Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Dies ist ein Forum in einer Kategorie
mary123 Offline

24.08.2019 10:15
contemplating quitting football, Antworten

NEW YORK -- After moving ahead of Martina Navratilova for the most Grand Slam match victories by a woman in the Open era, and tying Roger Federers mark for all players, Serena Williams offered some thoughts on gender equality in sports.I definitely think there is a difference between the way male and female athletes are treated. I also believe that as a woman we have still a lot to do, Williams said Saturday after beating Johanna Larsson 6-1, 6-1 at the US Open for her 307th win at major tournaments.Tennis has made huge, huge improvements, she continued. We just have to keep that ... going for all other female sports, as well.At Wimbledon in July, when Williams was en route to her record-equaling 22nd Grand Slam title, a reporter asked her about being considered one of historys greatest female athletes. Her reply: I prefer the words one of the greatest athletes of all time.Williams clothing and shoe sponsor is using that line as part of a marketing campaign during the US Open.On Saturday, Williams said she thinks a priority for womens tennis should be closing the pay gap that still exists at non-major tournaments (the Grand Slam events hand out equal prize money).There is a huge pay difference in terms of male and female athletes in lots of sports, Williams said. Still so in tennis a little bit, as well. ... Its just taking one step at a time. Cameron Wake Womens Jersey .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. Christian Wilkins Jersey . Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. http://www.authenticdolphinspro.com/Nat-moore-dolphins-jersey/ . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. Josh Rosen Jersey . That left plenty of energy for pitching books and swatting away free agency questions. Anthony had 24 points and nine rebounds, and the Knicks avenged an embarrassing home loss with a rout of their own, beating the Boston Celtics 114-88 on Wednesday night for their third straight victory. Jerome Baker Jersey . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Lamarcus Joyner has been playing on a broken toe since the second quarter of the Los Angeles Rams season opener.Although his teammates and coaches are impressed by his resolve, the defensive back simply is determined to hold up his end of the secondary.I knew I had to be accountable to the defense, so I just kept my mouth closed and kept playing, Joyner said Tuesday after practice.Joyner broke the second toe on his left foot during the Rams season-opening loss at San Francisco. He said it felt like his foot fell asleep, and when his toe wouldnt move after his foot woke up, Joyner knew something was wrong.He just didnt tell coach Jeff Fisher or the training staff until the 28-0 loss ended.I just strapped on my cleats and I played, man, Joyner said. I know it was an important game to us. If you just think about 2014, that draft, how Coach Fisher ... gave up a pick for me, all that kind of stuff just ran in my mind. Theyve made a lot of sacrifices for me, so I can fight through something like this.Although an episode of HBOs Hard Knocks captured Joyner suggesting he was seriously contemplating quitting football, the defensive back says he is still devoted to the sport and the Rams: He played extensively in Los Angeles 9-3 win over Seattle last Sunday.After playing 134 of the Rams first 148 defensive snaps with only nine good toes, he intends to be in uniform again this weekend at Tampa Bay.It was nothing that was going to keep him from playing, Fisher said. You can kind of get an appreciation for his commitment to this game and his teammates. Playing through that is not easy.But Joyners toughness isnt a surprise to the Rams.Thats why we drafted him, Fisher said. We watched him for a couple of years there at Florida State, and hes one of those guys.dddddddddddd He shows it every day.Joyner might be getting some help soon in the Rams secondary, which is in for a workout from Jameis Winston and the Buccaneers.Cornerback E.J. Gaines is close to returning for his first NFL game since 2014 after participating in practice Tuesday. After missing last season with a foot injury, he has been out since last month with a left thigh injury.Fisher suggested Gaines could even step right into the starting lineup -- and though Gaines has played only 15 NFL games, the Missouri native is eager to add veteran continuity.I think weve been on a roller coaster, Gaines said of the secondary. Made some really good plays and made some bad plays. Weve got to be a lot more consistent out there. I hope we can put it all together in this third regular-season game.A year ago, Gaines was in competition with Trumaine Johnson for the starting cornerback job opposite Janoris Jenkins before getting hurt. While Gaines watched from the sideline, Johnson earned a $13.95 million contract for this season.After Jenkins left for a lavish free-agent deal with the New York Giants, Gaines was the favorite to fill the vacancy before his injury.Los Angeles used second-year free agent Troy Hill extensively against the Seahawks in place of starter Coty Sensabaugh. Hill held up fairly well against repeated targeting by Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson.Its anticipated, Hill said. Youve got a proven corner on the other side, and Im just unproven, so Im anticipating that. I expect that every time I go out there.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz