Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

09.10.2019 08:27
in the ninth to build a 5-2 Tampa Bay lead. Antworten

DALLAS -- Texas athletic director Mike Perrin joined president Greg Fenves in expressing his support for coach Charlie Strong on Friday and insisted there is no magic number of wins Strong needs to reach this year in order for his third season at Texas to be considered a success.I support Charlie Strong. Hes my coach. Hes a friend. I respect him as a man, Perrin said in a meeting with reporters in Dallas, the day before the Longhorns play rival Oklahoma.?I really cant speculate or answer hypothetical questions here of what might be put before us later in the year. I just cant.When asked specifically whether he would ever make a coaching change during the season, Perrin replied: Thats something Ive never considered.Perrin, Texas athletic director since September 2015, said hes been getting more calls and emails from fans who are greatly in support of Strong than those who arent in favor of him. The former Texas letterman said hes excited about the direction of Texas offense but conceded that the teams struggle in the kicking game in a 49-31 loss to Oklahoma State bothers me, and he called the issues Texas defense is facing troublesome.The Longhorns have given up at least 47 points in three of their first four games. Strong took over the defense from defensive coordinator Vance Bedford this week.When asked what he would consider a successful season for the 2-2 Longhorns, Perrin offered no specific goal. I dont have a magic number of wins, yardage, honors, he said. I want to see an improved program from top to bottom.He was asked specifically whether eight wins is enough and joked: Eight wins would be, from a math majors standpoint, three more than last year.Fenves, Texas president, posted a message on his Twitter account on Wednesday extending his support for Strong and his players as they prepare for OU and rest of the season.Perrin shared Fenves optimism going into Texas Red River Showdown with the No. 20-ranked Sooners.I feel real good about the people weve recruited the last two years and the coaches who have succeeded at every level, Perrin said. I remain very excited about the football team, I really do. Its Oct. 7. Well be playing for two more months, so weve got a lot of football ahead of us. I havent given up on the football team or any aspect of it. I believe in our players, and I believe in our coaches. Chicago Cubs Store . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. Cubs Jerseys China . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. https://www.cheapcubs.com/ . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Chicago Cubs Pro Shop . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. Cubs Jerseys 2020 . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. MIAMI -- Alex Colome became the latest homegrown Tampa Bay Rays pitcher to make an impression. Matt Joyce and James Loney homered to support Colome in his major league debut Thursday night and helped send the Tampa Bay Rays to a 5-2 victory over the Miami Marlins, who lost their ninth straight. Colome (1-0) allowed an unearned run and five hits in 5 2-3 innings. He walked two and struck out seven as the Rays won their fifth straight. Tampa Bay has used a homegrown starting pitcher -- a pitcher it drafted or signed internationally by the Rays -- for 363 of the last 380 games dating back to Oct. 1, 2010. Colome, 24, is the nephew of former Rays reliever Jesus Colome. He was signed out of the Dominican Republic in 2007 and Wednesday became the first product of the Rays Dominican academy to reach the majors. "Ive waited a long time for this, and I feel very happy," Colome said. Fernando Rodney pitched a scoreless ninth for his 11th save in 16 opportunities. Ricky Nolasco (3-6) gave up three runs and four hits in 6 2-3 innings. He walked four and struck out five. The Marlins have dropped 16 of 18. Ben Zobrist had a two-run double off Mike Dunn in the ninth to build a 5-2 Tampa Bay lead. The Rays went ahead 3-1 in the seventh when Loney led off with his fifth homer. Joyce s two-run homer in the sixth gave Tampa Bay a 2-1 lead. It was Joyces ninth homer and followed a one-out walk to Zobrist. The Marlins scored a run in the first on Jose Molinas passed ball with the bases loaded. Colome escaped further damage by retiring Greg Dobbs on a groundout for the final out with runners on second and third. "I was most impressed with his ability to stay calm throughout the whole thing, but his stuff is a little bit overwhelming. Its really good," Rays manager Joe Madddon said.dddddddddddd Ahead 1-0 in the fifth, Miami put runners in first and third with one out. Colome then got Placido Polanco to hit into an inning-ending double play. "It saved my life," he said of the double play. Miami scored an unearned run in the eighth, after Loneys error on Dobbs grounder loaded the bases with two outs. Josh Lueke walked pinch-hitter Miguel Olivo to force home Polanco, then struck out Rob Brantly to end the inning. Miamis 31-year-old infielder Ed Lucas made his major league debut when he entered to play shortstop to begin the ninth. Lucas spent nearly 10 years in the minors. "It was pretty amazing," Lucas said. "It was especially exciting because it was a critical part of the game for a while. But it was a dream come true." Tampa Bay improved to 9-1 in interleague play, while the Marlins fell to 1-8. Miami rookie Marcell Ozuna singled in the first inning to extend his hitting streak to 15 games. NOTES: Miami was expected to announce after the game RHP Jacob Turner would be called up from Triple-A New Orleans to start Friday nights game against RHP Shaun Marcum (0-5, 5.77) and the New York Mets. ... Rays LHP Matt Moore (8-0, 2.21) will oppose Cleveland Indians RHP Corey Kluber (3-3, 4.57) on Friday night. ... Marlins OF Giancarlo Stanton (strained hamstring) will back off his rehab due to sore knees, manager Mike Redmond said. ... Rays manager Joe Maddon said RHP Alex Cobb (cut on middle finger) would start Tuesday if, "he says he hes well." The Rays were expected to make a postgame roster move before announcing a starter for Saturday. RHP Jeremy Hellickson will start Sunday. ... Maddon was asked how important next weeks draft was for the team. "Our version of free agency," he said. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz