Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

17.09.2019 04:08
Wednesday.As long as he can stay healthy, Antworten

CHICAGO -- The Cincinnati Reds needed every clutch hit they could manage and almost every arm in their bullpen Friday to hold off the Chicago Cubs. Jay Bruce had two RBIs and scored a run, Shin-Soo Choo drove in a run and scored twice, and the Reds scored five times when two were out to hold off the Cubs 6-5. "The team that gets the two-out hits is the team that wins the games," Reds manager Dusty Baker said after the Reds improved to 4-10 on the road. "Those are big, big clutch hits when you get two out. "We had some guys swing the bat pretty good today." The Cubs scored three runs in the ninth against Reds closer Aroldis Chapman before reliever J.J. Hoover came on and struck out Darwin Barney with the bases loaded to pick up his first save. "You kind of train yourself for that as a reliever," Hooever said. "All of these (relievers) can handle that situation. Thats what makes us a good staff." Chapman allowed three straight hits to open the inning, then got two outs before giving up a bases-loaded walk to Nate Schierholtz and a two-run single to Welington Castillo as the Cubs pulled within one. After pinch-hitter Cody Ransom drew a walk to load the bases again, Hoover replaced Chapman and preserved the win by getting Barney on a foul tip. Baker cited inactivity for Chapmans problems in the ninth. "He hadnt pitched in three days," Baker said. "If you dont pitch him its like if youre pitching him too much." Mike Leake (2-1) gave up two runs and nine hits in 5 2-3 innings, earned his fourth straight decision over the Cubs with help from five relievers. "Its cold out there but Im just trying to work on my strikes and work down in the zone," Leake said. "The umpire was working well with me on that low ball. It was nice to try to attack that lower half of the zone." Devin Mesoraco, Todd Frazier and Zack Cozart also had run-scoring hits to help the Reds hand Carlos Villanueva (1-2) the loss. "Its impossible to hit all the time -- you wish they could and I wish they could," Baker said. "Things go in cycles. Im just hoping this is an upturn towards how we can play, how we can hit." Leake cruised into the sixth with a 4-0 lead before giving up a consecutive one-out doubles to Anthony Rizzo and Alfonso Soriano, and an RBI single to Schierholtz. Leake was replaced one out later after giving up a single to Luis Valbuena that put runners at first and third. Reliever Sam Lecure got Barney on a pop up to second base to end the inning. Trailing 5-2 in the seventh, the Cubs loaded the bases with one out before reliever Sean Marshall struck out Soriano on a 3-2 pitch in the dirt and got Schierholtz to ground out to second. The Cubs came in last in the majors in batting with runners in scoring position at .167 and had more trouble. A day after going 0 for 7 in such situations against San Diego, the Cubs were 0 for 4 until Sorianos RBI double in the sixth. Still, the Cubs left 12 runners on base. The rally encouraged manager Dale Sveum even if the Cubs left the winning run on base in the ninth against Hoover. "We didnt do much in the first eight innings again, though," he said. "We left some guys out there again and obviously they added on a couple there, one they added on without a hit the one inning (seventh). Those are the things that will come back and haunt you at the end of a game." Cincinnati chased Villanueva with two out in the sixth after RBI doubles by Bruce and Mesoraco for a 4-0 lead. Michael Bowden relieved Villanueva and ended the threat, but Cincinnati tacked on single runs on Bruces RBI grounder in the seventh against Bowden and Cozarts run-scoring single in the eighth against Kameron Loe. "In my last two starts, Im one pitch away from two quality outings," Villanueva said. "You know, the good part is Im close to where I want to be. Im just not putting that guy away when I need to." Cincinnati broke on top in the first on Joey Vottos single and Fraziers run-scoring double to deep centre. Xavier Paul led off the second with a double off Villanueva and scored on Choos two-out single. NOTES: Sveum said he wants to see injured pitcher Matt Garza get at least three more starts or "close to 100 pitches" in a rehab assignment after suffering a lat strain. Garza is set to pitch Monday for Triple-A Iowa. Svuem also said reliever Kyuji Fujikawas rehab effort Sunday in Iowa will be only about 25 pitches. Fujikawa went on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right forearm. ... The Cubs have at least one stolen base in five straight games. ... Reds RHP Johnny Cueto missed his scheduled rehab start at Class AA Pensacola on Friday due to a setback in his recovery from a strained right lat muscle. ... Cincinnatis Tony Cingrani (2-0) opposes Chicagos Jeff Samardzija (1-4) on Saturday. Nike Air Max Plus Tn Dames . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. Nike Vapormax Sale Nederland . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. http://www.vapormaxsalenederland.com/vapormax-2019-goedkoop-kopen/heren.html . Instead of dwelling on the negative, Oates focused on what was good about the clubs recent play. It worked. Nike Air Max Plus Tn Heren .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. Nike Vapormax Heren Goedkoop . Ferrer, trying to win his fourth title on Mexican soil, will next play South Africas Kevin Anderson, who eliminated American Sam Querrey,7-6 (2), 6-4. Also Wednesday, Gilles Simon (6) of France beat Donald Young of the United States 6-4, 6-3, Ukraines Alexandr Dolgopolov downed Frenchman Jeremy Chardy 6-3, 6-4 and Croatias Ivo Karlovic defeated Dudi Sela of Israel 7-6 (4), 6-2. GREEN BAY, Wis. -- No matter what the plan is for Julius Peppers this season, the expectations arent changing for the oldest player on the Green Bay Packers roster.Its not like were going to put him out to pasture or sit him over on the bench a whole lot, general manager Ted Thompson said Wednesday.Peppers is beginning his 15th NFL season; whether this will be the final one for the 36-year-old defensive stalwart isnt known.Of more immediate attention, as the Packers prepare to play their first preseason game Friday night against the Cleveland Browns, is just what role Peppers will have when the season starts in a month.Peppers is listed as a starter on the depth chart this week. But another former first-round draft pick, Nick Perry, not Peppers, has been taking most of the reps at the outside linebacker spot opposite Clay Matthews in Green Bays base defense early in training camp.Defensive coordinator Dom Capers said reining in Peppers has been by design.I think we know what Julius is capable of, so youll probably see limited reps of Julius with where he is, Capers said. Youve seen that through training camp thus far, so its enabled Nick to get a lot of reps. We have a number of guys there that we need to see and take a good look at.While Perry is relishing the extra work as he looks to put an injury-marred first four pro seasons behind him, Peppers isnt saying much about the apparent role reversal. In fact, he hasnt spoken to reporters in the locker room since the first couple of days of camp, which opened July 26.Peppers declined to talk as he walked out of the locker room after practice Wednesday.As long as he can stay healthy, which hes been since the teams offseason program in the spring for the first time in his career, Perry is expected to have a bigger role in Green Bays defense this season.Hes a physical guy, very good player against the run, and he can use that physicality and size, and hes got a couple pass-rush moves that hes very good at, Capers said.Perry has yet to play aa full season, but the Packers saw enough production at the end of last season to re-sign him to a one-year contract.ddddddddddddhis is home for me, said Perry, who led Green Bay with 3 + sacks in its two playoff games. For those guys to believe in me and know that Ive got more to give, it just puts everything in perspective on whats to come. Theres unfinished business here, and were just trying to get to that.As for Peppers, the Packers are hopeful he will remain as productive as ever, even if his role is diminished.Hes a marvelous player and a very gifted, athletic specimen, the likes of which I dont know that Ive ever seen, Thompson said.Peppers had a team-high 10 + sacks last season, moving him to No. 9 on the NFLs all-time sacks list with 136. He also was selected to the Pro Bowl for the ninth time.Thompson wouldnt say whether the team will try to maximize Peppers production in the final year of a three-year, $26 million contract by reducing his workload.I think certainly you can make that argument that that would be a logical conclusion, Thompson said. I dont know. I think it just kind of depends. I think you pick your spots and you use players that are extraordinary, which Julius is, in a certain way.Game notes Matthews (ankle) and WR Randall Cobb (calf) were held out of the Packers final open practice before Fridays game. Among those still sidelined were QB Brett Hundley (ankle), LB Jake Ryan (hamstring) and C JC Tretter (illness). . Long snapper Jesse Schmitt watched practice with a cast on his broken right hand. Schmitt suffered the injury while making a block on his first snap in a punt drill in his first practice with the team Tuesday night. The Packers signed Schmitt, an undrafted rookie from Purdue, to compete with incumbent Rick Lovato. Schmitt didnt know if surgery would be needed.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz