Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

10.10.2019 10:18
hing the top of the Test rankings in August, they a Antworten

AUBURN, Ala. -- Cornerback Josh Holsey remembers well the last time Auburn played Vanderbilt. It was 2012, and the Tigers were on their way to a winless Southeastern Conference season that culminated with the firing of coach Gene Chizik.No. 11 Auburn, now ranked ninth in the initial College Football Playoff rankings, appears headed in a very different direction heading into the rematch Saturday four years after that 17-14 defeat.I was on the field when we lost, the Tigers Holsey said. It kind of sucks. That was a very long trip back, too.We have to make sure I can come away at least 1-1 with those guys before I leave Auburn.Auburn (6-2, 4-1) has much higher stakes this time around against the Commodores (4-4, 1-3). The Tigers are riding a five-game winning streak that has put them in contention for the SEC West title and into the playoff mix.The Commodores (4-4, 1-3), who are coming off an open date, also have some momentum after wins over Georgia and Tennessee State. They havent won three games in a row or beaten a ranked team since 2013 and are 26-point underdogs in this one.Weve got our hands full, but weve had a chance to do some things ourselves, Vandy coach Derek Mason said. Definitely excited about whats happening.The game features the SECs top two rushers, Auburns Kamryn Pettway and Vandys Ralph Webb. Webb faces a defense that has allowed only four rushing touchdowns.---Some other things to watch in the Vanderbilt-Auburn game:FOCUSED IN: Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and players insist theres no danger of the Tigers overlooking Vandy while thinking about the Georgia game or an Alabama showdown with potentially huge stakes. The Commodores have already upset Georgia.PETTWAYS STREAK: No running back in the country gained more than Pettways 199 yards per game in the month of October. The 6-foot, 240-pounder has averaged 32 carries in the last three games for the nations No. 3 running team. When you see (No.) 36 rolling down hill, that dudes a monster, Mason said.PROTECT THE BALL: Vanderbilt is tied for first in the SEC and 20th nationally in turnover margin at plus 6, forcing a combined 13 fumbles and interceptions. The Commodores have lost just seven with three fumbles and four interceptions. They dont beat themselves, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said. They make you earn it.WATCH FOR CUNNINGHAM: The Commodores rank seventh in the SEC and 59th nationally in run defense, a unit anchored by the leagues top tackler in junior linebacker Zach Cunningham. He is averaging 10.6 tackles per game and has 85 tackles through eight games -- 14 more than the next closet tacklers with eight games played. Cunninghams key stop on fourth-and-1 in Athens preserved Vandys 16-15 win over Georgia on Oct. 15.TONY STEVENS: The status of Auburn leading receiver Tony Stevens remains a mystery. Stevens sat out the Mississippi game with an undisclosed injury. He has 24 catches for 408 yards and three touchdowns, all team highs.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org Anthony Bennett Jersey . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. Clyde Drexler Rockets Jersey ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. https://www.rocketsrookiesshop.com/Marquese-Chriss-City-Edition-Jersey/ . Isner, ranked No. 14, won his eighth career singles title and took the title in New Zealand for the second time after his victory in 2010. The match was similar to Isners quarterfinal victory over fifth-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber which went to three sets, all tiebreaks and contained no breaks of serve. Michael Frazier Rockets Jersey . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. DeAnthony Melton Jersey . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. Trevor Bayliss has described speculation over Alastair Cooks future as captain as a pain in the backside and insisted that the dressing room is united in its support for him.Cooks future has been called into question since he gave an interview to the Cricketer magazine on the eve of the Bangladesh and India tours in which he said: Deep down I dont know how much longer I am going to carry on. It could be two months, it could be a year.Suspicions he was preparing to step down only escalated after Cook described Joe Root as ready to captain following defeat in the Mumbai Test. That result meant England had lost three Tests in succession, four of their last five and five of their last seven. From a position where England were a result or two from reaching the top of the Test rankings in August, they are now facing the prospect of dropping to fifth if they lose the final Test of the series against India in Chennai.But Bayliss, the England coach, is clearly in no doubt that he wants Cook to continue. Describing Cooks record as fantastic, Bayliss acknowledged that talk of him standing down had become a distraction.I think everyone, to a man, in the dressing room would be disappointed if he wasnt captain, Bayliss said. But when its constantly in the media all the time, its a bit of a pain in the backside. Especially when no one around the team believes that or thinks that. Its a little bit aggravating.I suppose anyone whos done the job for that long, theres always going to be questions towards the twilight of his career. But the job hes done with the group, I think,, has been fantastic.ddddddddddddBayliss was especially frustrated as talk over Cooks future had, he felt, detracted from all the good things England have achieved on the tour. And it is true that, while the scoreline is grim, England can take some comfort in the emergence of a couple of promising top-order batsmen, in Keaton Jennings and Haseeb Hameed, and the improvement in Adil Rashids legspin bowling.It takes the focus away from all the good things weve done on this tour, Bayliss said. I think weve played some good cricket here. Weve got to give credit where credits due: weve played good cricket and theyve played even better cricket.Bayliss now plans to speak to Cook and Andrew Strauss, the managing director of the England team, to resolve the uncertainty over the captaincy.Weve had some discussions in the past, he said. But those two guys - Cook and Strauss - have obviously had a big history. Im sure well have a chat between the two or three of us.Bayliss has previously stated that he expected Cook to be captain for the Ashes series in 12 months time. Hes talking about the next Ashes series and being out in Australia, Bayliss told the BBC last week. Sometimes there are little comments made along the way and they get blown out of all proportion.Hes certainly up for the fight. I havent had any discussion with him any other way and thats what weve been working towards. I was as surprised as anyone when I saw that in the papers. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz