Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

09.09.2019 08:59
preparing and performing in a home Olympics f Antworten

SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Giants will be looking to close more ground on the National League West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers when they open a week-long homestand with a three-game series against the fourth-place San Diego Padres on Monday night.The Giants trimmed two games off what had been a five-game deficit in the West by sweeping the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday through Sunday while the Dodgers were losing two of three at Miami.Once again, the week begins with the Giants enjoying the more favorable of the matchups. The Dodgers wrap up a trip with a three-game series in New York against the Yankees, beginning Monday.The Giants (77-65) and Dodgers (80-62) still have six head-to-heads on the schedule, including three next Monday through Wednesday in Los Angeles.The Giants hope to go into that series with Hunter Pence swinging the same hot bat he packed for the flight home from Arizona on Sunday night.Pence had a historically good series in Arizona, highlighted by back-to-back, four-run games Friday and Saturday.He became just the fifth Giant ever to total eight runs in consecutive games, and the first major-leaguer since the New York Mets David Wright in August of 2015 to have consecutive four-run efforts.C.J. Cron of the Los Angeles Angels recorded the 2016 season high of five runs scored on July 2 against the Boston Red Sox.A player has scored four runs in a game 35 other times this season, including three times by the Cubs Kris Bryant and twice over a three-day span by the Blue Jays Josh Donaldson.But Pence is the only player to have achieved the feat on back-to-back days this season.The veteran sandwiched those efforts with a 3-for-5 outing with a double and an RBI in the series finale Thursday at Colorado, and a 1-for-3 outing with a two-run double Sunday to cap the sweep over the Diamondbacks.He will take an 11-for-16 streak (.688) into the San Diego series. Hes owned the Padres this season, going 11-for-23 (.478), with at least one hit in all six of his starts against them.The Giants roll into the homestand in more ways than one.They were able to rest most of their much-maligned bullpen Sunday with starter Matt Moore completing seven innings in a 5-3 win.He did a nice job, assessed Giants manager Bruce Bochy. The seven solid innings allowed us to use the bullpen the way we wanted.Jeff Samardzija will get the ball for the Giants on Monday. Hes gone 3-0 with a 3.91 ERA in four starts against the Padres this season, improving his career mark against them to 6-1 with a 3.29 ERA in eight starts.Hell be facing a Padres offense that San Diego manager Andy Green thought failed to show up for Sundays 3-2 home loss to the Colorado Rockies.The Padres were no-hit by Chad Bettis for three innings and totaled only five hits in the game.That was not our sharpest game offensively, Green observed. Over those first innings, I thought we lacked fight during our at-bats.The Padres will open the series with Paul Clemens on the mound.The right-hander has never faced the Giants among his first 16 career starts. Magic Johnson Jersey . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. Vlade Divac Lakers Jersey . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. http://www.lakersbasketballshop.com/Kurt-Rambis-Jersey/ . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. Rajon Rondo Jersey . After a lengthy wait, persistent rain finally forced the postponement of the Nationals game against the Miami Marlins on Saturday night. The teams, and a few thousand fans, waited nearly four hours from the 7:05 scheduled start time before an announcement was made shortly before 11 p. Nick Van Exel Jersey . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. RIO DE JANEIRO -- It was hard to believe as Tom Daley chattered away excitedly in the media mixed zone and lifted his hand, complete with Olympic-symbol ring, up and down to his face.But this was the man who helped diving partner Dan Goodfellow stay calm as they claimed bronze in the fiercely contested synchronized 10-meter platform diving event at the Maria Lenk Aquatics Centre on Monday.Daley made history with the success, becoming the first Briton in his sport to win multiple Olympic medals -- and, in doing so, a weight was lifted off his shoulders.Ive taken the pressure off myself now, said the 22-year-old, who won bronze in the 10-meter platform individual event at the 2012 London Games before falling out of love with his sport. Ive got an Olympic medal and can go into that individual competition [in Brazil] in the best frame of mind possible. Its given me a taste, and now I want to go and get some more. Now I want a gold medal.Dealing with pressure has been a key theme with Daley. The intensity of preparing and performing in a home Olympics four years ago made him sick of what he was doing. Some time away and greater training variety provided the antidote, and now the idea of pressure crowding in on him seems implausible.That was underlined by the way he responded after he and Goodfellow dropped out of podium contention with their fourth dive, leaving them just two to work with to secure a medal.We stayed focused on what we had to do, Daley said, reflecting on their reaction after a disappointing fourth dive. I just said to Dan, Be in the moment. There is nothing you can do to change what youve done. You just have to be in the moment and enjoy it and give it your best shot.It was an agonizing wait at the end and felt like an eternity. We were stood there and knew we had done a good dive, but we didnt know if we had done enough.dddddddddddd I knew how I was going to feel if we finished fourth. There was replay after replay, then the scores came up. I saw it before Dan and pounced on him, and I dont think he was quite ready for it.Daley teamed up with Goodfellow last October, but they have enjoyed more than their fair share of success in big events; the 19-year-old Goodfellow showed in his Olympic debut that it is not just the senior partner who knows how to hold his nerve.I knew wed be No. 8 [in the diving list], and no matter what the situation, there would be load of pressure, Goodfellow said. I just accepted that and tried to block everything else out and focus on my dives.Daley has another long wait to deal with now, as the 10-meter individual event doesnt take place until the end of next week. Staying focused could become an issue, but he has put his trust in the tried-and-tested approach that got him back on track after London.Ive got a day off [Tuesday] and Im going to see my family and friends who have come out here, he said. I will move out of the village for five days to give my head and body a bit of a rest and come back into it three or four days before the competition.Daley will continue to use the Olympic facilities to train, but he will need to be right at the top of his game next week given the always-tough competition from diving powerhouse China. ?I will be going into the individual event giving it my best shot, the Briton said. Chen [Aisen] is in the event along with Qiu Bo, and those two are definitely my top rivals, but Im ready to try and beat them. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz