Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

10.10.2019 10:18
side made sure that was enough, s Antworten

DETROIT -- The Detroit Lions have gone down to the wire in every game this season, so their kicker has been even more important than usual.Matt Prater has come through when theyve needed him.Praters 40-yard field goal on the final play lifted the Lions to a 16-13 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Thursday, putting Detroit alone atop the NFC North. Every game the Lions have played this season has been decided by seven points or fewer, so Prater has had to make decisive kicks on several occasions.I dont think you can ever say anything is automatic, but hes as good as they come in those situations, coach Jim Caldwell said.Praters career was at a crossroads when he joined the Lions in 2014. Detroit was having a hard time finding a dependable kicker after the end of Jason Hansons career, and Prater was available after Denver cut ties with him.Prater had been a standout with the Broncos, but he began that 2014 season on a four-game suspension for violating the leagues substance abuse policy after a positive test for alcohol consumption in the offseason. When he joined the Lions, he said hed voluntarily entered a 12-step program to deal with his alcohol issues.Detroit has been happy to have Prater, who made 21 of 26 field goals during that 2014 season and then went 22 of 24 in 2015. Hes 21 of 24 this season, but that doesnt tell anything close to the whole story.In his career, the 32-year-old Prater has made 18 winning or tying field goals with under 4:00 remaining in the fourth quarter, or in overtime. Six of them have come in 2016.I dont know if Id say ice cold veins, just, you know, I have a lot of confidence in what were doing as far as a unit with guys up front, Prater said. (Don Muhlbach) snapping, Sam (Martin) holding, and I just have confidence where I dont doubt myself.The season nearly began on a sour note for Prater. He missed an extra point with 4:04 remaining in the opener at Indianapolis, and the Colts drove the other way for a touchdown to take a one-point lead in the final minute.Detroit got Prater in position for another chance, though, and his 43-yard field goal with 4 seconds left lifted the Lions to a win.On Oct. 9, Praters 29-yard kick with 1:28 to play helped the Lions to a 24-23 win over Philadelphia. The following weekend, he connected from 34 yards with 1:29 remaining for a 31-28 victory over Los Angeles.Kicks from that distance are routine in the NFL, but on Nov. 6 at Minnesota, the Lions tested Praters range. On the last play of regulation, he made a 58-yarder force overtime. Detroit went on to win 22-16.On Thanksgiving, Prater was under pressure again, and he came through. His 48-yard field goal with 1:45 to play tied the game at 13. Then, after the Lions (7-4) intercepted a pass, he calmly kicked the winner.Basically have the same mindset as an extra point in the first quarter, where I dont go out and ever expect that Im not going to make the kick, Prater said. Maybe Ive been a little luckier, maybe? In the final two minutes of games in tying or winning kicks -- but its just, I try not to overanalyze it too much and hope the most important kick is always the next one.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL .---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Matt Duffy Jersey . The defence is doing its part, too. Drew Brees threw a pair of touchdown passes in the first half and the guys on the other side made sure that was enough, sending the Saints to a 17-13 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night. Ji-man Choi Jersey . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - good for ninth in the Western Conference. https://www.cheapraysonline.com/926i-avisail-garcia-jersey-rays.html . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. Stitched Rays Jerseys . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. Oliver Drake Rays Jersey . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. HANOVER, N.H. -- Charlie Miller and Jeremiah Douchee blocked field goal attempts in the final in the final 3 minutes and Dartmouth held on for a 20-17 win over Towson on Saturday.Towson marched 94 yards in 15 plays but Miller blocked Aidan ONeills 22-yard field goal attempt with 2:19 left. After forcing a three-and-out, the Tigers picked up 33 yards to reach the Dartmouth 39 with 1 second left. Thats when Douchee blocked ONeills 56-yard attempt.Dartmouth took a 20-10 lead in the third quarter when running back Abrm McQuarters took a backwards swing pass to the right and then pulled uup to hit Drew Hunnicutt for a 23-yard touchdown.ddddddddddddDiondre Wallace picked off a Jack Heneghan pass and returned it 20 yards to the Dartmouth 11. Deshaun Wethington cashed in with a 1-yard plunge to pull the Tigers within a field goal late in the third quarter.Wethington finished with 145 yards on 27 carries. Christian Summers and Andre Dessenberg combined for 23 receptions and had 140 yards apiece for Towson as Ellis Knudson passed for 305 yards. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz