Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

16.10.2019 08:20
Maryland.The sad thing about it is we came up w Antworten

John Tortorellas much-maligned relationship with the media has been a major talking point ever since his hiring in Vancouver. The new Canucks head coach was on TSN Drive with Dave Naylor on TSN Radio 1050 and his rapport with the media was once again the hot topic. "No matter if its in Vancouver or wherever, and Im very fortunate for another stop here, when youre told youre no longer wanted as a coach, you end up reflecting and assessing," said Tortorella. "Ive done some pretty stupid things along the way... Im going to try and get some of the stupid things out of the way." Tortorella is going from one hotbed media market, where his relationship with reporters was always contentious, to perhaps an even bigger hotbed media market. "I know the scrutiny and the pressure and the media and I think I need to do a much better job at cultivating a relationship. There will be mistakes along the way but I certainly need to straighten a few things out as we begin this." Its easy to say the right thing at introductory press conferences, but Tortorella says he really has learned from the past, and will be better with the Vancouver media. "Its not so much saying it, I believe it. Listen, Im not going to go out to dinner and hang with the media but I need a working relationship." As the 12-year veteran coach says, hell work to be more amicable, but hell never be buddy-buddy with reporters covering the team. "Its not going to be a love-fest here. I still have a job to do." Reports stated Tortorellas relationship with players in New York was at times as difficult as his relationship with the media. Asked if he cared what players think about him, Tortorella had a definitive answer. "No. I dont think you can as a coach. In Vancouver, I think its one of my biggest jobs to try and get guys to another level. Theyre a good team. They havent gotten to a level to win the Stanley Cup. Its my job to try and push them there." "The way I look at it and the way I introduced myself in the interview was, to get to the next level, I just think there has to be a little bit more stiffness. And the mental part of the game, Im anxious to work on with them." While one of his main tasks may be motivating his players to reach the next level, another big one is dealing with Roberto Luongo and the teams goaltending situation. "I watched it last year from afar and I thought those two players (Luongo and recently-traded Cory Schneider) handled themselves tremendously. It was a really precarious situation." "I have talked to Roberto after the Schneider deal was made and I hope what will help him is that you have new guys coming in as far as a coaching staff." "I think Robertos a hell of a goalie. He isnt a backup... Hes going to be the backbone of our team." According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, Tortorella is looking to fill out his coaching staff by adding former Dallas Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan as an assistant. Clearance Nike Air Max 90 . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. Nike Air Max 90 From China . U.S. District Judge Lorna G. Schofield in Manhattan agreed that lawyers on both sides could make their formal requests by Nov. 8. A hearing is scheduled for a day earlier. Jordan Siev, a lawyer for Rodriguez, wrote in a joint letter to the judge from lawyers on both sides that MLB lawyers planned to ask that the lawsuit be dismissed. https://www.cheapnikeairmax90china.us/ . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. Wholesale Nike Air Max 90 . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. Nike Air Max 90 Sale . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- With Maryland playing shaky and facing a possible first loss, freshmen Destiny Slocum and Kaila Charles steadied matters with poised contributions that got the fifth-ranked Terrapins past Louisville.Charles scored the go-ahead basket with 2:20 remaining, and Slocum followed with seven points to help Maryland beat Louisville 78-72 on Thursday night in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.The Terrapins (7-0) seemed in control with a 62-53 lead entering the fourth quarter before Louisville rallied to lead twice, including 67-65 with 3:15 left. Charles followed Brionna Jones game-tying layup with another before Slocums three-point play provided a 72-67 edge that she added to with four more free throws in finishing with 13 points. Charles scored all eight points after halftime.You know, its just playing basketball, said Slocum, who made six of her final seven free throws after missing her first two. I mean, Ive been in this moment before. I have two veteran players on our team that really led us. We knew what to do because they told us what to do. ... And in that moment we needed to lock in, play defense, have good offense, and I think thats what we did.Indeed, those newcomers followed good examples set by Marylands upperclassmen.Senior guard Shatori Walker-Kimbrough (26 points) made two free throws with 4 seconds left to seal Marylands victory in the first regular-season meeting between the schools. Jones, another senior, added 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Terps, who made 23 of 28 from the foul line.I thought our vets, Shatori and Bri, really led us in the first half so we could settle in and see all these new players from game to game, Maryland coach Brenda Frese said. Kaila Charles took until about the third quarter to be able to step up. Kristen Confroy (six points) gave us great minutes, her boards. ... Youre going to see that with our depth all season where different players (are) ready when their number is called.Asia Durr scored 20 points and Myisha Hines-Allen 16 for Louisville (6-2), which lost its second game in five days against a Top 5 team. They also fell for the third time in four games against Maryland.The sad thing about it is we came up with like six stops, seven stops in a row, starting the fourth quarter, said Louisville coach Jeff Walz, a former Maryland aassistant.dddddddddddd But then when it becomes crunch time, you take a two-point lead and God forbid, thats when you have to get one. And we just refuse. Its our upperclassmen, unfortunately.THE BIG PICTUREMaryland: The Terrapins shot at least 50 percent in the first three quarters before cooling off to 31 percent in the fourth and allowing Louisville to rally. They still finished at 48 percent. Walker-Kimbrough and Brionna Jones combined for 10 unanswered points during a game-changing run in the second quarter and led by as many as 10 twice in the second half. The Terps offset 18 turnovers by owning the boards 48-35 and keeping their main players in the game despite foul trouble.Louisville: The Cardinals stayed close by forcing 10 Maryland turnovers in the first half, but fouls were a concern with four having at least two at the break. Mariya Moore eventually fouled out after scoring 13 points. The Cardinals shot 39 percent overall and just 36 percent in the final quarter. Their lone bright spots were a 44-32 edge in the paint and 20 points off turnovers.POLL IMPLICATIONSMaryland figures to stay near the top five, while Louisville could take a tumble out of the top 10. The Cardinals still have to face No. 17 Kentucky on Sunday.MORE TO SAYWalzs postgame comments about his players resolve evolved into a rant in which he blasted what he considers an entitled culture.Right now, the generation of kids that are coming through, everybody gets a damn trophy, OK? Walz said. You finish last? You come home with a trophy. You kidding me? Whats that teaching kids? ... Its OK to lose. And, unfortunately, its our society. Its what were building. And its not just in basketball; its in life.Everybody thinks they should get a job. Everybody thinks they should get a good job. Thats not the way it works. But unfortunately, thats what we are preparing for.UP NEXTMaryland: Returns home from its four-game road swing for an intrastate meeting against UMBC on Sunday.Louisville: The Cardinals challenging stretch continues Sunday at home against in-state rival and No. 17 Kentucky, which has won the last five in the series.---More AP College Basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz