Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

25.09.2019 10:59
said. No excuse for that; poor, poor Antworten

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Injuries to starting quarterbacks are creeping up in the Big 12, highlighting the need for backups to be prepared for significant playing time.Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury said Monday that the status of FBS total offense leader Patrick Mahomes is day-to-day. Mahomes left last weeks game against Kansas after going down hard on his right (throwing) shoulder and he didnt return.If Mahomes isnt ready, junior Nic Shimonek would get his first career start Saturday for Texas Tech (3-1, 1-0 Big 12) at Kansas State (2-2, 0-1).Oklahomas Baker Mayfield tweaked his right ankle when he was sacked by TCUs Josh Carraway and fumbled in the second quarter Saturday. Mayfields ankle was heavily taped at halftime and he returned to the field. Coach Bob Stoops said Mayfield is a little bit sore but hell be ready to go when the 20th-ranked Sooners (2-2, 1-0) play Texas (2-2, 0-1) in their annual rivalry game Saturday in Dallas.The injuries are a wakeup call not only for the need to having reserves ready, but for opposing teams to prepare to face them.Just in case, Oklahoma has freshman Austin Kendall, who threw two touchdown passes against Louisiana-Monroe earlier this season. And Shimonek completed 15 of 21 passes with four TDs in the 55-19 win Saturday over Kansas State. He also got extensive work in Texas Techs season opener against Stephen F. Austin.I was excited to see him get his opportunity, Kingsbury said. It was fun for me to get to see him do it out under the lights and I thought he handled himself very well.Kingsbury said Shimonek just showed up at Texas Tech two summers ago as a walk-on transfer from Iowa. He had to work his way up the depth chart, playing behind Mahomes and Davis Webb in 2015.We could tell he could throw pretty well, we didnt know what we had on our hands, Kingsbury said. What jumped out to me was his work ethic. He made himself the player that he is. Ive got to give him all the credit.Kansas State coach Bill Snyder was impressed by Shimoneks accuracy and confidence.It didnt look to me like there was any drop off from Mahomes, Snyder said. Obviously Texas Tech is doing it the right way because that youngster came in and played so very well.Teams like Texas, Iowa State and Kansas use their backup quarterbacks regularly. For other teams that dont, youve got to keep them sharp, give them reps, continue to remind them that theyre one play away, said West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen.West Virginia got a scare in its season opener when Skyler Howard hurt his ribs against Missouri and sat out a few series. Two backups had turnovers during brief stints, and Holgorsen said that was an eye opener for them.Our backup quarterbacks werent ready to go in there, Holgorsen said. Since that game, I thought theyve been more engaged and practiced better to the point to where if that happens again, theyre going to be more ready to play.Other news from the Big 12 coaches teleconference:-No. 13 Baylor (5-0, 2-0) hasnt allowed a point in the fourth quarter all season, and interim coach Jim Grobe attributes that in part to conditioning and becoming familiar with the opponents offense. But after a nail-biting 45-42 win over Iowa State, Grobe said his team needs to correct its mistakes during a bye week, particularly on defense.Weve got to get back to being a better fundamental football team, Grobe said.-TCU coach Gary Patterson said he doesnt believe the winner of the Big 12 race will come out unscathed in league play. Baylor, No. 22 West Virginia, Texas Tech and Oklahoma are the remaining teams that havent lost in Big 12 games.Theres a chance, because where everybody has to go to, that the winner of this league may have two losses. It could be one, Patterson said. For me theres a lot of parity in it.-After Texas got three extra points blocked at Oklahoma State, one of which was returned for two points, Longhorns coach Charlie Strong promised that the problem will be fixed.We didnt do a good job of reacting to it, he said. Kyrie Irving Shoes From China . The 18-year-old American had five birdies in her bogey-free round for a 17-under total of 196. Lee held the overnight lead but mixed three birdies with two bogeys for a 70. Kyrie Irving Shoes For Sale . Ivanovic was leading 7-5, 1-0 when Hantuchova withdrew after falling 0-40 behind in the second game. The match started slowly for Ivanovic, who surrendered her first two serves as Hantuchova took a 5-3 lead. https://www.cheapshoeskyrieirving.com/ . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. Cheap Kyrie Irving Shoes . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. Kyrie Irving Shoes For Sale . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Moore-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187. DENVER -- The Broncos question at starting quarterback remains unanswered, and both Trevor Siemian and Mark Sanchez exited Saturday nights 31-24 preseason loss to the San Francisco 49ers feeling like an opportunity to win the job was squandered.Siemian started the game, and the Broncos opened the night with a 10-play, 86-yard touchdown drive on their first possession. But after opening the game 10-of-11 passing, Siemians 12th attempt was intercepted by 49ers safety Eric Reid and returned 42 yards for a touchdown.I just cant turn the ball over, Siemian said. I made a bad decision. I want that one back ... that one bad play. Unfortunately you cant have one bad play.Sanchez had just the kind of two-minute drive going that would get coach Gary Kubiaks attention, but he was sacked and fumbled deep in 49ers territory with 39 seconds left in the first half.When the Broncos defense forced a fumble on the next play, recovering the ball at the 49ers 15-yard line, Sanchez let that opportunity slip away as well. On the third play after the recovery, he was sacked and fumbled again, this time with 14 seconds left in the first half.I squandered a great opportunity to separate myself, and put the team in a bad situation, Sanchez said. No excuse for that; poor, poor quarterback play.I cant put pressure on the O-line like that. I know Im in a tough spot right there, and Coach wants to see what I do. Theres no excuse for that. You cant do that. ... Poor play. I just let one go tonight. Thats really too bad.Kubiak said this past week that he would like to make a decision on a starter before Saturdays preseason game against the Los Angeles Rams, but he didnt seem inclined to do that after the loss to the 49ers.Asked if hee had seen enough from either quarterback to make the call, Kubiak said: We made too many mistakes, obviously.dddddddddddd They both did some good things. ... You have to protect the football. Obviously we have to hang on to the good things and find a way to protect the ball. Thats what we need to focus on now more than anything.Kubiak added a bit later that he was still taking the quarterback decision day by day.Siemian finished the night 10-of-14 for 75 yards with the interception. Sanchez was 10-of-17 for 120 yards with the two fumbles, and he was sacked three times. Rookie Paxton Lynch, who closed out the game, was 15-of-26 passing for 113 yards with two touchdowns and an interception against a host of 49ers reserves.Sanchez put together drives of 60 and 75 yards on his first two possessions, fumbling to end the second drive. He said he was particularly upset because he felt like he had played well enough to win the job before the turnovers.No doubt, I thought I came in, we had a lot of energy, moved the team right down the field, two drives of 70-plus yards and were rolling, Sanchez said. Going into my eighth year, I know better. I know Ive got to get the ball out.I know I can play this game, and I know Im better than I showed [Saturday]. ... Two really bad plays that took away from a great performance and potentially winning a job, so thats really too bad.Sanchez was also asked if it was difficult to not know who would be the teams starter so deep in the preseason.He simply said: Its difficult playing like crap on two plays and ruining an opportunity. Thats difficult. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz