guys how were catching the rotations right now, its just where were at. Weve just got to continue to grind and hang in there.Beltran had a solo homer in the first and a double that was one of three straight run-scoring extra-base hits in a four-run third againsst Iwakuma (14-10), who lost his third straight start while matching his shortest outing of the season at three innings.ddddddddddddIwakuma allowed a season-high five runs for the fourth time.Two days removed from ending a career-worst 0-for-32 skid, Beltran had at least three hits for the first time since getting four against Oakland on Aug. 16, the day before the slump started.It was the third time Darvish and Iwakuma have faced each other in the majors, and Darvish has two wins. The Rangers have won his last five starts after losing the previous five straight.WHICH WAYS UP?Adrian Beltre jokingly turned his helmet backward as he came to the plate to face ambidextrous pitcher Pat Venditte in the fifth, drawing a big grin from the Seattle reliever, who said Beltre did the same thing when they faced each other for the first time last year. It must work for Beltre. The 37-year-old doubled against Venditte, just as he did last year. I think hes just trying to get some laughs, Venditte said.SHORT HOPSSeattle center fielder Leonys Martin, playing in his old home park, took a home run away from Ian Desmond with a leaping catch above the wall in right-center in the seventh. ... Carlos Gomez struck out three times and is 0 for 18 with 10 strikeouts since homering in his first at-bat for Texas. ... Mike Zunino had four strikeouts, three against Darvish. ... The Rangers released OF Drew Stubbs, who rejected an assignment to Triple-A Round Rock.TRAINERS ROOMRangers: The scheduled rehab start for RHP Colby Lewis (right lat muscle strain) with Double-A Frisco at Midland was rained out. He is likely to start Tuesday night in Frisco.UP NEXTMariners: LHP James Paxton (4-5, 3.63 ERA) makes his second start since returning from a left elbow injury after getting struck by a line drive.Rangers: LHP Hamels (14-4, 2.67) is tied with Tampa Bays Jake Odorizzi for the lowest ERA among AL starters since the All-Star break at 1.59. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz