Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

07.10.2019 07:20
most drama in the match occurred when a Antworten

CHICAGO -- Kyle Schwarber wanted to play the field. The Chicago Cubs wanted to put him in the field. The doctors said no.Schwarber will be relegated to pinch-hitting duty for the next three games in the World Series after doctors said Thursday it was too soon after his major left knee surgery to risk putting him in the outfield against the Cleveland Indians.Were going to respect the doctors, president of baseball operations Theo Epstein said. Theyre the professionals here and move forward. Kyle understands that. He wants to play, hes the ultimate gamer, but he understands that the doctors judgment has to rule the day in this case.Schwarber was ruled out for the year after he tore two knee ligaments in an outfield collision with Dexter Fowler in Chicagos third game of the season. But he had an encouraging checkup with Dr. Daniel Cooper on Oct. 17 in Dallas, clearing the way for a rushed return by way of the Arizona Fall League.Schwarber served as the designated hitter for the first two games in Cleveland, going 3 for 7 with a pair of RBI singles in Chicagos series-tying victory in Game 2 on Wednesday night. The Cubs were so excited by his success that they had what Epstein called lengthy phone conversations with Cooper and Dr. Stephen Gryzlo, one of the Cubs physicians.But Cooper and Gryzlo said they couldnt clear him for the field at this point.Theres just too much risk in playing the outfield because of the dynamic actions involved, the instantaneous reactions, the need to cut in the outfield, the dynamic, athletic movements that are unanticipated in the outfield, your instinct in reacting to balls that just arent the case when youre running the bases, Epstein said.Schwarber was selected by Chicago with the fourth overall pick in the 2014 amateur draft out of Indiana University. He made his major league debut last June, part of a wave of bright young talent that helped the once-downtrodden franchise blossom into one of baseballs top clubs.The Middletown, Ohio, native hit .246 with 16 homers and 43 RBI in 69 games last year, but really rose to prominence in the postseason. He hit .333 with a franchise-record five homers in nine playoff games, including a drive that reached the top of a Wrigley Field videoboard.Schwarber stood in left for a short while during batting practice on Thursday, but he never took any fly balls. He had already talked to the doctors at that point.Deep down in my heart I really wanted to, but theres obviously the doubts of the injury, he said. You know, it was a huge injury, and thats the facts. Not many people get this opportunity that Im in right now, so Im embracing this opportunity that Ive got and Im going to cheer my teammates on, and when my time comes, Im going to be ready for that opportunity.---Jay Cohen can be reached at http://www.twitter.com/jcohenap Authentic Hockey Jerseys . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Cheap Hockey Jerseys China .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. https://www.fakehockeyjerseys.com/ . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. Custom Hockey Jerseys .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. Hockey Jerseys Black Friday . Jeff Green scored 13 points and Kris Humphries 12 for the Celtics, who nearly blew an 18-point, second-half lead. Sullingers 20-20 was the first by a Celtics player since Kevin Garnetts first game in Boston in 2007. Garnett was dealt -- along with Paul Pierce -- to Brooklyn during the off-season. LONDON -- Andy Murray?will take on Novak Djokovic in the World Tour final on Sunday.The two best players in the world will compete in a straight shootout for the year-end No. 1 ranking in the championship match at the O2 Arena.Seems like a movie story scenario. Its a script, Djokovic said. A romance Ill call it. Bromance, let me be correct.He added: Im really privileged and honored to be part of history tomorrow with Andy. Weve known each other for many years. This is one of the biggest matches we will ever play against each other, so lets enjoy it.In their respective semifinals, Djokovic enjoyed a 6-1, 6-1 blowout against a gassed Kei Nishikori, who was 1-2 in three round-robin matches; Murrays knuckles were bleeding toward the end of a marathon 5-7, 7-6 (5), 7-6 (9) win over Milos Raonic in the earlier match.It was a career-best 23rd straight win for Murray, who isnt letting go of the No. 1 ranking without a fight. He waited seven years and 82 days to obtain the ranking since first reaching No. 2 in August 2009.After reaching his first season-ending final, Murray needed 10 minutes in the ice bath for a second time this week.He had already broken the record for the longest three-set match in Tour finals history on Wednesday, a win over Nishikori that went 3 hours, 20 minutes. The semifinal win over Raonic lasted 3 hours, 38 minutes.Tired, Murray said, summing up his feelings after a 77th victory from 86 matches in 2016. Ive played so much tennis the last few months. Some long matches this week. Ill just give it my best tomorrow. Its gonna be tough.The second and third sets against Raonic had each gone 80 minutes. Murray eventually took his third-match point in an epic, third-set tiebreaker.I had to fight very hard to get over the line, Murray said. I was broken twice serving for the match. That was frustrating, but it was a pretty amazing tiebreaker. There were some great points. I just managed to get the break in the end.That was one of the harder matches Ive played. Three-set matches are never normally this long. I dont expect that, playing someone with a serve like Milos. But there were so many long games and long points.Djokovic, who had already benefited from an extra days rest, finished his job in just 66 minutes with ruthless efficiency -- the most drama in the match occurred when a spectator tried to run on the court.Nishikoris serve was broken six times, with Djokovic makking just 12 unforced errors compared to 24 by the Japanese player.ddddddddddddThe crowd erupted every time Nishikori managed to hold his serve. He looked far less elated with his efforts and trudged off court with his head bowed when it was all over.I started off very well, pretty much executed everything tactically that I planned to do before the match, Djokovic said. Last couple of matches have been pretty much flawless.But it was a battle from the first game for Murray. Raonic won 89 percent of points on his first serve in the first set, having broken the Scot in the 11th game and closed it out in 58 minutes.Murray gave a sarcastic thumbs-up to his team when he retreated to his chair. Seemingly rattled by an earlier time violation at 4-4, he gave chair umpire Damien Dumusois a verbal volley.You gave me a warning, but you didnt give him a warning, he said, turning to the umpire, with whom he has had a couple of other arguments in 2016.Dumusois was the umpire who accused Murray of having no respect in a Monte Carlo semifinal defeat to Rafael Nadal. Murray had lofted a ball toward he umpire -- he was frustrated that Dumusois did not give Nadal a warning for going over the allotted 25 seconds between points.Murray also volleyed a ball with his foot toward Dumusois chair in a Cincinnati semifinal against Raonic.The Scot managed to shake off the incident here, just when Raonic looked to have him on the rocks when he broke for 2-1 in the second set. Murray had slumped down in his chair but burst back to life by breaking to love and letting out a roar with a fist pump.Murray, who had a much easier time beating Raonic in straights in the Wimbledon final, then edged a tiebreaker to level the match.Raonic unexpectedly gifted Murray two breaks, and two chances to serve out the win in the decider, but Murray tightened up and failed to take either.Another tiebreaker was needed to separate these two. Raonic saved two match points and then failed to take one of his own, but he couldnt deny Murray a third time.I have to be proud that I finished the year with giving it every ounce of energy I had, Raonic said at a news conference. Im pretty sure Im going to feel like crap tomorrow.Ill look back at 2016 with a lot of good moments, a lot of pride, a lot to be proud of. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz